Longest golf ball

Sanzabar

Oh So Colt!
Reaction score
Handicap
Just having a long drive competition with some buddies.

I am looking for the longest LEGAL ball. Also, want a cheaper ball... dont want a premium ball.

So far, I have heard the following are great choices (anyone have experience with any of them or others):

Pinnacle Gold Distance
E7
Callaway HX Hot
Top Flite Freak

Thanks guys.

Slazenger Raw Distance. It is what is used exclusively in the Long Drive Competitions. Jamie Sadlowski hits them a mile, so that means you can to.

Titleist Velocity has gotten big claims from everyone I've known to hit them.

Polara straight golf balls... only if it's a long drive contest where you have to find the fairway. 175 yds + straight > 300 yds + right/left

Completely dependent on who is swinging it. Spin, compression can drastically effect launch angle, so it would be completely different for every golfer.

If you have a moderate swing speed I think the Noodle long and soft is a decent option. At the very least it is nice and cheap.

Does Jack Hamm make golf balls?

I get good distance with Fuzz Balls. I use them in scrambles because it doens't matter if you lose them. They come in 18 packs so one for each hole. I still believe if i had one shot, one ball i'd play a titliest ProVX. I get better distance because the ball is right for me.

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/intech-golf-fuzz-wicked-ball-dozens.html

Last edited:
Titleist Velocity or Nike Distance are the longest balls ive hit.

i know my local driving range has some open mats with launch monitors attached. see if there's anything like that around and bring a few cheap-o's to try out. whichever is the longest/most consistant is your winner.

Last edited:
I recently used the Nike PD Long at a recent scramble. I really like the flight of it off my driver.

I recently used the Nike PD Long at a recent scramble. I really like the flight of it off my driver.

yeah the PD Long is cheap and usually a good ball.

you want to have a ball that you can compress and launch correctly to get the longest drives. I hope you can find a great one and win the long drive competition!

If you have a course in your area selling old found balls for $.50 to $1.00 each just ramble through the bucket picking out the distance balls and get out and see, you can then buy a box of them for your scrambles.

Try the TM TP Black if you can still get any where you live.

Long is different for every golfer. You three should decide on a sleeve, buy it and have at it. Longest drive wins.

Last edited:
I've heard good things about the Slazenger.

Back