Looking for a good cart bag...

Although there are many great bags out there, I like Sun Mountain golf bags. I have owned the Sun Mountain sync golf bag for about four years now and really enjoy it. The Sync, and Phantom are a medium-sized cart bag, not the full size which I sort of despise because you have to carry it back and forth from car.

I use to use a C-130 but have found the Sync to be much lighter on my pushcart and has all the room I need.

I use to use a C-130 but have found the Sync to be much lighter on my pushcart and has all the room I need.
The Sync is a great bag, and I agree, the C-130 is just too big. It's great for storing more stuff if you like to do that sort of thing, but I like to be as thrifty as I can be on the course in terms of size and weight. Sun Mountain bags are well manufactured and sturdy as well.

I just left GG and looked at the bags. By far I liked the Ping best. Didn’t matter all 2 cart bags are very nice.

Just purchased a new C130. Excellent bag.

Another nod to the Sun Mountain Sync. Mines 4-5 years old. Looks great, no real wear. I use a push cart 90+% of the time, and "full sized" cart bags seemed a little too big.

The Sync works fine riding or on a push cart. Some bags have an angled top that is great on a riding cart, but is angled the wrong way on a push cart.

Mine's black. Black is slimming, and I don't want my bag to make my butt look huuuuuuge. :p

Ton of good choices out there.

Really can't go wrong with Ping, Sun Mountain, or Ogio. They usually make some solid bags with the best balance of features. They tend to be a little on the more expensive side compared to OEM bags.M MostOEMs make cart bags. I liked my Cobra utralite. Pretty sure most are solid.

Really, I think you should just take a look at what deals you can find. Set your price and what features you like and find something that meets those. That's how I got my Cobra Utralite. I wanted an inexpensive cart bag and it met the mark.

Ping Traverse/Pioneer and Sun Mountain C130 are usually what's recommended when looking for cart bags.

Sun mountain C-130 is amazing. Don't have one but if I had to go that route that's the one!

Ogio Alpha Convoy.

I just got a Ping Traverse. Its great.

Sun Mountain C-130. Tons of storage room that is very well laid out, full length 14-way dividers, solid well built bag that will last you years.
This would be my answer. They are a bit heavier, but being in a cart it doesn't matter.

This would be my answer. They are a bit heavier, but being in a cart it doesn't matter.
True, but the only issue is lugging them back and forth from your car. They are a fantastic bag though.

True, but the only issue is lugging them back and forth from your car. They are a fantastic bag though.
My little club I am lucky, I can take the cart right to the truck and load up. :)

My little club I am lucky, I can take the cart right to the truck and load up. :)
That's good I was at a private course the other day, I am not a member, but was playing in a tournament there, and I noticed all the members bags stored in the storage house at the course. They just pull their cart up to the door and probably carry it no more than 20 ft and right into the cart. That's a great way to go.

We can take carts up to the parking lot, but I carry mine down in the morning. I just consider it part of my warmup. :LOL: I usually do drive the cart up after the round to unload, though. I certainly wouldn't want to walk an entire round with the C-130 on my shoulder, but carrying it down from a parking lot or whatever is no big deal to me at all. The day I find I can't walk a few hundred yards with a 28 pound bag over my shoulder will be the day I know I need to seriously step up my fitness routine.

Back