ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers: Callaway JAWS Raw Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing. Who is ready to test the Callaway JAWS Raw wedges?

Callaway-JAWS-Raw-Wedges-1.jpeg

Callaway JAWS Raw Wedges

Last month Callaway released the JAWS Raw wedges in multiple finishes and they are hitting stores...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah THP testing!!! Nothing better!!!

THP coming in hot this morning.

Good luck to all.

THP coming in hot this morning.

Good luck to all.
It's bait to try and take the focus away from the upcoming shoulder tap. It's not working though;)

Sweet.

50*
Black Plasma
W grind

In search of a consistent gap wedge, full shots and more bump and run around green. some experience with the w grind from the original jaws.

Yes, I will be here.

• Admin
It's bait to try and take the focus away from the upcoming shoulder tap. It's not working though;)
Its definitely not. We love getting equipment reviews from THPers and what better way than to put the brand new Callaway wedges in the hands of golfers and have them supply direct feedback.

THP bringing in heat - thanks for the opportunity to test.

I would go with 56* W grind for max forgiveness. It would give me a good versatile wedge for both the short game situations and green side. Looking on their website, I don't know if black full toe is a valid option but if not the black plasma.

Oh my. They look sweet. Not entering as they would be wasted on me but best of luck to anyone who enters.

So great to see! Can’t wait to hear the reports on the Z grind if those get chosen.

If I was fortunate enough to be selected, I would choose the following wedge

54°
S Grind
Raw Chrome

I have never been a big fan of the raw look, but maybe this wedge could be the one to change my mind, and as I will likely be looking to replace my existing wedges, this could be the one that sways me away from the Cleveland wedges to Callaway ones. My current RTX4 54° wedge is the most used club of the 3 wedges in my bag, so I would hope that I can give some good feedback on how it compares with the Jaws Raw

This is an awesome opportunity. Good luck to everyone!

Great opportunity!

If selected I’d go with 52° Black plasma in the new Z grind. I’m on THP daily and would love to give feedback on the first Callaway club I’ve used.

I would like to try the QPQ Raw Black Plasma finish in 56 deg Z grind, I tend to be a digger and lately have been not so good with the short shots,
I believe the tri grind would help me in those shots where i may need more loft but still a little steep in the swing

60 degree
Black plasma
z grind
Thanks as always for the opportunity!

Thanks for the opportunity!

I'd love to test a 54*, S-Grind in the Chrome finish. I need to get better on my approaches, and some improved spin would help me be more aggressive in that regard. The enhanced forgiveness the design offers would be beneficial as well!

I would be available to review and answer questions daily.

Amazing opportunity! I would love to test the new Black 58° in a Z grind and see how it compares to the MD5 and Full Toe. The C grind seemed to dig on everything, which isn’t ideal for a steep swing, but I’ve heard the new leading edge prevents that from happening. The low bounce would be ideal for the dry parts of the season and for some harder bunkers.

I'd love to try these wedges, thanks THP for the great opportunity as usual! It's been a minute since I gamed a Callaway wedge, so I think it's time we changed that!

1) I'd like to try the 54* in the S-Grind. 54* is my most used wedge, so that feels like the best opportunity for feedback. It's also the wedge loft I use in the sand, and I want to provide direct feedback on the sand performance. (I'll probably buy a Z-Grind 60* too if I'm selected though, let's be honest, just for completeness' sake :D)
2) Certainly can check in at least daily (most likely more) and provide feedback and responses, although I certainly won't be able to hit the wedge every day.

Since I have the JAWS Full Toe Raw in my 54* and 60* already it's an easy option for me. I'd love to A) have a matching set of wedges and B) see if the 50* would become what my 54* is right now, just as offering a lower flight option.
50 degree
Black plasma
S grind

56 degree C Grind Full Toe Raw sounds perfect in the chrome finish.

Certainly can check in daily for reviews and answering questions.

Thank you for the chance!

Awesome. I play Callaway balls, but have never had a Callaway club. Would love to test them out. I'm on THP every day.

I'd go 54° Black Plasma with a W-grind.

Why?
"our widest sole for players who need the most help and forgiveness" Yeah, that's me. I lose way too many strokes around the green.

And black is sexy.

Chrome raw face. 50° W grind!

That spot in my bag gets used the most. For shots around 100, that shallow swing 50° allows me to control flight and spin. The wide sole keeps me from digging and makes that shot somewhat easy. The chrome finish would show the raw face better than the black.

I hang out on THP and am available daily.

Black 52° W Grind. Haven’t been getting along with my TM 52° so I’d like to try something new especially since I’ve started using my 52 for a bunch of different shots this season

This looks like fun!
54°
S Grind
Black Plasma

Never had a RAW wedge in my bag and this would be a great opportunity to give one a try.

Back