Longest Drive Off The Tee To Reach The Green

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
How many times in your golfing career have you driven the green and what was the yardage. The longest I've had where I drove the green was just over 270 yds. I've hit greens numerous times that were over 260 yds. Also what was your result. Mine were birdies most of the time. Did you get the eagle, birdie, or what?

Closest I have been is a 291 yard drive on a 329 hole. My chipping sucks so I bogeyed on that par 4 :dohanim::LOL:

Longest was 306 to the hole and flew it to the middle and rolled to the back past the whole. Ended up birdieing it. I've done it probably a dozen or so times. Oddly enough, never for an eagle.

My one any only Eagle (well, I have one HIO. I don’t count that as an Eagle) was on a downhill 300 yard par four. Happen to hit the hill perfect on a dry day and rolled down to reach the green. Made a decent putt for Eagle. Unfortunately, that was a very long time ago and I never duplicated the shot on any other hole.

Eagle Glen #11 a 342 yard dogleg right, cut the corner by going over a hill. Cutting the corner is about a 300 yard drive to the green.
Bayonet #11 355 yard dogleg left, cut the corner by going over the Cypress trees. About a 315 yard downhill carry.

Driven 300 yard greens about a dozen times.

Last edited:
My old college course, Trysting Tree, Corvallis, OR - Hole 11 294 on the card with a very large green driven the green many times (always bounced/rolled on) never made better than a birdie

Twice it was the same hole playing around 260

I’d say today it can be 260-280 and I have a good shot

Never driven the green. One day!

Best I’ve got is a 240 yard hybrid on a dogleg right, par 4. Ended up with a birdie after lipping out.

Driven our 10th green a number of times at around 265yds, never made eagle yet though

Also finished just short of a 320yd green at another course, but a playing partner in my group did make it (both of us have the Epic Flash in our bag)

This maybe played 300 yards, played from the blue tee during a outing. Two putt bird.

Screenshot_20200116-050408.pngIMG_20190922_083104.jpgIMG_20190922_083118.jpg

I’ve never driven the green. Not even remotely close.

There’s one driveable par 4 at my home course. I’ve tried a couple times, with terrible results every time.

No 1 at Savannah Harbor. 338 yards. It was a little down wind and I was jacked up.

first hole on our local muni is a 290 par 4, it up hill. But when the wind is right and the ground is hard it’s gettable. I’ve been on a lot over the years. Lots of birdies but no eagles yet.

First hole on my home course is 306 on the card, playing 290 if you take the correct line. Danger on the right so I usually just hit something less than driver.

I have hit it once, and the best part was the club pro was watching on the tee. It must have burned the edge as my drive was 5 feet on line past the hole. Greens were just punched, though, so my eagle putt plinkoed for the miss.

I’ve only done it once (but tried it a bunch). It was about 260.

I've only ever been putting for eagle on a par 4 one time in my life. The hole was like 305

330 or so with a nice little breeze behind me

I have driven #14 Southern Landings a few times so that isn't saying much. It is a short par 4 that you tee off way above the fairway and green. There is a pond behind the green so going long is bad. I think the yardage is 354 from the white tees, but it plays much much shorter.

I have done it once at the local CC. Hole 3 is a short par 4 of 267 from the forward box. We played a scramble and I hit the green. We missed the eagle putt.

We have a 245ish par four (I know) that I'm able to drive about 50% of the time. I usually pull a 2H since it's a narrow fairway but when the conditions are right in the summer the 220 carry will roll out onto the green just about every time.

This one course I used to play had 3 drivable Par 4s. The first was a 310 that I drove many times. The second was a 330 that I drove only once. And the third was a 287 that I drove several times and overshot several times. BUT, folks, that was 30 years ago! LOL! Can't do those 300 yard drives anymore! :love::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Plenty of times, longest I clearly remember was ~320. been green side on a few ~340 usually with notable wind involved.

This is the longest green that I’ve actually been on, was on the very front edge and was playing the back of the next tee box up so probably went 375-380. Pin was in the back, two putt birdie.

Big wind at my back that day and rock hard FW’s. This was also when I was using the superspeed training program.

I have eagled every hole lifetime on that nine, minus the two par 3’s. My lone eagle on that hole coming on a hole out from 100 yards on the dot. I’ve never been within 40 yards of that green before nor after. It usually plays into the wind and I usually hit 4i as my normal driving landing area it pinches in with the lake on the right and OB left. 44879B1B-2F50-4E8C-BEDC-7CF68D744EA1.png

I’ve driven a lot of par 4 greens and made a lot of eagles. I also lose a lot of balls. It’ll be interesting to see what I have left in the tank post accident and illness.

Back