Lost my rangefinder.....again. =(

arwin

Reaction score
I owned a range finder for years and only this year, I lost not 1 but 2 range finders!

The first one I lost was at #TheGauntlet this past May. Since there was a PGA superstore close by, I picked up a Tour V4 w/ slope which still isn't available in Canada yet.
I was playing a round last week and I know I used the range finder on the fairway on the 7th fairway. Walked to the green and realized that my range finder wasn't in my bag. Ran back immediately to where I was and couldn't find it. :crying:

I'm almost positive that one of the singles that I was paired up with that day ended up picking it up but when I asked him about it, he said he didn't see it. I mean, we were the only ones on the fairway and I know I used it in the fairway. But I'm not really one to call them out like that, especially if we're both members at the club.

This really sucks because I thought since I'm playing at a private club, the members would be more honorable than this but it's probably just one bad apple in the group since when I checked at the front desk, they had someone else's range finder there.

I ended up ordering another range finder from GolfTown but this time I'm thinking I should put something on it so I can locate it the next time I lose it. lol. I was thinking about one of those microchips that you would use for pets, but not sure if that would work.

This app might be something that I should look into: https://www.thetileapp.com

Anyone else tried that before and have success? Any other ideas on what I should do to prevent myself from losing ANOTHER range finder? -- FYI - Clipping it to my waist (like a badge) won't work since it'll just hinder the swing :messed:.

I put it back immediately after using it. If it's cartpath only, I place it on top of my towel on the ground next to the sand jar so I don't forget it

I guess it's just about creating a habit of putting it back in the case every time you use it. That's what I do.

Really bad luck. fyi, amazon has the V3 at $199.00 in case you change your mind about your order.

Dude, that sucks... again!!

I bet the chip would be fine, just attach it to a key ring on the rangefinder itself - I would bet that works very well.

Or, get a gps that attaches to your wrist or your bag?

Feel your pain! My daughter had 2 stolen off of her golf bag. The third mysteriously left my bag on the way to #TheGauntlet. I know it was in the bag when I packed it. But was nowhere to be found when I got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep it in my back pants pocket when playing. First thing to go back to the bag when the round is done, gotta give your equip a 20 point inspection before leaving the course too.

I expected to see a response from lightningbolt in this thread. :alien:

That's a bummer and one of my fears since buying one this year. I mostly walk and that makes it harder to lose. But when I ride in a cart, I get paranoid about losing the thing when carrying it out to fairways from cart paths. I'm also one of those people who writes my name and number on everything. That may not help, but it probably won't hurt. There are honest people out there.

Try something like this for a locator:

https://www.thetileapp.com/

I agree tho, you gotta just make it a habit to put it back securely in the case. I use the Bushnell case my v3 came with and never had an issue. I use it every hole on pretty much every shot, so I am constantly making sure I have it.

I saw one the other day on the course that had a magnet built into the strap and it stuck to one of your clubs in the top part of your bag, seemed to work great while he was carrying the bag.

Back