Looking for thoughts on Cleveland Frontline Elevado and Odyssey White Hot OG #7

xcman04

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone,

So I've been tinkering with my putting stroke (trying to develop an actual stroke as opposed to cocking my wrists), and I've been finding that lately I'm putting better with my 2019 Tommy Armour Impact #3 then with my Odyssey BoP - for whatever reason I'm hitting more putts in the center which leads to better overall results. Still working on distance control, as the two putters feel very different, but this has me thinking about trying a couple of other similarly designed putters. I really like the fang look of the Impact #3, but I feel like there might be an improvement out there for me.

As such, I was wondering what people's experiences have been with either the Cleveland Frontline Elevado (double bend) or the recent Odyssey White Hot OG #7 (double bend). I've read the initial threads for both Cleveland Frontline and Odyssey White Hot OG models, as well as other articles about them, and both groups seem to get great reviews. Just hoping to consolidate some feedback in relation to just those two putters if possible. I suspect I will end up trying both, but additional thoughts and info from folks on here would just be awesome - thank you!

I liked the Elevado, great rool and feel, smaller head for a mallet, but I hated the SinkFit grip.
The Odyssey OG line is really nice if you like the insert. They look to sit open a bit, to my eye.
I thought I could go with either, but ended up with a Bettinardi Innovai 6.0 crescent neck, and I'm swapping out the grip. Love the way the Betti sets up, and I'm normally a blade guy.
Also grabbed a TM Ardmore 3 cheap of ebay to try.

I was just fit into the Stroke Lab (love the red on the shaft) WHOG 7s. I love the way it felt at the fitting and today in my first round with it. Distance control is very good when I put a good stroke on it. But for a couple of really poor reads, I would have been at 28 putts.

If you have specific questions, I’ll be glad to try and answer them.

Thanks @El Rayo X and @Parrot for your thoughts/experiences! I actually spent almost 2 hours today at my local GG trying out a whole bunch of putters (which I admit is not the same as getting fitted), and ended up pulling the trigger on a new single bend 35 in. TM Spider X Hydro Blast. Obviously if I had known that was going to happen I wouldn't have created this thread, but at the time, based on my recent experiences between my Odyssey Bird Of Prey vs. my 2019 Tommy Armour Impact #3, I was "sure" I would end up with a fang-style putter. They had a couple of Stroke Lab putters at the store, and I tried most of their head shapes, including the #7. I liked the #7, and I definitely liked the White Hot OG insert, but it just didn't end up feeling as good as when I used the Spider X. I had a slant neck 2019 navy/white one for a little while, but the slant neck wasn't for me.

Ultimately I realized I like the Spider shape more then the #7, and the single bend version really works great with my (mostly) SB/ST stroke. It's also a little lighter then my BoP but also gives me confidence on those 4-6 ft putts. I'm pretty sure the WHOG #7 wins hands down in terms of insert and shaft, but I just didn't putt as well with it as I did with the Spider X, and I didn't feel as confident with it either.

I guess we will see what happens on actual greens, but thanks again for your comments!

Back