Looks Like Kucher Is At It Again

buckeyewalt

Reaction score
Handicap
Sooo just shovel out all the sand until he's at the base??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looks like the rules official was watching intently.... as he removed all those loose impediments :angel:

That was just stupid IMO.

I love it, Kuch has gone full heel since the whole caddie fiasco. One of the best face to heel turns of the century.

This is getting weird. It seems he is never happy with a ruling or interpetes the rules way diffrent than most do. I was watching him in an early round at The Memorial on #18 . He asked for and got a ruling then asked for a secondary ruling .Even his playing partners looked at him like, enough already.He is damaging a strong body of work over trying to be right all the time.

Original tweet didn't even spell his name right. I cannot take this seriously.

Is it IAW the RoG? I'd guess so, there was a rules official standing there. So be it. Just because we think the rules are stupid doesn't mean that a player should be blackballed for abiding by them.

In Arizona, many golf courses have waste areas like this. We were told by a rules official at a USGA amateur event that all of the grains of sand are loose impediments, and that it is permissible to remove them as long as you do so one by one.

Am I the only one who thinks Kucher missed his true calling as a lawyer?

He’s really turned into a PGA Tour ???? ????

Haha. Just remove everything around the ball until it is sitting up on a nice little pedestal. I used to like Kuchar. All of his antics over the past couple of years have definitely changed my opinion of him. Seems like he went downhill after waiting 3 hours for Spieth to play that shot at The Open Championship.

is it true that there was a rules official watching him do this?

Canadan;n8903681 said:
I saw that and honestly couldn't stop laughing hahaha

This kind of stuff does just become laughable!

Sox_Fan;n8903851 said:
Haha. Just remove everything around the ball until it is sitting up on a nice little pedestal. I used to like Kuchar. All of his antics over the past couple of years have definitely changed my opinion of him. Seems like he went downhill after waiting 3 hours for Spieth to play that shot at The Open Championship.

I really wouldnt be surprised if that did have something to do with it. Speith was allowed to get away with murder that day and it affected Kuchar. He's probably thinking "if you cant beat em join em". Makes him come across as a complete tosser but I can see the reasoning.

However, doesn't excuse his despicable behavior in caddygate when, IMO, he really tainted his reputation.

If some people can get away with needing 8-10 people move a “loose” boulder/impediment, why not move a few grains of sand.

And he missed the cut , so he did himself no good.

Just a question, when you reach and pinch the ground to grab impediments "how do you know if they are fixed or loose?" . Saw this same thing a few years ago with Steward Cink at Harbor Town where he took his finger and rubbed a small trench behind his ball in a playoff. A PGA rules official was right next to him and didn't object so I doubt they consider this wrong, but I do!

Canadan;n8903681 said:
I saw that and honestly couldn't stop laughing hahaha
This was my exact reaction when I saw the video. Hahaha

I never really gravitated to him as a player. This kinds solidifies it for me. I know many on tour wont call him out, but this is blatant cheating in my book.

funkysi;n8904035 said:
I really wouldnt be surprised if that did have something to do with it. Speith was allowed to get away with murder that day and it affected Kuchar. He's probably thinking "if you cant beat em join em". Makes him come across as a complete tosser but I can see the reasoning.

However, doesn't excuse his despicable behavior in caddygate when, IMO, he really tainted his reputation.

Despicable? How so?

Back