Longest trip for golf

I have driven at night from Albany to Bethpage for a morning tee time on the Black Course. That was back before the State allowed you to reserve tee times. Ended up sleeping in the car before teeing off.

Wilmywood to Chicago, IL

I hit golf balls in the middle east, does that count?

Longest drive for a single round of golf was a little over 3 hours each way. A good friend who I feared I might lose to cancer asked if I'd partner up with him in a 2 man tournament. I had to be back home for another event the next day. Happy to say he's recovered nicely. I've driven much further for long golf weekends.

6hrs, one way...

California to Franklin, TN.

The SeeMore event. My second THP outing. :D

Best golf trip I’ve ever taken to date: Seattle, WA to play Sahalee & Chambers Bay. On to Portland to play both courses at Pumpkin Ridge. Finally to Bandon Dunes to play all 4 courses. Best part, got to do it w/ 3 THP’ers at the time & will never forget it.

f7655cee08111246f468cb6cc1054a8f.jpg

Best golf trip I’ve ever taken to date: Seattle, WA to play Sahalee & Chambers Bay. On to Portland to play both courses at Pumpkin Ridge. Finally to Bandon Dunes to play all 4 courses. Best part, got to do it w/ 3 THP’ers at the time & will never forget it.

f7655cee08111246f468cb6cc1054a8f.jpg
That must have been one helluva trip! Gone but never forgotten! :cry:

New Orleans to Coeur D'Alene, ID.

The return leg was quite the 21-hr, delay-enhanced ordeal.

New Zealand with my son. Drive CT to Philly...Fly Philly to LA...Fly LA to Auckland....36 hours from start to finish....A couple long layovers....

I really haven't ever done a golf only vacation.... as my boys get older, that might be in the cards with them (and if I ever win the Augusta lottery, it definitely will!)

About 2.5 hours to Raleigh, and about an hour and a half for the occasional day trip to Pinehurst.

Just for golf and nothing else? I needed some miles with United to keep my status one year so I flew from SAT to HKG. Played one round of golf, had a meal and came home.

16,841 miles round trip

Years ago drove 13 or so hours to IOWA to play in an Invitational Event. Drive home seemed so much longer.

Back