Looking For Testers: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges?

Wow! What a cool opportunity for some lucky THPers! This wedge sounds so intriguing. Really looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks about these. Especially if anyone is brave enough to go with a 62. Could be like velcro around the greens!

Currently playing Titleist SM7 48,52,56,60. Would love to see durability of the 60 as I can go through wedges very quickly

I’ve been playing Cleveland rtx4s for a about a year now (50 and 54). I’ve found them to be great wedges but they’ve lost some of their spin recently. I would love to get the zipcores and really see it rip. A mid 56 degree would be perfect.

What wedges are you currently playing?
Rotex 2.0 588 (52,56,60)

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like?

I'm excited about the extra grooves and the more control on full shots...would love to test out a 62°

What wedges are you currently playing? Cleveland RTX4
What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like? Heat treatment to extend the shelf life of the wedges, 58 degrees would be great.

Currently playing Vokey SM7 wedges in a 52, 56, 60 setup.

Gotta be the UltiZip grooves that make this thing exciting. I mean, you can't go wrong with more and better grooves. That plus the Cleveland name in general make this an interesting wedge for sure! I would like to test a 56*

Thanks for this opportunity THP

PXG 0211 in PW, GW
TaylorMade MG2 56*
Callaway MD4 60*

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore?

I'm most excited about RTX ZipCore's changes in the club head. I'm extremely curious to see how it effects my ball flight and spin. The two extra groves combined with all of the grooves being sharper, and more aggressive milling should provide more spin. I wold love to be able to test and see if that increased spin is prevalent on those duffed chips and out of thick rough shots. With CG being moved more toe side and higher on the face it should pull my ball flight down. I'm excited to test that out and see see if that will cause my ball flight to change and stay a little lower. I'm provided an opportunity to play 4 times a week, two times being outside, and two times being on a SkyTrak. This will really allow me to delve into the numbers and see how the updated face changes my game.

What loft would you like?
60*

Cheers!

What wedges are you currently playing? Bridgestone xw-1
More grooves, deeper grooves - more spin. 60*

I an currently play a 50, 56, and 60 degree of the RTX 4s. Absolutley fantastic wedges. I have been playing Cleveland wedges for a while now, and while I have tried others such as Nike (when they still made clubs), Titleist, Callaway, and others, I personally feel that Cleveland wedges consistently perform as well or better. Additionally, the price point cannot be beaten. Since I have played the RTX 4 wedges exclusively for the past 2 years, I would be a great fit for testing these new wedges. The lofts I have right now (50, 56, 60) are a great set up for me.

Currently i am playing the hokey SM7 wedges. I love the new look of these wedges. The leading edge looks amazing. As a former college golfer that is the BIGGEST visual thing when i am looking for a wedge.
I would like to try a 56 degree wedges. That way i can use from more spots and give the best review i can.

I play some older Cleveland wedges. Looking to try some new ones. The looks of these wedges have me wanting to try them.

Great opportunity, thanks THP!

Currently playing Hogan Equalizers but have recently grabbed a 54 & 60 RTX4 to try.
The technology under the hood based on reading makes these a must to try, wedge play in my game needs all the help it can get so if these are the silver bullet I'd love to find out.
Love to try the 56 against my Hogan.

Currently I am playing a 52° Rtx-2 and a Vokey 60°. I am always looking for a way to add more spin to my approach shots to avoid rolling out. I know the ball does a lot of the work but it looks like Cleveland Golf has put in some extra work and I can wait to read the reviews.

My current wedges are the Cleveland CBX.

What gets me most excited about the RTX Zipcore wedges is the description of the grooves. “11% sharper, 7.3% deeper, 7.4% closer, 7.2% more groove contact at impact.” I would love to see the type of bite this produces. Plus, This wedge is pairing extra spin with more durability. It would be awesome to put these to work around the green.

My preferred loft would be 56 degrees.

This is a cool opportunity JB and these wedges look fantastic!! Whether I get chosen or not I will be excited to see the feedback on these!!

I am currently playing 54 & 58 degree Cobra MIM wedges with versatile grind
First, I've never played a Cleveland wedge in my bag. I've done a lot of reading on these and both the Ultizip grooves and the weighting excite me as I am a touch player around the green with my wedges and like to be able to hit shots that spin. Plus, they nailed it with the design!! If chosen I would ask for a 58 degree with a low bounce sole as I do most of my chipping and pitching with my 58 so I would be able to give the most feedback this way. I'm also interested in the new TT Dynamic Gold spinner shaft it comes with and want to see how it compares to the Modus wedge shafts I've been playing.

Currently playing Cleveland RTX-3 52 degree 10 bounce mizuno s18 60 degree 10 bounce and RTX-3 56 Degree 10 bounce. Very excited to see how the new grooves perform and how the balance of the new core feels. I am in the market for a new 56 so I would probably want to test that degree wedge.

Currently playing Cleveland RTX4 wedges. 52 weakened to 54 and 56 weakened to 58. I also have a 60. The adjustments were made to fix gaps from my 49 degree AW from my iron set. Before that, I played Cleveland 588 RTG and Gunmetal.

While the spin on the RTX4 is pretty amazing, I would love to see how the new RTX Zipcore improve on that. Definitely interested in seeing how the Zipcore technology improves overall performance. Need to see for myself the effect of the groove design changes on spin. Also excited to try the Spinner shaft vs the DG S400 shaft currently in my RTX4 wedges. Cleveland appears to have outdone themselves with the RTX Zipcore. My experiences with the RTX4 would make for a good comparison with the RTX Zipcore.

I use a 50° callaway md3 milled wedge for the most part on the course.

I have actually never owned or used a Cleveland wedge and would love to try one out. I would love to try a 58°. I haven’t used one and would love to get used to and play around with it. I would love to see the spin on these. I definitely would use the thing everyday and get the use out of it. Would be a great opportunity.

I currently play a mix of 3 models of Cleveland wedges RTX4, RTX 3 and the original RTX.

I am most excited to see what has changed from the RTX4 and compare it to other previous models. To see if there has been a noticeable difference.

I would love to try the 56 or 54, to try them out of them out of the sand.

Currently using a 56° callaway MD3, and a callaway 60° Forged+ vintage. What gets me most excited about the zip core, is hearing about how much more spin and feel they offer. I would love to compare this club against my 56° I feel that the 56° is my typical go to in tons of situations around the green and with shorter approach shots and it would be interesting to compare with a club I have a lot of confidence in.

Love the look of these wedges! Make a classic better ... yes please! The Utilizip grooves are an exciting feature that really have me intrigued. I love seeing the ball stop on a dime or even spin back a little. Paired with a Srixon Q-Star Tour ball that I've been using lately, with the SpinSkin cover and these grooves ... look out man! :golf2:
I've used Vokeys for pretty much my entire golfing career (career ... yeah right, like it makes me money! HA!) Vokey vs RTX Zipcore ..... now that sounds like a great competition. I've been in the market for a 56* lately anyway. That's my most worn wedge currently. :eek:

Good luck everyone! 6 lucky THP'ers are going to have fun with this wedge. (y)

I play the Taylormade MG 2 52-56-60 and have a cleveland rtx 48. I would love to try the 48 degree mid sole and see how it compares. Im also intrigued on how the zipcore will fare in different weather conditions as well as in flight shape spin rates club speed.

MD4 with KBS 610 wedge flex shafts
50* 10* bounce S grind
54* 10* bounce S grind
58* 8* bounce C grind

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore?
The CG movement with this new core. I am interested to see how that impacts greenside feel as that is one area that I struggle with. Anything that promises more consistency always gets my attention. On pitches and full shots my distance control is sporadic so that is the main motivation for a different look at wedges.

What loft would you like?
54* I use 58* mostly around the green but the 54* is what I tend to use for the partial wedge shots from 100yds and in.

oh yesssss....

TM MG 56* and 60*

to see if the grooves do, indeed, improve spin and see how the claims of shots more likely to hit the sweet spot pan out...

I'd be interested in a 52* till fill the spot between my AW and 56 with the idea that i replace the TMs with these at some point

Back