Longest Par 3 you've played?

Hole 7 at Industry Hills GC (Babe Zaharias Course), 300 yards from the tips: http://www.ihgolfclub.com/course-practice/zaharias-course

I was looking at that course link. And BTW looks real nice :)
But from the blacks is 68 hundred and change. Not real long but pretty good. Yet it has this 300 yrdP3 but then #9 is a 315yrd P4. Just makes no sense in all practicality. A mismatch screw up if you ask me for a 6800 yrd course. Certainly playable from the black for many amateurs (although I'd play the blue at 6500) but playable none the less and yet what is the purpose of this 300yrd par3. Just silliness imo.

I play several around here that are 220-230 from the tips and lets me pull out the long iron which I actually like.

252yds so far. Not a forced carry involved and one bunker on the right so a pretty straight forward hole distance aside.

Longest par 3 I've ever played was the #6 hole at the Schoolmaster course at The Shoals in Alabama. It's 231 yards from the purple tees that we played that day. Wind was blowing right into our face and I hit driver. The ball landed on the green but went over of course.

220 at my home course. It's a windy course and in the middle of the day, with a nasty wind it's not unusual that people need to pull their drivers for this.

Longest Par 3 I've played was 227 this past spring at Kingwood CC. Jank was with me and that was on heck of a hole.

235 yards, 215 of it carry to a "rolling" green. Last time I played it, about 5 years ago, I choked up a bit on my driver and ended up on the left side of the green and 3-putted for bogey.

Not sure if it is the longest yardage wise but I play one that says 183 but has a serious up hill that adds at least 2 clubs maybe more depending on how your are swinging that day. There is also trees right and left and behind if you take too much club. Very tricky hole and I have only birdied it once and have played there a ton.

Babe course 7th hole Industry Hills Resort
300 yard from the back to the middle of the green. Usually a 6i irons to the middle of the green for me. Oh! I forgot 6i lay up and pitch to the green. It's a long and pretty narrow hole, driver is a no go:). I usually play from the white but I could not resist trying.

babe07.jpgbabe-hole-07lg.jpg

Babe course 7th hole Industry Hills Resort
300 yard from the back to the middle of the green. Usually a 6i irons to the middle of the green for me. Oh! I forgot 6i lay up and pitch to the green. It's a long and pretty narrow hole, driver is a no go:). I usually play from the white but I could not resist trying.

View attachment 15929View attachment 15930

That's the longest par 3 I've played too. It was a THP get together a few years back. I remember parring it, but be we played from the whites. I still thinks it's like 230 from there.

wow that's a long par 3, didnt know they made them that long

236 from the back tee at close house who sponsors lee Westwood! Slightly up hill!! If the wind is blowing could be driver!

Stroke index one at bambrough! 180 yards huge uphill like silly uphill is always 3 wood or driver!

That's the longest par 3 I've played too. It was a THP get together a few years back. I remember parring it, but be we played from the whites. I still thinks it's like 230 from there.

Yeah, it's a fun course. I take the Babe over the Ike course any day.

Eh, what's so hard about long par 3's? Bandon Trails, today, 3w from 235 to 6' and sank the birdie putt.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408314197.567723.jpg
(Okay, it was a second try for fun and I got a lucky roll forward;) )

246 at my home course

My home course has 3 over 200 yards. 236, 225 and 214. That's about 10% of the total yardage. And I like them better than the shortest one, which is 160. :D

253 yards at Circling Raven in Idaho. Down hill but no miss areas. I don't remember what I hit but never found the ball.

243 at Sunridge Canyon in Arizona and it played up hill! Don't remember what I hit off the tee but did make par with a nice up and down from hole high just off the green right.

Our longest at the home course can be up to 225 and is fronted by a huge bunker.

240 at weeks park, the new home course... Some days it's a driver, some days a 3 wood, every day it's hard.

*edit* That's from the regular mens tee. I don't wanna know what it is from the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My home track has a 225 back tee on the 17th hole that is uphill and can be wind influenced. Thankfully it's not usually in play and the blues are at 145-160 normally.

Longest I play regularly is the 8th hole. 200-205 downhill with trouble left. Usually a 5i or hybrid depending on the flag and how I'm swinging.

Nearby executive course has several 230+ par 3's that are fun. Usually try a 5wood and hope for a decent bounce.

I play one course that's relatively short so I always play the tips (I think it might be a hair over 6000 from the back) but it has a par 3 that's 215 from back there. I've hit the green once and I swear it was pure luck lol. Normally on that hole I try to use too little of a club and swing out of my shoes for the directional control but I tend to always come up 10 yards short of the fringe.

One of the local muni's has a 236 yarder. This past w/e, it was playing 230. Very slightly downhill. There is usally a prevailing south wind behind you. Bunker on the left and a bunker on the front right. Pretty good hole.

Longest Par 3 that I can think of off the top of my head, that I have played, is #17 at Colbert Hill in Manhattan, KS. From the Pro Tees (what they call them) it plays out to 237 yards. Plus that hole faces South East so it's USUALLY playing INTO the pretty decent wind.

Back