Looking for a new netflix series

AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
my wife and i just binged "the ranch" over the last couple of weeks (liked it a lot) and now i am looking for something new to watch. any suggestions?

i love horror and suspense more then anything else (of course the wife doesn't...lol) but comedy is always a good watch

i already binged the witcher and ozarks. i really like ozarks....the witcher was ok

Mindhunter, Bodyguard, Messiah, Umbrella Academy.

i'm looking for something for me and then something i can watch with the wifey

Also "Great News" if you haven't watched it. It's by Tracy Wigfield, who was the show runner on 30 Rock in its final seasons. I've been watching a lot of comedy lately (have to.) So that's really all that's on my mind

For horror, the new Dracula was good. I really enjoyed the first 2 parts and thought the 3rd was just okay.

For suspense, "You" about a serial killer that's somewhat likeable. Your wife would probably enjoy it more than you, but it's good.

Older, but Breaking Bad and The Office are on Netflix.

The Lost in Space reboot is a good family action series.

Action - The Punisher

Last edited:
Also "Great News" if you haven't watched it. It's by Tracy Wigfield, who was the show runner on 30 Rock in its final seasons. I've been watching a lot of comedy lately (have to.) So that's really all that's on my mind
"I've been watching a lot of comedy lately (have to.)" why "have to"?

For horror, the new Dracula was good. I really enjoyed the first 2 parts and thought the 3rd was just okay.

For suspects, "You" about a serial killer that's somewhat likeable. Your wife would probably enjoy it more than you, but it's good.

Older, but Breaking Bad and The Office are on Netflix.

The Lost in Space reboot is a good family action series.

Action - The Punisher
i binged lost in space in 1 day...way too much fast forwarding for me, guess that says how much i liked it.

as for "breaking bad". i always wanted to get into it but when i start it i get bored....can't get passed the first couple of episodes.

Dark is fantastic (S1 at least, I haven't watched S2 yet) if you don't mind sub-titles. There is an English dub, but it kinda sucks. It's way better in native German with sub-titles.

Reign is a drama about the queen of scotland & my wife actually enjoyed it as well as myself.
Criminal minds is a great one also.

my wife and i just binged "the ranch" over the last couple of weeks (liked it a lot) and now i am looking for something new to watch. any suggestions?

i love horror and suspense more then anything else (of course the wife doesn't...lol) but comedy is always a good watch

i already binged the witcher and ozarks. i really like ozarks....the witcher was ok
Badblood, Longmire

If you like horror, the haunting of hill house was amazing. It's a bit scary but my girlfriend loved it and she usually doesn't do well with horror.

One show that I really liked a while back was Altered Carbon. Futuristic Sci-Fi with action and suspense. The 2nd season comes out the end of February.

you guys already gave me enough shows for the rest of the year...thanks...keep the suggestions coming. (y)

drive to survive is fun, new season out in february.

Mind Hunter and You are both pretty solid.

Narcos
Peaky Blinders
Sherlock
Schitt's Creek (for the wife)

Just to name a few.

Narcos
Peaky Blinders
Sherlock
Schitt's Creek (for the wife)

Just to name a few.
Great choices here. Though I did not find Schitt's Creek to be entertaining at all. I gave it 1.5 episodes, and everyone says I need to give it more, but it was rough.

Great choices here. Though I did not find Schitt's Creek to be entertaining at all. I gave it 1.5 episodes, and everyone says I need to give it more, but it was rough.

Its a polarizing show for sure. My wife likes it more than I do, but I still find it amusing. Some characters more than others. I'd give it a few more eps before deciding to give up for sure.

Shameless (US)

Really well done but not for the faint of heart. Lots of swearing, nudity, etc...

Another oldie but goodie is Arrested Development. Really funny show.

Just finished the final season of The Ranch. Agree that mindhunter and narcos, also recently finished Bates Motel. Kevin Hart miniseries was good (caveat you must like Kevin Hart a lot).

Back