Longest trip for golf

donny475

I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
just like it says, whats the furthest you have gone for a round of golf. Not getting in a round on vacation, but how far have you gone where golf was the whole reason for the trip?

for me 1150 miles, i drove to Orlando area a few years ago to meet some guys for 4 days of golf in and around the Orlando Area

Probably OKC-Phoenix for the 2018 THP Championship.

just like it says, whats the furthest you have gone for a round of golf. Not getting in a round on vacation, but how far have you gone where golf was the whole reason for the trip?

Just outside Jacksonville FL...

Think Nashville for the Seemore event, was golf specific. I specifically plan to play golf on trips, but is not the only reason for travel.

As of right now it is to Atlanta (about a 7 hour drive). Next year it will be a cross country flight to Bandon, OR.

Few years ago did just over 3000 miles for a golf trip that went on in the mid west.

Drove a little over 6 hours each way a couple of weeks ago to play Chambers Bay.

three hours.... will to extend it to 3.5 if @Canadan is free! haha

Annual trip to FL is 2400 km each way. Usually drive down and fly back.

I’ve driven from the Chicago area to Myrtle Beach 3 or 4 times in the last 40 years, almost 1000 miles each way.

10 hour drive from Eastern PA to Ocean Isle Beach, NC. Made that journey from Kansas City too, but took a flight for that trip.

KC to Manhatten (KS) at Colbert Hills

Last edited:
Gilbert, AZ to Barona Golf Club outside of San Diego for a practice round. Left at 5am and ate lunch at club then teed off. 341 miles

The desert of California to play 4 rounds of golf in a tournament. Flew from NY to LA and then drove from LA to Mission Hills resort.

Well, before this current situation, it would have been about 5,000 miles to Utah. I've been to a number of golf holidays with my pals around Europe, does that count? If so then about 2,800 miles to Turkey. If just for one single game of golf then I would say around 400 miles to meet my old man at Forest Pines down in Lincolnshire.

Cabo to Mt. Mitchell, NC

Just outside Jacksonville FL...

Is that further than Alabama? I am not good at geography but Alabama sounds further at least.

Madison to Bandon

Or Madison to Hawaii if it counts - the sole purpose of this trip was golf for me (work trip for my wife :cool:)

Norfolk to my first liberty port in Haifa Israel during a Med cruise. 5,895 miles.

The Captain on my ship insisted that we play the Caesarea Golf Club just outside of Haifa when we hit port 17 days after leaving Norfolk.

True to his word....... we teed off on the 17th day after he did all the CO formalities that are required with the locals.

What a beautiful course.

I got to play it a couple other times when I was on another ship.

caesarea_57686f8d-23c6-446b-bb28-e71891751703.jpg

The longest for me specifically for golf would just be Georgetown to San Antonio. Now I've taken my clubs along with me on a vacation or trip and have played but those would have happened either way. I need to travel more for golf apparently.

Yep, if you go somewhere and stay for more than just the day instead of coming back home after the round, then it becomes a vacation.
I have been retired for thirty years so I don' go on vacations. I go on golf trips with a stay and play plan at different courses. I don't go on vacations since I have been on one for thirty years. There is no alternative reasons, we go to play golf.

Reactions: Ooo
Back