Looking For Testers: New Golf Bag

First of all, thanks to THP for offering this opportunity.

This is the first golf-related item for which I have this much regret for what I bought previously. I have made some bad club purchases, and I really like my current Cobra Ultralight cart bag, but the Revolver XP is at such a different level that I wish I had waited.

You and me both. I love my Ping Pioneer, but I think I’d have gone with this bag if it was out when I bought, especially since I have a Bagboy pull cart.

Great looking bag that I've enjoyed reading about, hearing the good reviews during the showcase. Thanks for the opportunity!

The obvious feature is the revolving top that features the locks for both the bottom and the top of the clubs, as well as full length dividers. But honestly, my favorite feature is the External Putter Tube. My current bag does not have a putter well, but I really wish it did, so this putter tube that accepts large grips would be fantastic.

I would review on the forum by putting my clubs in there right away. Seeing how the bag rotates with 14 clubs. I would test out the putter well to ensure that my Superstroke grip does not get caught up in the putter tube. I'd also do a test on how long a beverage is kept cold in the insulated pocket. I would provide pictures of the journey, and check in daily to answer any questions that might come up. I'll also load it up into my truck, full of gear, to see how easy/difficult it is to move around, and also how well it protects the clubs in transit. Then I'd test out on the course, and see how much the rotating top improves club selection while on a cart.

Good luck and can't wait to read more once some THPers get their hands on them!

This should be fun for someone who carts only. The bag spins well and is very functional.

1. Watch the short video above. I've done that.:)

2. Comment below about your favorite feature - I like the combination clip-lok top and grip-lok base to keep the clubs stable

3. Share with us how you will review the Revolver XP on the forum. - I'd fill the club slots with clubs I care about like my new irons and putter and 3W and wedge. That would tell me whether the clip-lok top and grip-lok base work well or not. I'd fill a pocket with balls. Another with tees. A 3rd with 2 towels. Another with a pair of shoes. Another pocket with more balls. And a jacket. And 2 midsize gatorade/powerade bottles. And a few granola bars. All to see whether I can put my stuff into it or not and how well the zippers contain the items. I'd shove a ziploc bag full of ice into the insulated cooler pocket and wait to see how well it works compared to a control ziploc bag of ice sitting outside of the bag. I'd shake the bag like it owed me money to see whether the clubs would stay locked. And to simulate it riding around in the trunk of my car. I'd insert and remove the bag from my trunk several times to see how well it handles that when I'm fresh (at the beginning of the test) and when I'm tired (at the end of the test)

4. Sit back and wait to see if you are chosen in the next few days. As always, thank you for the opportunity!

I almost bought one of these during Showcase week. It's a really impressive bag.

I love the rotating top with the grip locking base to go with the full length dividers. That's an incredible ease of use combination.

I'll use the bag as my gamer for the test period. I'll really put it through some tough love to see not only how durable the zippers and material are (as much as can be tested in 60 days) but also how the rotating top and base hold up to significant use. I had a Bag Boy bag years ago. I loved all the storage and organization but the rain cover was impossible to get on and it had significant durability issues. Within a year, the zippers were shot, the material was fraying where the cart strap contacted it and the grab handle was coming loose.

Thanks for the chance!

At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

The Bag Boy Revolver XP
If you watched the THP Showcase at all, you heard us talking about the new Bag Boy Revolver XP and how much we enjoyed it. We want more feedback, so have partnered with Bag Boy and will be sending a few of these out to forum members for long term testing.

Criteria
You must be able to check in on the forum thread daily (or close to it) to discuss usage and answer questions.
You will be reviewing the golf bag for a period of 60 days (then it is yours to keep).
This one is for Albatross Club Members only. The club is open to everybody and helps support an amazing charity. If you want more info, click here.

How to Signup
1. Watch the short video above.
2. Comment below about your favorite feature
3. Share with us how you will review the Revolver XP on the forum.
4. Sit back and wait to see if you are chosen in the next few days.

Video watched.

I have no issue checking in daily to answer question and provide updates. When the weather allows, I play 3-4 times weekly.

My favorite feature is the external putter well. Why have manufacturers in general stopped offerring them? The revolving top is also a winner.

How would I review? I primarily ride, so most of my review would be from that perspective. However, a few of my buddies still walk, so I can add the perspective of how the bag works on a Clicgear.

Last edited:
I’m very curious about the revolver top, the separate putter well and how the clubs lock in position as these are unique features that could be a game changer if they work as expected. As someone who uses a push cart in addition to an electric cart, being able to rotate the top is something I think adds to the versatility of this bag that other companies don’t have.

1. Watch the short video above: Done
2. Comment below about your favorite feature: Hard to only pick one feature as a favorite. I really like the rotating top, 14-way full length dividers, and the fact that the clubs are locked in place to prevent chatter! Put them all together and this is the bag I've really dreamed of!
3. Share with us how you will review the Revolver XP on the forum: I play at least 2 times per week (normally). I will get a lot of on course testing in both a riding cart as well as with my push cart. I'll be specifically looking to see how easy and quickly I can go from my car to fully set up for my round when I arrive at the course (as well as the reverse when I'm done).
4. Sit back and wait to see if you are chosen in the next few days: (y)

Not my cup of tea because I walk and carry but if I was a cart rider or push cart it would be interesting.

Nice bag but not for me. Carry bag my go to. Do like the concept here.

I want to try the revolving top. The biggest reason for me is the changing from driver to rider in a cart. I like easy access to my wedges and putter. I like them pointed to the right or left of the bag depending on if I'm a driver or a rider in the cart. I sure hope and wonder if the rotating top will make the switch easy. Also have to love the external putter oversize tube. Pockets exist on all bags, so I'm not real worried about pocket access, but I do want easy club access. Love to test it out. So for the review, I'd mostly take pics and test and respond to questions about the rotation stuff.

Well the 14 way with full length dividers are a must for me in a cart bag, but everyone does that. The 360* Rotating Top is the big deal for me on this one, if it works as intended it would be an amazing feature!

How would I review it on the Forum? Well, I'd use it exclusively during the test period, testing all the features, especially the 360* Rotating Top and Clik-Lok, but everything else as well. I'd use it on the course and at the range, on both motor and push carts, check out the storage capabilities and layout, use the cooler pocket, and also see how it is to carry, and how it stands on it's own. Of course I'd report my findings and opinions on the Forum often, and answer any questions.

Thanks for the opportunity, this looks like a really cool bag. :drinks:

Cool concept. Not looking for a cart bag right now but this seems like a really cool feature. I would love a revolving top on my carry bag. Looking forward to see what people say.

My favorite part of the bag is the combo of the Clip-Lok base and the Clip-Lok top. I have a 14-way bag and I was thinking it'd help protect against the club chatter and it really hasn't. The Clip technology could help with that and ease the digging around for certain clubs.

Review: I'd review the quality of the rotation as well as the clip in/out since I'll be playing in my garage for the winter. I'd discuss each aspect of the bag and its usefulness - pros and cons - an honest upfront review. As a family, we play almost every night so it would be used and put to the test very often and I'd add in thoughts and comments from by much-better-half since she's an avid golfer as well and has strong thoughts and ideas pertaining to her own game. So a tag-team review.

1: Done
2: I love the revolving top. I switch between push carts and riding carts and the clubs are the wrong way half the time.
3: I try to get out a few times a week. I’ll be able to test it out by putting it against my current bag and see how it holds up to push carts and riding carts.
4: Awesome you guys rock.

Cool bag. I like how each club locks into place, but espcially the rotation feature because a bag's orientation on my Clicgear is often not optimal for riding in a cart. It would be really nice to resolve that by rotating instead of rearranging the clubs in the bag. For testing I would use the bag while playing, at the range and on my CG vs. cart, then report on my experiences; and I'd be in the thread to discuss the product and answer questions.

Great timing. I have been in the market for a cart bag and this was one on my list but I wasn’t sure if/how it would work with my current set of clubs. I love the putter well, the insulated cooler, and want to see how the Clip-lok works with Cobra Connect midsize grips and one length irons. I haven’t had a true cart bag since the one I bought with my Ping G5 irons, but will be acquiring something soon in 2021. Even if I don’t win, I will likely wait to see some THP reviews before I purchase a cart bag and this would be up there with the OGIO Woode and C130 as top choices from my brief internet search this week.

I am on the site daily and play quite a few rounds year round in Arizona with the vast majority being in a cart and with fellow THP’ers. I would happily answer questions on THP and post photos and video if requested.

The revolving top and storage. I play several times a month and during the warmer months I will let everyone know how much beer the bag will hold and what the variant temperatures of the beer is throughout the round.

The revolving top and storage. I play several times a month and during the warmer months I will let everyone know how much beer the bag will hold and what the variant temperatures of the beer is throughout the round.

This testing is for Albatross Club members only, but never fear lots of testing around THP.

For more information on the AC, click here.

The revolving clubs is awesome. I dont have to lean over to find a club. Reviewing this would be fun. Pictures, video, and letting everyone know how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PUMPED to see who is going to join in this testing! I’ve got one out and about right now and it’s a beast of a cart bag!

Awesome! Good luck to the participants.

1. Watch the short video above.--Done

2. Comment below about your favorite feature; The 360 degree top and has lots of plastic on it. I wore out my ping pioneer on the top in the individual sections and it is frayed badly. I think this would last longer. And the Insulated cooler would get daily use. 🍺:cool:

3. Share with us how you will review the Revolver XP on the forum;- I will report on ease of use, weight, and quality of bag. I have my bag/clubs and pushcart in my trunk at all times during the season. I'll remove and carry it to the driving range every couple days. As well golfing 4-5 times per week, I'll remove the bag and either put it on my push cart or a buddies gas cart. Play my round, remove the bag, put it into my trunk. Rinse and repeat.
If this happens before golf starts up here. I will put my clubs in the bag and use for my sim rounds, and report back to THP. I will be able to use the 360degree top daily.

4. Sit back and wait to see if you are chosen in the next few days. Thanks THP & Bagboy for this opportunity.

This bag has so many great features, but for the sake of naming just one I am going with the revolving top. It will make pulling a club so much easier.

I really like my Bag Boy bag and I would be comparing it to my current bag as well as testing functionally, durability and accessable as both a rider and a driver of a cart. Something I really look for in a bag is one that is just as easily use as a passenger as a driver.

Back