Looking for good time

roobs88

Reaction score
Hey all,

New here, just looking to chat about all things golf. I played years ago, then had 3 kids and am just returning and getting into things again. Does anyone have any ideas about how to redevelop lost skills? I felt like I had a good short game but now I feel like I have no feel for distance on chips and pitches at all - some falling well short some flying over the greens..!

Thanks

Roobs

:welcome: and just need to get out and swing the clubs, it should come back to you!

Welcome to THP !

Get out there and get back on the horse. Hit balls, play the game and enjoy!

Welcome to THP!

I don’t think there is any magical,am
Newer, it’s just a matter of getting out there and playing/practicing again.

I'm glad the consensus is just to hit more balls.. that's the plan! :D

Welcome to THP sir! Glad to have you here! As others have said, no magic cure, just get out and keep hitting. Not that anyone in this forum will ever complain about getting to play more golf, I’m assuming that will be a popular answer ;)

Welcome to THP.

Welcome back.
Short game is all about using that bounce on the sole if using a wedge, and practice.
I guess you're still supposed to make a turn and face your target at the end of it or something... ;)

Welcome aboard!

I did have to double check you weren't a sex spam bot based on the title before I ventured in, you do realize?:LOL:
More serious though: a lesson will be so good.

I did have to double check you weren't a sex spam bot based on the title before I ventured in, you do realize?:LOL:
He love golf long time?

More serious though: a lesson will be so good.

Not entirely by accident ;).

I'm looking to get a lesson or two soon. Going to give it a couple of weeks to spend some time just swinging first.

Not entirely by accident ;).

I'm looking to get a lesson or two soon. Going to give it a couple of weeks to spend some time just swinging first.
Yeah, didn't know if it was serious like people were in jeopardy in the short game practice area, or if there was some baseline to fall back into. :LOL:
I like to figure stuff out too. But a lesson if ya get lost always helps. I've never had a short game specific lesson before. That would be interesting.

:welcome:

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

A great place to start with short game is Kevin Kisner's chipping video - he makes it so simple:

Welcome. Hope you find the forum to your liking. You’ve come to the right place to chat about golf.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

A great place to start with short game is Kevin Kisner's chipping video - he makes it so simple:

Awesome thanks I'll give that a watch tonight!

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to THP and welcome back to the game! There’s a great swing tips section here on the forum and the awesome folks from True Motion Golf are super knowledgeable.

Welcome to THP. Repetition works for me.

I was in the same place 6 weeks ago when I started playing again. Getting the feel back for chipping and putting distance was and is the hardest part. I spent a lot of time practicing on my local course’s putting and chipping greens. It will come back. The more time you can put into it, the better you’ll get with feel. Good luck!

I returned to golf about two years ago after not playing for about six years. Got new equipment taking advantage of new tech and my game started coming back. Recently though I've been stuck in what I call the 33% rule. One third of my shots were great , one third mediocre and one third total crap. Yesterday I had a 50% day. I had three birdies and 6 pars but unfortunately they didn't all come on the front nine, I did end up in the low 90's so still having some mishits and looking back mostly rushing or lack of focus. The good part was only two 3 putts.
To quote one of my playing partners yesterday, "I have a complete game, my problem is when I put it all in the bag it's too heavy to carry at 70 years old".
At this point in my life I could be happy playing consistent mid 80's golf.

Welcome to THP!!!

Back