Looking For Testers: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges?

What wedges are you currently playing? Callaway MD 4 54* and Callaway PM Grind 2.0 60* (no gw but preferrably would like to play a 50/54/60 type set up)

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like?
well the new grooves are cool, but the biggest thing I like to see is how the cg placement will help me with my distance control/strike primarily with the GW/SW shots. Those wedges I will typically be somewhat inconsistent with on 3/4-full shots due to impact location. Would love to put either a 50 or 54 with mid bounce

I currently play tour grey Callaway JAWS MD5s.

I am most excited to see how the mid grind (v-sole) combines with the redistributed weight to affect versatility and overall playability. I prefer to use a single wedge for all shots around the greens, but also use that wedge on full and partial shots from the fairway. How do the RTX ZipCore features combine to handle all of that?

I would like a 58* wedge in a mid grind.

Last edited:
I’m currently playing the Mizuno JPX-919, 50,52,58.

I have been waiting for these to be released so I can give them a shot. I have a buddy with the RTX4 and I hit those and fell in love! ? the shear design of these wedges are incredible. They have they best weight distribution of any wedges I have seen and if they feel half as good in the hands as the RTX4s do these will be fantastic.

I would want to trial the 54, 58, 60 degrees. I have a tendency to try and pull more up/down shots when I’m closer and I like having that little bit more loft. ???????????

I carry 4 wedges
PW from full set Ping S55 with nippon modus 130-S
50 degree Taylormade hi-toe with hirev kbs shaft
54-08 degree titleist SM8 with stock shaft
58–11 Taylormade hi-toe with hirev kbs shaft

I’m intrigued by the RTX I played Cleveland throughout college days and used raw wedges for years after. I am interested about the weighting the ease through turf. I hate to loose my wedges right but that is my miss.

I would love a 58 degree with medium bounce. Ideally for pitching, bunkers, minor lob shots. Anything from 90 yards and in. I am very particular about sand and bunker interaction.

Most excellent! These new wedges look and sound incredible, Cleveland continues to innovate in the wedge game.
Currently playing 4 wedges: 48 Callaway Jaws (S-grind), 52 Cleveland CBX2, 56 Callaway Jaws (S-grind), 60 Cleveland CBX2.
What's not to love, it was already a great product. Appears to have more consistency across the board. Spin, distance, feel, control. And durability w/ longer lasting grooves. If considered for this testing i would like to try 60* to game it compared to my current 60* CBX2.

This is such a cool opportunity! I currently am gaming some Adams Tom Watson wedges 52, 56, 60. The watsons are pretty basic wedges so it would be sweet to try out a wedge with new tech and modifications. I also haven’t had the chance to play Cleveland wedges before so it would be fun to get my first taste with the latest and greatest! If I somehow get picked, I’d love to try out the 56 full grind to use in full shots, bunkers, and chips/pitches around the green!

I currently play MD4 52* and a PM 58*. I would love to try the 58* wedge to compare to the PM 58*. I love the versatility of the PM around the greens but don't love the way it plays on anything more than a half swing. I do use the club in that range regularly. The groove pattern on the ZipCore looks interesting and I see these two wedges as head to head competitors.

I also play the PW and AW from the Callaway Apex but I am not looking to change out those clubs.

Have a feeling there is going to be a lot of interest in this one!

C'mon Random Number Generator! :D

What wedges are you currently playing? Jaws MD5 56* & PM Grind 2.0 60*
What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like? Love the new shape, love the finish, and would love to try the Spinner shaft offering. I would like a RH 50* wedge, with mid sole.

What wedges are you currently playing?

I've been playing Ping Glides the last few months, but loaded up a set (among many) of my RTXs for the weekend rounds. I'll likely be going back to them with the irons I'll be playing for a while.

Not going to lie, they looks great. The satin chrome version is pretty much my ideal look. I love the progression they've made with the CG and weight distribution through the different iterations, and this sounds like another good step there. Big fan of the extra grooves too. Just a lot to be excited about.

What loft would you like?

A 54* mid would fit and compare to my other wedges best, but I'm an RTX ***** so I'll give anything a thorough use.

52/56 SM7 60 RTX4

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore?

As a low spin player... Spin, Spin, Spin, SpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

Classic look Cleveland is known for.

What loft would you like?

54 Mid

111posts already? Whaaaaaaaat?

Currently playing Vokey SM6. I've been planning to replace them with RTX4's and I think it'd be awesome to be able to go ahead and make the jump to the Zipcore. For the loft, I'd like a 58 if there's a low bounce option (4° or less). If there's not a low bounce option, I'd like to try a 54 with 10-12° of bounce.

I currently am playing a Wilson 48, Ballistic 56 and a OLD MacGregor 60....that is so old I can't get any spin because the grooves are worn down so bad. HA!

I have played Cleveland in the past and really liked them. I'm intrested in the new technology they have put into these and see what exactly it does and can do for my game. A 60 degree would be best because my current one is about to golf heaven, aka, the pond on 18 at Winterstone golf course.

Titleist SM4 56*-14 and 60*-10 L Grind.

I'm excited for the ZipCore technology to allow for more forgiveness plus the sharper and more grooves on the club face should give us immediate feedback when playing. With playing less I've become less confident in my 60* but my 56 is ol' faithful. I would like to try a 60* wedge to see if I can gain that confidence back.

I play the set pw and gw then currently have a 54* CBX2 and a 60* CBX Full Face in the bag. The Callaway wedges in my signature are on order; Jaws MD5 56* bent to 55* and a 60* PM Grind 19.

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore?

The Zipcore, Ultizip grooves, and the new heat treatment.

I'll sit this one out as I'm still waiting for my SM8's. This will be fun for the 6 guys selected. Good luck to everyone.

What an opportunity! I respectfully submit my review request for the new RTX ZipCore wedge...
I currently game a Callaway 56* PM Grind and a 60* Ping Tour S

I'm most intrigued by the extra forgiveness and extra spin of the ZipCore design. I would really like to test the 60* version as I'm very comfortable with that loft in my Ping wedge. I think I could really give the Cleveland RTX ZipCore a thorough test and review based on how much I use that wedge!

I am a daily reader and poster and have no trouble providing feedback and answering questions.

I’m in

current wedges:
Vokey SM8

most interested in:
The weight movements. My misses tend to be toe side and curious how these would help.

preferred Loft:
54 mid

I am currently playing
52|10 S grind Callaway Mack Daddy 4 with Dynamic Gold 115 S200 shaft
56|14 Cleveland 588 RTX 2 Dot with Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
58|12 W Grind Callaway Mack Daddy 4 with Dynamic Gold 115 S200 shaft

In comparison to my current wedges, the RTX Zipcore has extra grooves to help create forgiving and unforgettable spin and the innovative ability of the Cleveland team to use low density materials to perfect CG. I like how the team at Cleveland rebuilt a classic wedge and added high-low MOI to the back and with the repositioning of the CG will help amateur players hit more shots on the sweet spot, thus creating lower scores and better control with the wedges. The replacement of heavy steel with a lightweight core allows the design team to make a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing club to look at while confidently knowing that this wedge will help me with spin distance feel and control.

I would like to try out the 52, 56 and 58. The most inconsistent part of my game is short wedge shots and this is the best looking and technologically designed wedge to improve consistency and lower scores. These wedges should help shave 3-4 strokes off of anyone’s game.

What wedges are you currently playing? Indi TT atk wedges in 50, 54, 58
What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like? Well prior to my Indi's I played the first gen Cleveland CBX wedges for two years because I loved how they moved the cg from more heel side to center. They were the most forgiving wedges I'd ever hit (hense two years in the bag) but being a single figure handicap wanting more of a blade style wedge look again is what moved me to Indi. After seeing the new zipcore being a player shape and look again but with hidden tech similar to the cbx line, I just have to try them and would love to give an unbiased honest review of my experience. If picked I would be interested in 50° mid bounce, 54° high bounce, and 58° low bounce.

Im currently playing some classic wedges. Cleveland 588 Gunmetal 47 degree, Vokey 54 degree 254.14, and Vokey 60 degree SM60.08. Would love to try a 56 degree zipcore for full shots, various greenside lies and in bunkers. I'm most excited about how much spin these seem to be capable of. Watched TXG's vid on YouTube and they were absolutely raving about these wedges.

I've had Callaway MD4's in the bag since December of 2017. My current configuration is a 50*S, 54*S (bent to 55*) and a 60* X.

I'm intruiged by Ultizip, and would love to see how it compares to the MD4 raised grooves. I'm also really interested to see how their heat treating process effects durability.

I'd be interested in putting a 62* Low in the bag. It's been warm and dry around here, and I have a feeling the combination of sole relief, extra loft, and those new grooves would really help my short game.

Callaway MD4

Groove durability and weight distribution
Gotta go 54* mid

Good luck to everyone who enters!

Back