Looking For Testers: Callaway Epic Super Hybrid

1. essentially the 5wood and 3hybrid
2. adjustable super modern titanium carbon tech club
3. S

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? Would replace either my 3H or my 3W, depending on how this club plays.
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good). I love the idea that this might help fight against the hook tendency (that I have with my existing 3H, but hearing about all the technology in this club makes me think it could perhaps serve in place of my 3w. Side note— my enter bag is Callaway EXCEPT for my 3W, which is another reason i kind of WANT this to replace my 3w
3. What is your shaft flex? Regular Flex

This is something I think is in my wheelhouse I’d love to be a tester. It would replace a 4 wood which is the only club I have between driver and hybrid. Being a golfer slow swing speeds I’m excited to see how this can help all of us slower guys out. I think this one could be a product that revolutionizes the industry. I play a regular shaft. I would love to get to hit this and talk about it every day

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? I would be replacing my 5 or 7 wood.
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? I am looking for the flight of a long iron with the ball speed and trajectory of a hybrid. The technology on the Super Hybrid sounds like it can also really help my game with being able to hit in all different weather conditions and green firmness.
3. What is your shaft flex? Regular

I had difficulty with over drawing my Rogue hybrid. I also found the ball flight was too high. Looking forward to trying this baby.
1. I'd want the 19* to fit my gap between 3 wood and 21* UT
2. No left-bias is awesome. the higher MOI should help with spin.
3. X in 70-80g, S in 80+

1) This would replace an old TaylorMade 3 wood, to start.
2) There's a lot of technology stuffed into one club. Would the cost justify the performance for a high handicapper?
3) My shaft is regular, my score is elevated.

Thank you for this opportunity.

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? 2 hybrid
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? Looking for something in between a fairway wood and my 4 hybrid to fill a gap. The 16 degree super hybrid would be great.
3. What is your shaft flex? Regular

1). This club would replace my current Wilson staff hybrid. It is a trusty club but is worn down after years of a friend having it and now me
2). I would be facinated and completely on board to fully report my findings on the club since I have the Callaway low spin driver and Callaway 3 wood in my bag. I plan on making my bag all Callaway in the future. It was only yesterday I was talking to a mate a about Callaway hybrids. And here we are
3). A stiff flex would be suitable

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 17•
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? I was very anti hybrid for years. I couldn’t seem to find one I hit consistently. My current hybrid I picked up off a friend that upgraded. I tried Callaways new epic driver and fairway woods and was impressed as much as I’m not usually pro Callaway. Average golfer hoping to discover a new option in the hybrid department. Very unbiased Brand selection and feel I can bring a lot of useful feedback.
3. What is your shaft flex? Stiff

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing?: Mavrik Max 3H
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good): The Super Hybrid that can go toe to toe with the with the Epic Speed Fairways...that has my attention. I would love to get that kind of experience out of a hybrid.
3. What is your shaft flex? I'm using a stiff but I think an X would be much better.

Thanks for the chance.

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? Orlimar trimetal fairway woods
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good) I'm intrigued by the jailbreak AI technology and how a club with this technology would enhance my game

1. Currently using a Wilson D300 4 hybrid that I have had for some time.
2. Just got new irons with stronger lofts so I am in need to fill the gap between my 2 iron and 5 iron. Review makes it seem to be a nice club to use not only off the tee for shorter par 4 or tight par 5’s but also great to play out of the fairway.
3. Shaft flex is stiff

1. For me this would likely replace two clubs. I use a Ping G 4 Crossover as my primary tee club, but I'm looking for more distance (I can't currently seem to hit a driver worth a darn). I recently bought a Cleveland Launcher UHX 3 utility to try to find that distance, but I can't get it launch with any height. This would likely make me give up on that experiment.

2. Ball speed and launch are my main attractions to this club. I need something that will get the ball in the air and down the fairway better than what I'm using now.

3. I play a stiff flex.

Any time I think about this hybrid, I just think beast mode for some reason.

At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

View attachment 9022920

Criteria
You must be able to check in on the forum thread daily (or close to it) to discuss usage and answer questions.
You will be reviewing this for a period of 90 days (then it is yours to keep).
This one is open to all THP Forum Members and we are looking for FIVE testers to join @Jman in this review.

How to Signup
Comment below and answer these 3 questions.
1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing?
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good)
3. What is your shaft flex?

Then sit back and in a few days we will announce a some THPers that will be reviewing this on the forum. Remember this is not just a contest, but a willingness to help provide honest feedback on the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid so that those looking for facts can be informed.

Looking forward to seeing who joins in on this really unique hybrid testing.

Hi All,

Based on the preview and forum, I think this replaces a 4 or 5 wood for me depending on the course.

I want to try this because I’m really interested in all the tech thrown in, like the jailbreak bars and other materials. I love titanium woods, so I want to see what it can do in a smaller body of a hybrid. Could be a game changer for folks. I’m also really curious about the shaft, never played steelfiber before but very interested.

I’d go regular flex, my SS is in that range where I can go regular or stiff, but I typically don’t like the feel of stiffer shafts.

Thank You and good luck to all!

This club definitely sounds interesting, and would be a neat add to the bag.

1. This would be filling in the gap between my Callaway Epic Max driver and an old (new to me) Callaway Epic 3 Hybrid
2. I hit my hybrid really well, and the driver can sometimes get very unruly, so this sounds like a club that would be easy to hit and get some added distance when skipping the driver
3. Stiff

Would love to test!

1. What hybrid or utility or fairway would this be replacing? Callaway Mavrik Pro 2 Hybrid 18 degree
2. Read our preview here and tell us what makes you want to test them? (seriously read it, its good) - I love all the technology that was highlighted, sounds like they really threw everything at this one. Like that they highlighted the reduced hook potential. I'm intrigued by the size of the head (if it will help or hurt)

The course I play requires a lot of 230-250yd shots for placement. Would love to see how this compares to the current 2 hybrid. Have heard great things about the improvement between the Mavrik and the new Epic line.

This would be dope!
1- I would be replacing my older Callaway XR series hybrid.

2-i have the epic flash driver with the AI face and jail break technology but have yet to experience that in my 3wood and hybrids. I'm more intrigued with that feel, forgiveness, and "pop" that the newer models can offer during daily play and tournaments. How much further would this allow me to carry the ball in tight spots.

3- I am an x-stiff flex
Callaway 🤞🤞🤞💯

Ive been contemplating a club in the 150-170 range which for me could be a 3, 4 or 5 Hybrid, or maybe a 7 wood... If Im chosen, I would want to test a 4 Hybrid to see where it fell against my 3H and 5H (both wilson staff D series)

The most intriguing thing to me is the 2 different head shapes. Lower lofts are shaped more like a fairway wood and I absolutely love my 5 wood and can hit it consistently well, vs my 5H which is hit or miss.

My shaft flex is regular

1.) I use right now the Callaway big Bertha id like to see how callaway has changed and improved in the past years.
2.) The new added spin will definitely feel amazing and love carbon crowns
3.)stiff

1. Would either replace my Callaway Rogue 3 wood with 16* or add 3H (18*)
2. Much more versatility than 3 wood and easier off the deck, I suspect. Like the head shape and anti-left design with more forgiveness.
3. Regular

Thanks for the opportunity to test this new weapon!

Last edited:
1. This hybrid would replace my XR Callaway 3 hydrid.
2. Wow. This was some read. With all that Callaway is putting into this club it just might fill the major gap I have in that part of my bag. I would love to experience this technology and share my experiences with other THPERS.
3.Recoil ES 460/F3

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1. Replacing my Callaway Steelhead Hybrid.
2. To really see how the club feels and works with my game. To also, see what distance I can get out of the club.
3. Flex

I’d be replacing Taylormade M2 hybrids or woods. Currently have a 3 wood, and 3, 4, and 5 hybrids. I’d consider putting the super hybrid head to head with any of these for a battle of the hybrids.

I currently hit an epic gbb driver with jailbreak technology and have a more consistent ball flight and farther distance with this club than any other driver I’ve hit, so I’m definitely a believer in the jailbreak design. Add in a few more years of technology to help design a superior club, and I’d be intrigued to see how much better/further I can hit a different model hybrid. Currently my 4 hybrid is the most consistent and best striking club I play with.

I currently use a tour stiff flex with my hybrids and have those paired with midsized grips.

1. I would be replacing my RBZ Taylorade 22Degree 4Hybrid

2. Big fan about literally every major technical design feature that is in play here, in a hybrid. The body remains titanium which is what allows so much to be packed into this one, the material offers strength and stiffness at the lowest possible weight, a key with this kind of speed potential. The face is also titanium with all the A.I. design optimization which Callaway is leads the industry.

3. Stiff Shaft

Back