Low spin head with Mid to High launch shaft?

VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
Cleveland Classic with a Miyazaki Kusala Silver, 12* head and I still produce a low ball flight. Is this because its a low spin head? I am looking for a higher launch, really just more carry. On monitors its saying 230 carry but real life its more around 200-210 with a lot of roll. I would rather have more carry and less roll, should I be looking for a higher spin head for more carry?

EDIT- I started with the Indigo and still very low flight.

Last edited:
The Indigo is not a high launch shaft.

Cleveland Classic with a Miyazaki Kusala Indigo, 12* head and I still produce a low ball flight. Is this because its a low spin head? I am looking for a higher launch, really just more carry. On monitors its saying 230 carry but real life its more around 200-210 with a lot of roll. I would rather have more carry and less roll, should I be looking for a higher spin head for more carry? I also tried the Kusala Silver and it does give me a hair more carry but not what I want.
If you want high launch shaft go with the Kusula White dude, the Indigo like JB said is not a high launching shaft.

The Indigo is not a high launch shaft.

Damn, I thought to put it in the shaft page.

I know, I now have the Silver and its only a few more yards carry and not much more of a higher launch. My only guess is its because the Classic is a low spin head. I will edit the post as I have the silver now.

Is it possible you can grab us some numbers so we can see what you are working with launch wise?

Is it possible you can grab us some numbers so we can see what you are working with launch wise?

That will be tough, at the outing I was at 14* launch. Cant remember what else and that was with your 12*. Identical numbers with the 10.5 super tri and Blue. I know my swing is banged up but launch is way low now.

xcaliber 5+ shaft from Arthur sports

Back