Longest round of Golf

threeboysdad

Reaction score
Handicap
Old age
Well yesterday I played in a scramble tournament for a fundraiser. It was at a little country club in a small town and it only had nine holes. Not sure how many teams there were but at each hole two groups would tee off together. Most groups had five in the and a few had six. We had five in ours and the other had six so we had 11 tee off at everyhole until the last few when it really did not matter because one guy in our group and one in their's could just bomb it an put it in the fairway. When we finished it had taken 8, yes 8 hours to finish and we were the first two groups to post a score. We posted the better score of the two and we sat and watched more come in and we stayed in the lead for the next thirty minutes when another group posted the same score. The last group to come in, had three groups/15 players in it. Well 1 hour and 15 minutes after we were done they finally came in and we and the other group had the best scores and we won in a scorecard playoff. We won $400 each so the ride home was not so bad:D

That's incredibly long. 8 hours would take forever, but there's nobody to blame except for the guys who set up the scramble I guess. At least you weren't held up by slow players.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

thats a longg time.. as long as you guys won some money its all good.. congrats!

Way too long. Glad you got something out of it. But dude 8 hours is way too long haha

WOW. Longest I've ever played was 5:30. That was in a junior tournament with two snobby kids who thought they were soooooooo good. I about killed them both. Unfortunately, I only actually beat one of them.....lol

Almost the exact thing happened to me this year. Small town 9 hole club and a scramble full to the gills. Over 8 hours, but we didn't win squat, lol. That was my longest round, but the THP outing is always my longest day of golf, hehe. Driving range, round of golf, 19th hole, dinner and then just being with everyone after the festivities is all about golf with everything else on top. Simply can't beat it.

That is un-real long, even for a scramble. Makes me wonder about those that put on the event.

wow... you beat my longest round by 2 hrs easy
i couldnt do it cuz i lose focus or interest after about 4 hrs

Congrats on the win! that 8 hours would have killed me

wow... you beat my longest round by 2 hrs easy
i couldnt do it cuz i lose focus or interest after about 4 hrs

Thats what killed us, well that and the alcohol, lol. After waiting on every tee box, we found the beer cart girl and had at it. By the end we weren't ready to go home, haha. They had trains that would go by on a track pretty close to a couple holes and we would take junk balls out and bet on who could land a ball in a coal car first, lol. At least I won something.

no way the wife would let me out of the house for that long for golf. $400 makes it nice though congrats.

You're a better man than I, I would have been gone after 3.

This sounds like an event that JB would really enjoy.

I have played a few scrambles that have been in the 6 hour range, and I could never imagine adding another two hours. I would have needed my wife to pick me up for sure. I am playing in a scramble tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for a 5 hour deal.

Wow and I thought I was a patient man. Certainly can't do 8 hours unless it's for 36 holes. A few weeks ago I got off work early and went to play 9 holes. The course doesn't allow people to go solo so I joined a twosome of a father and his daughter who was 10. The daughter was hitting nothing but a kid's 7-iron and a putter, and not getting much distance with her shots. It took 2 hours and 45 mins for 9 holes. I didn't really mind though, I just wanted to relax that afternoon, but I totally lost my rhythm having to wait a long time between shots.

Congrats on the win and being able to stay focused for that long. I would have started to get bored after about 5 or so.

That is to be expected allowing to 5-somes and even a 6-some or two. Scrambles are typically long anyway. There is a reason 4-somes are the norm at courses. 2 years ago at our annual golf trip, 6 of us decided to head out and get an extra 9 in late in the afternoon. Ranger said play as a 6-some if you'd like, just let anyone coming up on you through. 3.5 hours later we were done. Just too much waiting for the next person in line to hit. NOT GOOD, and we laugh about it even today. Hey, let's play as a 6-some!!!!

I would have been pissed (minus the $400). That is just bad planning by the tournament director..8 hours is ludacris. 5 1/2 is pushing it.

wow.....8hrs!!!!

i think the longest round i had was this year in the gents open,4 and a half hours.it was so long.the guys ahead never let us through and one of them actually came into where we put the scorecards and apologised.he told us that one of the guys said "f*%k them they can wait".........unbelievable!!!

Hey, thats well worth $400....I would have been HAMMERED!!

I played in a tournament once where you had a mulligan on every shot, every putt, everything. It took forever, over 6 hours if I remember right, I vowed never to do it again. Some guys shot scores in the 50s though, it was ridiculous.

Thats what killed us, well that and the alcohol, lol. After waiting on every tee box, we found the beer cart girl and had at it. By the end we weren't ready to go home, haha. They had trains that would go by on a track pretty close to a couple holes and we would take junk balls out and bet on who could land a ball in a coal car first, lol. At least I won something.
i play a few courses where trains pass a few holes... now i have to try the coal car girs lol

I was pleasantly surprised with an awesome 2.75 hr 18 hole round yesterday. Played through 2 groups. It was sweet.

Back