Cmontgomery

Reaction score
Handicap
My 4i has recently developed a bit of a rattle and can only assume this is a tip weight that has loosened itself.

Do I have any options to repair other than completely dismantling and re-epoxying?

My 4i has recently developed a bit of a rattle and can only assume this is a tip weight that has loosened itself.

Do I have any options to repair other than completely dismantling and re-epoxying?
I would think that is your only option. You may be able to get the weight out the grip end (assuming there is no blockage) by opening the hole in the grip a little bit...or cutting the grip off altogether.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So if it is a tip weight then most likely the re-shaft is what I would do.

In the past I have had friends bring me clubs that they thought were one of the weights/tip loose but it was piece of dried epoxy.

How I found out was the guy that brought me some clubs said he wanted new grips and the tip weight fixed in one of the clubs. When I took the grip off I turned the club upside down and tapped the ground (butt of shaft) lightly and out fell the piece of dried epoxy that was rattling. It was big enough I guess that I had to apply a certain force for it to come completely loose.

So that is one way to verify by taking grip off. Others hopefully will chime in with good info. That's just my experiences. Good luck

I think you're stuck with a full reshaft.

I would think that is your only option. You may be able to get the weight out the grip end (assuming there is no blockage) by opening the hole in the grip a little bit...or cutting the grip off altogether.

I don't know how that could possibly work.

I don't know how that could possibly work.

Just as stated below...assuming the weight has somehow come loose inside the shaft and is rattling. I suspect its epoxy that is rattling and not a weight tip too....

When I took the grip off I turned the club upside down and tapped the ground (butt of shaft) lightly and out fell the piece of dried epoxy that was rattling. It was big enough I guess that I had to apply a certain force for it to come completely loose.

Just as stated below...assuming the weight has somehow come loose inside the shaft and is rattling. I suspect its epoxy that is rattling and not a weight tip too....

Yeah, tip weights can come loose and rattle, but are designed so as not to be able to slide up the shaft.

Back