Looking for this "Max Sun Protection" hat

Grins

AMDG
Reaction score
Handicap
20ish
I saw a similar thread & figured I'd ask the THP community. I sent an email to Clay Ballard's Top Swing Golf website, and they said:

"Honestly I think he gets them at the local PGA Store.
I know he says they’re hard to find."

This is the hat I'm looking for. Local stores & even online shops don't seem to carry these extra-wide brim hats that I see teaching pros & caddies wearing all the time.

It's frustrating since the golf community as a whole is pushing people to protect themselves from sun damage, but making these types of hats readily available is like a trade secret lol!
1581789782556.png
Clay Ballard hat 1.png

Clay Ballard hat.jpg
Any help is appreciated!

I like how the back end really blocks the sun from hitting Clay's neck. Most hats I've seen aren't big enough to do this.

I'm a Tilly Hat guy. They have a myriad of options.

@Grins heres a link I copied from google searching for wide brim sun hat men’s 4”

The 4” is to try to get results of hats that have larger brims than the typical 3” hat.

Or check out sungrubbies dot com. They have a 5” wide brim packable hat similar to what’s in the photos.

Or there are some listed on amazon that are impregnated with bug repellant and are made of mesh for lightweight, pack ability, and airflow.

Appreciate the searches. Still bugs me that Nike and PGA tour can’t make the actual model info available. It’s not like these are green jackets or something. I think they’re missing an opportunity to promote healthier habits regarding skin care

19TTLMTRSSWHTGRYXAPA_White_Harbor_Blue

Ha! The first link from Datadude has "you may also be interested in these"... and what shows up? A Walter Hagan Gambler straw hat. The same one that's on the package shelf in the back of my sedan. Stupid I know but I thought it was cool.:)

I found this and I'm giving it a shot. Tired of paying to have skin cancer removed.

Looks like the Tour Aussie hat might be what Clay Ballard is wearing. I’ll give it a shot

Looks like the Tour Aussie hat might be what Clay Ballard is wearing. I’ll give it a shot
I like that one as well. After yesterday in the sun I’m really thinking I’d be wise to purchase one.

I love these kind of sun hats as I’m pretty fair-skinned. But every time I try one my club shaft whacks into the brim right at the finish of my swing. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe it’s my swing...

Last edited:
I really like this hat - have the GG Link by chance?
It’s up above in this thread I believe. It’s the Aussie link.

I really like this hat - have the GG Link by chance?

EDIT: NM - Found it on sale at Carl's Golfland for $30 - bought it.

I did not see this hat on Carl's site. Can you post the link?

That’s a great price. I’m going to pick one up today. Going with the grey black. Maybe get a white later. Live the white but I tend to get them dirty.

Thanks! Trying to decide on the color. Not a Titleist guy in any way/shape/form, so I'm thinking the White/grey. But I like the look of the blue lettering.

Thanks! Trying to decide on the color. Not a Titleist guy in any way/shape/form, so I'm thinking the White/grey. But I like the look of the blue lettering.
I play Titleist every so once in a while however like you, I just liked the Blue Lettering on the White. Usuall I only get two seasons out of a hat as by the 2nd season it’s got sweat stains.

Went with the blue lettering on white hat. I'll post later in the season to let you know what I think of it.

Back