Looking For Testers: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

Yesterday we had all of the details on the new Cleveland RTX ZipCore wedges and judging by the huge conversation, the interest is high! We want to have some members of the THP Forum join us in the testing of this new and exciting product.

Untitled-5-1024x692.jpg

Each participant chosen will receive a brand new wedge in the loft of their choosing. Your job will be to review...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have any lefties available, I'd volunteer.:) Love to see if more forgiving than my
Vokey SM 7's. A 52 is what I play, also play a 58 lob.

Do we sign up in this thread?
If so:

What wedges are you currently playing?
Set Wedges (Cobra T-Rail) in PW, GW and SW
Cleveland CBX 60*
Callaway Sure Out 64*

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore?
One word: UltiZip.
Per the Cleveland site they’re our sharpest yet, so they cut through grass more effectively. They’re also our deepest, which channels debris more efficiently. Plus, they’re packed tightly, so we’ve added 2 extra grooves per wedge face for more edge contact on every shot.

Right now I am struggling with spin as my course has firmed up and keep wondering if trying another wedge would help add some spin to my shots.

Also, based on my wedge setup, one can see that I pretty much have as much help as possible when it comes to my wedge setup.
Now that I have improved my game I feel like the next step to achieve lower scores is to add more versatility in my wedge game.
I think the RTX ZipCore could help with that.

What loft would you like?
60*

• Admin
I would love to test these out and give my thoughts

Currently playing Nike VR Pro Wedges with the x3x grooves in 52, 56 and 60*

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like?
I am very excited about the durability of the grooves and the claim of more spin and control.
I would love to try a 52* and directly compare it against my current one. This is the loft I class as my GW
If I am 100% honest my wedge play needs improvement and these wedges may be just the ticket

Thanks to both THP and Cleveland for the opportunity

Last edited:
Taylor made hi toe
50, 56 and Hi toe 60

These look absolutely superb

Good luck to all that enter!

I cannot wait to hear feedback on these. Good luck guys!!

I’m already a Cleveland fan and play the RTX4 wedges in 56 and 60. I’d love the opportunity to test the new wedge and give feedback. I am a daily forum poster and I enjoy doing reviews. New improved equipment is exciting enough, but it’s the new grooves I’m really excited about.

What wedges are you currently playing? Cleveland RTX 3 Black 50, 54, 58 degree
What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like? I am most exited
About the higher level of forgiveness offered through tbt zipcore technology and the added bite on the new grooves. Looks like a total package wedge to me from tour caliber to every day amateur. Would love to test a 58 degree.

I’m playing the Mack daddy 52 and 60. Would love to try the 56 as I will use it and give a honest review.

Currently I'm playing Taylor Made Milled Grind Hi Toe in 50/54/60.

Having play every version of RTX in the past what gets me excited is the Cleveland name on the wedge. They are above and beyond my favorite wedge company.

I'd prefer a 58 or 60 degree, but would honestly love to test anything.

Thanks Cleveland and THP for the opportunity!!

Currently I’m playing with Nike engage wedges in a 52 square grind and a 56 toe sweep. I think testing an extremely new wedge versus a slightly older wedge will show not only the difference in technology but also prove that there might not be such a huge difference between brand new grooves and grooves that are old but are well maintained. I would prefer to test the wedges in 52 56 to keep the test as fair as possible and show if you need new wedges all the time or if you can maintain your clubs well enough you can keep them for a long time.

Theses are going to be very popular here and appreciate the opportunity to try them.

currently have the Bridgestone XW-1s (51/56/60) in the bag with Modus 105

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like?
the hype is real with these clubs, not only with RTX new improved technology in an old fashioned/familiar shape. The improved grooves that are deeper and technology advanced over prior generations, but most intrigued by the ability to add more weight in the hosel and the impact on performance. I would love to try the 56* as it allows for the most versatility

Long time Cleveland wedge player with CG14, CG15, RTX-3s great things happening at Srixon Cleveland.

Last edited:
I would love to try a 60 degree. I’ve been playing 2-3 times a week and it’s been my most abused wedge over the last two months. They claim superior durability well no one is harder on a wedge then this guy right here. My current wedges are a taylormade 56 about 4 years old, a titilest vokey 58 1 year old and a Calloway 58 also about 4 year

Thanks for providing this opportunity!

I'm currently playing Cleveland RTX-3 CB 50*; Cleveland RTX-3 MB 54*; Taylormade RAC 58*

The one thing that gets me the most excited is the ZipCore, and how they moved weight around to improve balance and raise the MOI. I'd love to give feedback and speak to Cleveland's idea that these are radically new and ultra-familiar. Blending new tech with classic Cleveland wedges.

I'd like to try out a 58* Mid.

Last edited:
Awesome opportunity here! Good luck boys!

What wedges do I currently play?

I currently bag a 54 and 60 degree Cleveland CBX wedges. I do enjoy them and wedges are my favorite part of my game and I feel confident when hitting any wedge.

What gets me the most excited?

I love the blades sleek look I also really think small profile will help with turf interaction, spin and control compared to my CBX.

What iron would I prefer to test?

52 degree

I’m currently playing my set Apex CF16 Pro gap 50°, Titleist SM7 54° F grind 14°, TM Hi-Toe 58° 4-way sole 10°. I haven’t played a Cleveland wedge in over 15 years. I considered the RTX 4 line last time I bought wedges as I liked the looks but stayed away after reading some reviews of the wedges having a straighter leading edge. I’m steep and a bit of a digger. I haven’t read anything yet about the leading edge of this new wedge but the tech of the club has me curious. I’d love to test a 54° in a full sole as that’s my go to club around the greens. Thanks for the consideration and opportunity!

Awesome opportunity

what wedges do you currently play?

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 60

What is most exciting about ZipCore?

Actually the zipcore. Interested to see how the placement of CG increases consistency in the wedge and weather I will tell the difference.

what loft would you like?

60deg Mid Bounce

Wedges I currently play are callaway rouge irons,what interest me is I would like to see if there is more forgiveness on this set of irons and see if it could also have a factor of playing me tone of play

And the loft I would like to play are 58 degree loft and I’m also a lefty

Long time Cleveland Wedge player who just recently switched to Vokeys.
What's in my bag currently?
Titleist Vokey SM7 58,54,50.
What interests you the most?
I'm super interested in the core and added MOI on the Zipcore. Aside from CNC it's been a while since I remember new wedge tech.

What loft??
58 degree preferably with a high bounce.

Wedges I currently play?
48 and 60 degree Callaway MD3 Milled, 52 degree Callaway Forged, 56 degree Cobra King
Most exciting part about new Zipcore?
Most excited to see how the weight difference affects less then full shots.
What loft would you like?
54 degree

I currently use my PW/AW from my original set of Callaway x22 irons and a 60 degree that I actually won from Cleveland rtx3 year back. I absolutely love the 60 i just havent been able to upgrade the rest of my wedges. If these new wedges are anything like my 60 degree I would finally be able to start dialing in around the green more!! I would love to try a PW in the 48 range or a GW in the 51-53!! Thanks for the opportunity!!

Back