Longest Drive Off The Tee To Reach The Green

I know I hit one that played just over 280, and believe I three putted for par. :ROFLMAO:

recently I hit one roughly that distance again but it bounced off and ended up going over. I've come pretty close to rolling one up on one that played close to 300 downhill, but hit the rough and ended my chance.

Longest was 365. It was down hill and wind assisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drove two greens this year. Longest (and longest ever) was 305 on a firm course, and the other was 270. Easiest pars of my life :cautious:

296 to the middle and I left it on the front with a back pin. 4 putts later I got my bogey :(

A few. Probably the longest is our 9th hole. Which takes about 350 to reach the front. Usually there is a tail wind needed. But in my younger days, it wasn't.

A few. Probably the longest is our 9th hole. Which takes about 350 to reach the front. Usually there is a tail wind needed. But in my younger days, it wasn't.

I hear you on that, lol. Worked my ass off to hit 130CHS a couple winters ago. Didn’t last year and was in the 112-115 range, but never could find the center of the clubface in limited playing time.

Hell, when I was 20ish I hit 143 without any overspeed training.

Your numbers looked awesome BTW with that Mavrik. Very consistent. I probably averaged a 1.2 smash last year. Yes with driver, lol. It wasn’t the clubs fault either, I flat out just stunk.

You’ve done the Grandaddy proud with your reviews. I’m not in the market this year due to life sucking, but if I was I’d have already ordered.

My course is a little shorter, but I've had several eagle putts on #15 @365yds by cutting the corner of the trees a few on #10 @346yds. I've come close on #17 which is a downhill par 4 @386yds... but in fairness I've also lost a lot of balls in the tall stuff to the right on that hole.

The Eagles Forest Course had the tee boxes pushed up which was like 255 that day on a Par 4. 3 Putt Par.

I hit a good drive and landed on the green. Only time I've ever driven a green. Played a few other courses with short Par 4s and was able to be just off the green or whatever.

Last edited:
I'd guess just shy of 270y... with a 3wd. Hole 15, Palm Tree Golf Course on Andersen AFB, Guam.Screenshot_20200116-115641_Golf Pad.jpgScreenshot_20200116-115641_Golf Pad.jpgScreenshot_20200116-115633_Golf Pad.jpg

We play a course a few times a year that has 2 holes that are drive-able with solid swings. One is 280ish, the second is 270ish. I've hit the longer one once, and the shorter one twice. It takes a perfect swing, but it happens occasionally.

This is a very open brag thread haha. I have gone for many a green in my life. I think the longest I actually hit was in the 370 range.

16th hole at Antelope Hills South in Prescott, Az. is 368yds. I've hit that green a few times. Elevation there is about 4500' though.

Longest I've been on the green is the 1st hole at my home course. 342 to center with a slight dogleg left. There is a fairway bunker on the left side that is about a 220-240 carry depending on the placement of tees that day. Once you clear the bunker the fairway slopes down slightly towards the green. With it being Texas and usually dry all you have to do is clear the bunker or miss just to the right to be within about 50 yards or closer. I have driven it a handful of time and been in the greenside bunkers or side of the green numerous times. I have driven 6 of the par 4's here and been close or greenside on another. They are all fairly short but have a lot of risk reward if you go for them.

One of the longest drives I ever had that almost was on the green was at my old home course in Abilene called Diamondback. It was 417 to center with the with a strong wind at my back. I was playing with a buddy and a couple guys he was playing college baseball with. They hit good drives and I got up and just ripped a tight little draw right down the center (I usually came over the top and hit a fade then). It rides the wind and rolls with a hard fairway and catches a little ridge front left of the green and rolls down just off left of the green. It was about 400-405 and I have never come close to that again.

My longest drive off the tee is 268 yards. That’s according to Arccos. That was on a par 4 323 yards. I chip up and unfortunately 2 putted for par.
I have driven the green at another much shorter par 4, 248 yards with 2 putts for birdie.

Use to, not any more. Best was a hit pin tap in eagle from about a 280 hole many moons ago.

My course is a little shorter, but I've had several eagle putts on #15 @365yds by cutting the corner of the trees a few on #10 @346yds. I've come close on #17 which is a downhill par 4 @386yds... but in fairness I've also lost a lot of balls in the tall stuff to the right on that hole.

Losing balls and being long go hand in hand. I lose a ton every year. Until last year I’d have a few tee shots every year that defied belief. Usually conditions had to be perfect and I’d have to go full long driver mode and hope to hit a towering draw.

Didn’t hit a single tee ball last year that I’d consider great. I hit some long ones but the ones I really tore into weren’t straight. Played in a THP event and almost everyone was hitting it as far or further than I was. Pretty dang embarrassing considering my long drive past and my name here. Couldn’t find the center of the club to save my life. Only drive I nailed I pulled it and ended up 70 yards past the FW on 18 at Firestone North. Fun hole, the further right you go the better your chance at hitting the green in two. The problem was it was all water carry and the further right you go, the more you had to carry. Extreme left was only about a 200 yard carry. Go straight at the pin, probably a 380 yard carry. Round one I went left and ended up by a junction box closer to hole 1’s tee than my FW, lol. Day two I tried to tackle it. there was a small set of bushes that are probably a 250 carry so I set up right at them. A high on the face block right made a splash. Retee and did the same thing. Told my Pardner that this hole was on him and updated THP while he was playing, lol. IIRC he hit a good bunker shot and ended up having a chance at par. I think he bogeye net oar.

Next up was alternate shot nine and I have to say that I played like a wimp, but left him in decent shape on every hole. Took a bunch off and was just hitting hybrid off the tee to make sure he wasn’t in bad shape. Probably should learn to do that more often. I don’t know how we fared in that portion of the event but I’d say top 2. We made par or bogey every hole IIRC. Alternate shot can be a train wreck. We played to a derailment level only.

Years ago in my hey day, I could murder the driver with my 50" shaft.
I played in a 2 day tourney in Clarkston Washington at Quail Ridge.
Both days I drove the 376 yard par 4. It was downhill and those 2 days the wind was blowing 25 mph down the hill. Made birdie on Saturday and Eagle on Sunday.

Losing balls and being long go hand in hand. I lose a ton every year. Until last year I’d have a few tee shots every year that defied belief. Usually conditions had to be perfect and I’d have to go full long driver mode and hope to hit a towering draw.

Didn’t hit a single tee ball last year that I’d consider great. I hit some long ones but the ones I really tore into weren’t straight. Played in a THP event and almost everyone was hitting it as far or further than I was. Pretty dang embarrassing considering my long drive past and my name here. Couldn’t find the center of the club to save my life. Only drive I nailed I pulled it and ended up 70 yards past the FW on 18 at Firestone North. Fun hole, the further right you go the better your chance at hitting the green in two. The problem was it was all water carry and the further right you go, the more you had to carry. Extreme left was only about a 200 yard carry. Go straight at the pin, probably a 380 yard carry. Round one I went left and ended up by a junction box closer to hole 1’s tee than my FW, lol. Day two I tried to tackle it. there was a small set of bushes that are probably a 250 carry so I set up right at them. A high on the face block right made a splash. Retee and did the same thing. Told my Pardner that this hole was on him and updated THP while he was playing, lol. IIRC he hit a good bunker shot and ended up having a chance at par. I think he bogeye net oar.

Next up was alternate shot nine and I have to say that I played like a wimp, but left him in decent shape on every hole. Took a bunch off and was just hitting hybrid off the tee to make sure he wasn’t in bad shape. Probably should learn to do that more often. I don’t know how we fared in that portion of the event but I’d say top 2. We made par or bogey every hole IIRC. Alternate shot can be a train wreck. We played to a derailment level only.
I disagree... swinging harder than you need to, lack of knowledge, and lack of control both physically and mentally are what cause long drives to go hand in hand with losing balls. I have no problem admitting all those things are flaws in my game. There are plenty of people with better game than my own that hit it further, and straighter on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
My longest was 268 (cut the corner on a dog leg) and I lipped out the eagle putt and had a tap in birdie

This is a very open brag thread haha. I have gone for many a green in my life. I think the longest I actually hit was in the 370 range.

Ha! I’ll brag any time I can. Anone that’s seen me swing, can state that the power is there. My golf skills are not but I’ve put out a couple 400 yarders (conditions dependent obviously) in the past 2-3 years.

If we’ve moved to brag thread, I hit a hard towering hook 340+ yards as the crow flies. 3i. I think it was GPS measured at 363. I’d given up the ball as lost when my dad found it on arriving at the green. It was 20 years ago and conditions were there. Hard course, cut over the dogleg left, and it hit on a downslope. Probably carried 260ish, which isn’t impossible considering at the time I swung over 140chs with my driver. Ran out the rest of the way.

Two tiered green and I three putted for par. Nothing exciting there, lol. When I play the hole now, unless conditions are perfect, I just hit a 7i to the left side of the dogleg and have 100-130 in.

My kids were with me 3 years ago and I told them of the shot. Of course they didn’t buy it and I showed them the GPS of it. I hit a BIG sweeping hook with 4i and ended up just 20 yards shy. I don’t have it anymore but I did enough that they fully believed it. Most of the time I just hit 7i. If I feel I can control the driver on that day, I’ll hit it.

I love when people call me out. I have carried my PW as far as 194 before. That’s when someone called me out. I can hood something to take the loft out of the equation. Then it’s how far can I hit it with a dynamic loft of ??

I can still generate a lot of speed. Gone are the days of 130+ plus CHS. But I can still get into the 115’s pre accident. I really have no idea what’s left in the tank anymore. I’ll find out soon as I’m gonna hit the range function in the sim very soon. Probably tomorrow night or Sunday morning.

I can’t do that anymore but I can still hit 250+ with my 4i occasionally. If I haven’t lost out due to accident.

Ha! I’ll brag any time I can. Anone that’s seen me swing, can state that the power is there. My golf skills are not but I’ve put out a couple 400 yarders (conditions dependent obviously) in the past 2-3 years.

If we’ve moved to brag thread, I hit a hard towering hook 340+ yards as the crow flies. 3i. I think it was GPS measured at 363. I’d given up the ball as lost when my dad found it on arriving at the green. It was 20 years ago and conditions were there. Hard course, cut over the dogleg left, and it hit on a downslope. Probably carried 260ish, which isn’t impossible considering at the time I swung over 140chs with my driver. Ran out the rest of the way.

Two tiered green and I three putted for par. Nothing exciting there, lol. When I play the hole now, unless conditions are perfect, I just hit a 7i to the left side of the dogleg and have 100-130 in.

My kids were with me 3 years ago and I told them of the shot. Of course they didn’t buy it and I showed them the GPS of it. I hit a BIG sweeping hook with 4i and ended up just 20 yards shy. I don’t have it anymore but I did enough that they fully believed it. Most of the time I just hit 7i. If I feel I can control the driver on that day, I’ll hit it.

I love when people call me out. I have carried my PW as far as 194 before. That’s when someone called me out. I can hood something to take the loft out of the equation. Then it’s how far can I hit it with a dynamic loft of ??

I can still generate a lot of speed. Gone are the days of 130+ plus CHS. But I can still get into the 115’s pre accident. I really have no idea what’s left in the tank anymore. I’ll find out soon as I’m gonna hit the range function in the sim very soon. Probably tomorrow night or Sunday morning.

I can’t do that anymore but I can still hit 250+ with my 4i occasionally. If I haven’t lost out due to accident.

I feel you. I just know threads like this can at times turn into **** measuring contests that no one wins. If it stays cordial it can be fun and funny at the same time. (y)

Uhhh...a fair ways out there

I never tried to drive a green until about ten years ago. My home course had a 247 yard par 4. Uphill traps on the left and right sides and in front of the green with the back of the green sloping up into deep rough. I twice drove it and each time when it hit the green it went up into the deep rough over the green. I made bogey the first time and made a long putt for par the last time. I stopped trying to drive it after the second time and just laid up to a sand wedge distance after that. Years ago I was playing a par 60 course and one par four was only 225 or so. I drove in and made the eagle putt. But I don't really count that since it was not on a regulation golf course.

309, though it was in dry summer conditions and slightly downhill. Basically anything landing around 260-270 stood a chance on the right line.

Drive the green? You mean like in a golf cart? Sure. Almost every time I drive to the green. :)

Unless it's a par 3, and I get lucky and don't push my shot into a fade or slice a few times. I think it was a par once or twice in that situation. Most times it results in a double or triple bogey.

Back