Looking at Push Carts...

stryper

Reaction score
Handicap
n/a
...any opinion on these two:

I’m going with option 1.

I like option one better. Both are great values.

Also, I’ve never had a push cart before. Is the weight a factor in how easily they push? Does the larger front wheel make much of a difference?

With push carts it is about balance and center of gravity where the bag sits. I prefer the larger front wheel.

With push carts it is about balance and center of gravity where the bag sits. I prefer the larger front wheel.
Good to know, I hadn’t even thought of that.

I have a four wheel cart...in hindsight, I would've gone with a 3 wheel cart with a swivel front wheel...

I have a four wheel cart...in hindsight, I would've gone with a 3 wheel cart with a swivel front wheel...
I was going to ask about that too. Why three and why swivel?

Option 1 (blue wheels) looks a whole lot like the one I was gifted by my wife. I love it. Light, easy to push, well balanced and tons of great features. And it didn’t break the bank.

Would recommend.

I was going to ask about that too. Why three and why swivel?

easier to turn...if i'm trying to turn "hard" with the 4 wheel, I lift up the two front wheels (which may cause "beverage spillage")...not an exhausting effort but it's "there"...i can't attest to the ease of the same turn with a 3 wheel swivel but the concept seems simple enough.

easier to turn...if i'm trying to turn "hard" with the 4 wheel, I lift up the two front wheels (which may cause "beverage spillage")...not an exhausting effort but it's "there"...i can't attest to the ease of the same turn with a 3 wheel swivel but the concept seems simple enough.

I have 4 wheel cart as gift. It’s true they don’t balance well. Also with smaller wheels it’s hard to clean grass residue after the round. Another extra wheel to clean afterwards. I want to get 3 large wheel but since it works and not broken I didn’t buy yet. I don’t play often enough to buy new one yet. As soon as this thing breaks I’m getting 3 wheeler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go with option 1 - simply because it looks more like my clicgear 3.5+ & I love mine.

I have 4 wheel cart as gift. It’s true they don’t balance well. Also with smaller wheels it’s hard to clean grass residue after the round. Another extra wheel to clean afterwards. I want to get 3 large wheel but since it works and not broken I didn’t buy yet. I don’t play often enough to buy new one yet. As soon as this thing breaks I’m getting 3 wheeler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same thought here...probably go with a cliqgear when I do.

Another vote for option 1.

I like option 1 better also. Larger wheels roll better through ditches/uneven terrain.

I'd say option 1, it looks like a stronger cart. But I prefer my Click Gear 3.5

Option 1 looks like the value version of a premier push cart love the storage, bag, mesh, score card holder. Seems most agree that is the best option.

I’d also vote for option 1.

Option 1 looks like the value version of a premier push cart love the storage, bag, mesh, score card holder. Seems most agree that is the best option.

Yeah, I didn’t see anyone go for option 2. Of course I’m learning as I go, so maybe option 1 was never a good idea. So I’ll likely go that route once I know when and if the great state of Illinois will open our courses again.

I would 100% choose Option #1. Better storage, and looks like much more solid construction.

$50 difference in price? I think it is a small price increase for the added benefits.

Now ya tell me. My 4 wheel shipped today. ;)

I’d go option 1.

Option one. I have a Sun Mountain V1 that I added foam pneumatic tires to that works great. If I ever replaced it the new one would be lighter and fold down to be more compact.

In my walking days, we still used pull carts.
I see push carts on the course, but I've never tried one.

The virtual disappearance of pull carts (except as public course rentals at some places) suggest that push carts are more pleasant to use.

Answer the OP's question first, of course, but does everybody who's spanned both eras agree that push carts are better? Why?

Back