ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers: Callaway JAWS Raw Wedges

54 10S - Website states "best for players who prefer a square face." This is me. Chrome because I think the rust over time looks better with chrome.

Yes I am able to review.

Newbie here on the THP forum, but I'll throw my hat in anyway. Been following THP on twitter and saw this opportunity.

Club - 50 degree S grind.

Why - I'm particularly interested in testing the new wedges because my current wedge is not working out as well as I'd like. I have a 50 degree Jaws MD5 S grind, sometimes I hit it really well, but I blade it or duff it way more than I should. So why wouldn't I go with the W grind for maximum forgiveness? Well, honestly I should. But if you are looking for new product testing, wouldn't it be nice to do a comparison of Callaway's "old" technology versus their new lineup? I am personally interested in seeing if there are any improvements, seeing if it is worth spending the extra $50 on the new lineup. I also have a home simulator that I am finishing up installing this weekend and would love to mess around with both of them to see how they compare.

Will I be on the forum - well, I am a newbie here so you'll have to take my word for it. I work from home and am on the computer pretty much all day. I'm always looking around on YouTube or twitter. I also take breaks throughout the day and often times you'll find me chipping in my living room onto the couch, or putting. With the home sim going in, I'll be able to walk my happy a$$ down to the basement, hit a few shots, report my findings etc etc.

Totally understand if not selected for this one - will look forward to future opps as well!!
Welcome to THP!

58˚ Z grind in Black Plasma. I have a long love affair with Callaway wedges, but have never found that lower bounce option that really let me do everything I want to do. The Z grind seems like a great option for folks who generally shy away from the lower bounce options for fear of digging, etc. I'm sure these things will eat golf ball covers. I'm also very interested to see how it compares to my current SMS wedges, which are my first departure from Callaway wedges in 5+ years.

I'm able to review as I play/practice regularly and am on this site most every day.

Would love to try black 60 with X grind. I bought a Jaws MD5 several months ago and would like to compare the difference between my current S grind.

Hi there. 1st time poster and new user! Thanks for letting me play. I would say 58 or 60 and the bronze finish is just sexy. I would happily review and input. Thanks for opportunity.

Love that we there is a THP testing for these.

I really want to test the chrome 60° With the Z grind. I play a 4° bounce 60 degree wedge now and previously the C grind wedges. I would love to put this grind to the test in our desert conditions.

Yes play several times a week and am on THP daily.

As stated, I‘d go S grind to give a full compare to current gamer but hope one of the winners ends up with the Z grind. I’m intrigued with how that front bevel works as I tend to enjoy lower bounce wedges but fear the dig.

58 Z in black. I like raw wedges and I know the Callaway will spin nicely. The new grind is intriguing

Great contest, I would like a 58 degree black plasma I really like the looks of new Callaway jaws wedges. I will be able to post daily and answer questions.

Jaws Raw Black Plasma Wedge
58* Z Grind

i have a 54 Callaway jaws wedge and they are great. i would love to round out the set with a lob wedge/sand wedge

I’ve been playing a lot more since I got fitted and wedges are next up on my list.

My go-to is my 56*. I’d want to play the 56* S-grind 10 degree bounce in black plasma.

Hi there. 1st time poster and new user! Thanks for letting me play. I would say 58 or 60 and the bronze finish is just sexy. I would happily review and input. Thanks for opportunity.
Welcome to THP! Finishes are only Black Plasma (RH only) and Chrome for the new Jaws Raw wedges!

Good luck everyone!

Sadly my course/practice time would just not allow me to give a level of feedback that I would want to give. Sittin this one out!

I’ve heard these are the best wedges ever.
I would love to test
60° Z Chrome. Play twice a week and swing every day. Would be able to review multiple times weekly.

56* Z grind - Black finish
I believe the tri grind would help me with a variety of shots around the green, not just in the sand. (y) Plus the black finish is cool!

Right handed 54 S grind chrome with a graphite shaft, if possible. Would be a good comparison to my current Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54 10 degree.

Last edited:
54*12 W (RH) in Chrome - I consider a good wedge player around greens, but I'd love to improve consistency around 100 yds and this wedge might help me.

Yes, I live by a golf course that allows me to play whenever.

Awesome opportunity!!

I’d go with 52* W Grind in Black Plasma finish.

Why? Cobra MiM 52* is needings ome competition to stay in the bag.

Can absolutely provide feedback on it. (y)

Last edited:
What an awesome opportunity!! I hope you guys can give a female a chance to review a club. I would choose the following if chosen:

54°
S Grind
Raw Chrome 💕

I love chrome!!! I haven't replaced any of my old clubs so this would be the perfect opportunity. We have a work golf tournament coming up in September and would love to show it off. Thank you

One of the benifits of callaway wedges is opening up the face is so easy and easy to trust as you don’t have the leading edge about a cm off the ground. The back finish in the 52,56 and 60 would look really nice with the x grind on the 56 and 60 with that extra confidence of opening the face and the s grind on the 52.

Lots of new members joining up today! If you don't end up getting to be a tester, hope you guys and gals stick around since there is always a ton going on here and an opportunity to test or go to an experience what seems like every week!

I’d love to test a 58 X grind in chrome.

The X seems like a great all around, versatile grind in the lob spot.

Wow this is such a cool opportunity! I’m a fairly new member to the forum, long time lurker, occasional poster….love what you all have built and do here.

If selected I would choose the 58 degree Black plasma in the Z grind. Currently play Black RTX Zipcores at 52 (bent to 51), 56 (bent to 55), and 60. These wedges by Callaway look . Have never played a Callaway wedge before, have heard nothing but great things though.

I can offer reviews and post daily. Hopping on the forums since I’ve found this site has been a habit I can’t and don’t want to quit. I can’t get enough of all the equipment reviews and golf talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54* S grind in black plasma. 54* is my workhorse wedge and it would get the most use, so best option for me to test it out. I've always gone with a chrome finish, so it would be nice to try a black finish. I'm on the forum daily so no problem checking in to review/answer questions.

Back