LPGA Founders Cup #DriveOn

c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
This week is the LPGA Founders Cup. At the same time the LPGA just released a marketing push that you may have seen on social media with the #DriveOn tag.

I rarely see much on the LPGA here so I was curious if anyone watches? What would get you to watch more?

This tournament is actually right next to where I lived but I never actually went in person even though I played the course.

I watch the LPGA regularly. It also peaks the interest of my 7 year old daughter. She doesn't love golf but she does enjoy playing once in a while.

I was able to bring her to an LPGA event the last time they came to Ottawa (summer 2017) and my daughter loved it. She got a ball from Christie Kerr and got it signed by her after the round. Christie giving her the ball was on tv and my daughter still talks about it. It was a great experience and I would definitely suggest going.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I love the LPGA. Went to the Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions about 2 months ago and will go to any other tournaments within driving distance.

Here is their a link to their promotional video for the #DriveOn campaign that was referred to in the OP. I personally love it!

https://twitter.com/LPGA/status/1108410193874804737?s=19

I was watching last night when the bobcat walked behind the player. I grew up in the country, and we never saw bobcats. crazy

I watch a good amount of LPGA golf (usually later in the week on DVR) and will definitely go to the KPMG at Hazeltine this year. I find the tournaments more compelling than most and really appreciate the precision & skill these players display on the course. They are also appear approachable & are clearly so appreciative of what fan base they have that it is hard not to root for them.

As good as the players are there does (for lack of a better word) seem to be a "personality" deficit at the top of the game. They really need a more charismatic presence who is consistently a threat to win tournaments & majors and unfortunately that player probably needs to be from the US. Wie could certainly pull off the charisma & fan interest part but feels like her game will never get to the level necessary.

Never saw The Founders documentary until this week. Really good TV, very informative and some really compelling individual stories.

My wife and I watch quite often. Candidly we both wish there were more coverage on Golf Channel as well as main stream local networks.

I’m the opposite. I find it boring to watch and would prefer that Golf Channel cover the LPGA less.

Back