Wkndhookr

Datkison Quest Cup & Budget Golf Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just got an email that says the following

"
L.A. City Golfers

Since the beginning of the current pandemic, our priority has been your safety and the health of our staff.

Due to the additional safety modifications to the L.A. County Health Department's "Safer at Home" order, our golf reservation policy has been changed until further notice. Effective immediately, all new golf reservations are available to book for 2, 3, or 4 players and all players in your group must be from a single household.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we are obligated to operate within the guidelines set forth by the County. We appreciate your support

SO basically as a single you won't be able to play and unless you live with someone else who plays you are out of luck.

Just got an email that says the following

"
L.A. City Golfers

Since the beginning of the current pandemic, our priority has been your safety and the health of our staff.

Due to the additional safety modifications to the L.A. County Health Department's "Safer at Home" order, our golf reservation policy has been changed until further notice. Effective immediately, all new golf reservations are available to book for 2, 3, or 4 players and all players in your group must be from a single household.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we are obligated to operate within the guidelines set forth by the County. We appreciate your support

SO basically as a single you won't be able to play and unless you live with someone else who plays you are out of luck.
Lie.

What do you mean? That I didn't get that email, or that policy is not true?
That your playing partner lives with you. You are still screwed as a single but if you can just find one person to play with you are good. FWIW I’m generally in favor of following government rules on Covid but this is a stupid policy. What could be safer than social distancing outside?

The policy they have is no walk ons allowed. So you have to book a time in advance. You can only book times for 2,3,or 4 players and all players must reside in the same household so unless you have someone who lives with you to play together you can't get a time. I've already avoided LA city courses during this time because all the other counties nearby were less restrictive but now I wouldn't even be able to play there if I wanted to.

The policy they have is no walk ons allowed. So you have to book a time in advance. You can only book times for 2,3,or 4 players and all players must reside in the same household so unless you have someone who lives with you to play together you can't get a time. I've already avoided LA city courses during this time because all the other counties nearby were less restrictive but now I wouldn't even be able to play there if I wanted to.
Right, I get it, you are hosed as a single. But let’s pretend I live in LA. You call me and we agree to play. I make the tee time online. We meet in the parking lot and walk up together. How would they ever know the difference?

Are they checking IDs? If not, as T4K stated, just say that you are. I do it from time to time here in Miami when there are not enough carts available. I’ll just say that my buddy and I are brothers and off we go.

And I agree with you that golf is probably one of the safest activities you can do. Truth be told other than shopping, the golf course is the only place I go.
As far as getting around their policy, I don't know what they are requiring as proof because they've been sticklers as to the policies they've had in place so far and this just came in an hour or 2 ago. For the time being I'll just stick to playing the courses in Ventura county which I'm happy enough to do anyway.

We had this rule in Washington at the beginning of the pandemic. They would simply ask "Are you all from the same household?". We of course would say yes, and they would take our payment.

I am not advocating being irresponsible during this time but, at least in my experience, they are required to ask you and either do not care (they want your business) or have no way of validating the truth. I think most of us have a "bubble" of people that we trust and hang out with outside of the golf course so I see no harm in lying and continuing to golf with these people.

Right, I get it, you are hosed as a single. But let’s pretend I live in LA. You call me and we agree to play. I make the tee time online. We meet in the parking lot and walk up together. How would they ever know the difference?
I.D. checks, showing the same address.

Our local courses give local residence golfers a huge break on green fees. Almost 50%. When someone shows up, claiming they live in town, but are not familiar with the course's staff, they need to produce I.D. with a local address on it.

I called the starter at Harbor City - part of Los Angeles City Golf. He said they were checking ID's. Hearing this, I changed my reservation for 12/2/2020 from 4 to two and convinced my wife to play. What was strange is that after changing my reservation to two, I searched and the online system said that there was an available time for two in that slot. Very confusing. When I booked another time for the following week, two separate popups stated that all players need to be in the same household. I'm looking forward to seeing how this is actually implemented tomorrow when I show up with my wife.

The LA County policy is clear on this - limiting golf groups to the same household. I searched LA County run golf courses (separate from LA City courses) and they don't have anything posted online about following these new rules.

I do wish they would make it more clear, I will follow the law and not argue - I just want to know what to expect.

Go a Step further and cite that you are domestic partners and the address hasn't been changed yet.. they'll want to avoid a lawsuit lol

Go a Step further and cite that you are domestic partners and the address hasn't been changed yet.. they'll want to avoid a lawsuit lol

Or you lost your job and are living with a family member, or home from college because in-person learning has been cancelled. There are so many different reasons for why you don't have the same address but are living in the same house.

You should just pay for two tee times, bring someone with you from home, and then tell them to take a hike.

I'm glad I don't play LA munis (99.9% are garbage anyway,) I'd be screwed. I don't keep a CA drivers license, and usually use my Global Entry card for ID wherever I go.

So you have to show an ID to play golf huh?

How weird that in CA they would check IDs for this.

Silly rule. Go back to walking/single carts and stay 6 feet apart. Don't make this more difficult than it needs to be.

I was finally able to book a tee time. Thank goodness my wife golfs. Dumb Left coast rule, but it is an advantage to some.

As far as I know, this hasn't affected us in Orange County. Just an LA thing.

dumb ass rule.

So you have to show an ID to play golf huh?

How weird that in CA they would check IDs for this.
Well only LA, not an issue anywhere else. And prior to this 58 of the 59 counties in CA allowed group outings, just no gatherings, LA was the only one not allowing them. I've been running my tournaments at various courses in Ventura county instead of LA City where we are based.

And here is the latest update I just got

Due to the necessity to comply with the new LA County Public Health Temporary Targeted Safer at Home Health Order, we are hereby cancelling all existing reservations through December 10th and asking golfers to rebook to ensure that all members of the group are from the same household.

We are implementing this extra measure to protect both our loyal golfers and our staff as per direction from the Health Officer. We appreciate both your cooperation and understanding.

Silly rule. Go back to walking/single carts and stay 6 feet apart. Don't make this more difficult than it needs to be.
There's obviously no logic or common sense involved in these policy decisions. What a ridiculous rule. Reminds me of why I left California 11 years ago and will never go back.

Well only LA, not an issue anywhere else. And prior to this 58 of the 59 counties in CA allowed group outings, just no gatherings, LA was the only one not allowing them. I've been running my tournaments at various courses in Ventura county instead of LA City where we are based.

It was kind of a joke based on the state being steadfast to not ask for ID for pretty much anything else :ROFLMAO:

girlfriend, wife, child, boyfriend, someone's got to be able to go with you right?
^^^^ i say this for anyone in LA not just you
but then again if you live by yourself yeah your screwed
child doesnt have ID though idk

Back