Looking For Some Graphite Shaft Suggestions for A Set Of Wedges

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Have this new custom set of Bettinardi wedges, picked up yesterday at the Hive. Have some great looking custom ferrules to go with them. Now all I need are some suggestions for some graphite shafts to put in the wedges. Lofts on the wedges are 50*, 54*, and 58*. Looking for a shaft weight of around 85g and R flex.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

I have Recoil 80 F3 shafts in my irons, including PW and UW, and Recoil ES Smacwrap 780 F3 in my 54* and 58* wedges. My set wedges are Ping G710s, which I was fitted for, whereas the 54* and 58* are newly acquired New Level M-type wedges, for which the ES Smacwrap shaft was one of the options. BTW F3 is Recoils regular flex. Both weigh in at about 80 gms and work really well for me.

Also...those wedges are REALLY cool looking :cool:.

Those are great looking!

I'm a big Recoil fan so your might look at the Recoil DART, Recoil 80 or 780.

Those are great looking!

I'm a big Recoil fan so your might look at the Recoil DART, Recoil 80 or 780.

I have the Dart shafts in my iron set and really love them. Problem with the Dart shafts is they only go up to 75 grams. Am looking for something around 85 grams.

Have this new custom set of Bettinardi wedges, picked up yesterday at the Hive. Have some great looking custom ferrules to go with them. Now all I need are some suggestions for some graphite shafts to put in the wedges. Lofts on the wedges are 50*, 54*, and 58*. Looking for a shaft weight of around 85g and R flex.

View attachment 9035204

View attachment 9035210

View attachment 9035211

View attachment 9035212

View attachment 9035213
Man those look great!!!!!

I have the Dart shafts in my iron set and really love them. Problem with the Dart shafts is they only go up to 75 grams. Am looking for something around 85 grams.
Yeah, I know. Thought 75 might be close enough. The 780 would be the choice if you want to stay in Recoils.

I can't wait for the heavier DART shafts. I'm in Recoil 110s now but would drop to DART 95s with a quickness.

A little heavier than you're thinking, but I've put Recoil 95s in my last two sets of wedges and couldn't be happier. :drinks:

Project X Catalyst 80's are what are in my wedges and I love them. Not quite 85g but close

Yeah, I know. Thought 75 might be close enough. The 780 would be the choice if you want to stay in Recoils.

I can't wait for the heavier DART shafts. I'm in Recoil 110s now but would drop to DART 95s with a quickness.
Matte black 780's would look absolutely badass with those beauties!

Kinetixx. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Just wondering, is anyone using the XCaliber I8 irons shafts. How do you like them?

Those are some stunning wedges!

Can't wait to see them built up with the ferrules you've shown as well!

Lots of great options for wedge shafts, IMO. I've got a Recoil in my 52º that I'm very happy with, although it's a little heavier than what you're after. So like was mentioned, maybe check out the Dart line? I would also take a peek at a set of Project X Catalyst after playing one for the first time last month.

I have been absolutely delighted by the F4 Recoil 95's in my Cobra Morgan Cup wedges. They have a nice firmness to them and a little snap at the bottom. Good weight too.

Got my reshafted wedges back today and boy do they ever look good. :cool::cool:
Went with a UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES SW 82g F3 shafts.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Accra SP's that are design for wedges and weight 90g. Are outstanding!

If at all possible, I like my driving iron, iron set, and wedge set to have matching shafts...and grips.
The UST Recoil 95, for just one example, is commonly seen in all three categories.

I don't even know if this is technically a good idea. It's just what I like to do.

Back