LPGA - Hilton Grand Vacations Tournament of Champions

BigMac

#LLTG!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
At Lake Nona Golf Club in Orlando, FL. LPGA champions playing mixed pairings with celebrities. Medal play for the ladies, celebs are playing modified Stableford format.

Glad to see Annika playing again, and it also marks Michelle Wie West’s return to competition.

I really hadn't paid much attention to the LPGA in recent years, certainly going to try and spend more viewing time on it this year, I didn't even realize or remember they did a tournament of champions.

Annika as a celebrity seems a bit odd. That's one heck of a good golfer to be in the celebrity flight!

I really hadn't paid much attention to the LPGA in recent years, certainly going to try and spend more viewing time on it this year, I didn't even realize or remember they did a tournament of champions.

Annika as a celebrity seems a bit odd. That's one heck of a good golfer to be in the celebrity flight!
Not too surprising that Annika is leading in that flight. ;) She's still a heck of a golfer, but she just can't hang with the LPGA young guns anymore. I'm glad to see her out there in any capacity, she's a great ambassador for the game. Quite an interesting mix of celebrities playing from both the sports and entertainment worlds.

Both the Korda sisters are lurking near the top of the leaderboard after day 1 - Nelly 1 stroke off the lead at -4 and Jessica at -3. Also nice to see recently signed Callaway staffer Yuka Saso 1 stroke off the lead!

Coverage starting now on Golf Channel.

I'll watch tonight. C'mon Nelly!!!

Conditions are a little moist at Lake Nona today. Some of the celeb players are really struggling with it.

Conditions are a little moist at Lake Nona today. Some of the celeb players are really struggling with it.

the weather sucks here today. a little rain. but cold and humid with a little wind.

the weather sucks here today. a little rain. but cold and humid with a little wind.
Must be, they’re all dressed like they’re playing in Minnesota instead of Florida!

Looks like Nelly will be taking a one stroke lead over Danielle Kang and Gaby Lopez into Sunday. Annika holds a 2 point lead (Modified Stableford format) in the celeb division, with former MLB pitcher Derek Lowe chasing her down.

Last edited:
Gaby -15 at the moment and in the lead.

Gaby -15 at the moment and in the lead.
She has it today and Nelly is a bit off her game. Brooke Henderson and Danielle Kang keeping Gaby on her toes.

Brooke just dropped a nice birdie putt to close the gap a little. 💣

I'm a big Brooke fan! Love watching!

I’m a Brooke fan too, she’s fun to watch and I think it’s cool that her sister is her caddie.

i was lucky enough to carry the scoreboard for Brooke's group in Green Bay a couple years ago. She hardly said a word during the round but was sweet when she gave me an autographed ball after.EAF343AD-50F8-4265-AEFB-C5CE9E0440BA.jpeg739087A0-8EA4-4712-B6F1-2016003CC9A5.jpeg

Gaby drops a stroke, Danielle Kang now has the solo lead.

Annika is a treasure. I don’t care what division she’s playing in or how she’s doing, she’s just fun to watch. She’s still such a competitor, but has such a positive, fun demeanor while she’s doing it.

Danielle with a birdie for a two stroke lead after 14.

Oof, two bad shots in a row for Brooke. She either topped her FW or the ball caught in the rough in front of it, then hit her approach shot left left of the green into the caca.

Nelly is grinding today, but it’s just not quite there. Little margins make big difference on Tour!

Danielle with three birdies in a row to open up a 3 stroke lead!

In the celeb division, Derek Lowe (retired MLB pitcher) has some serious game. I believe they said earlier that he’s a 0.2 ‘cap.

I’m a Brooke fan too, she’s fun to watch and I think it’s cool that her sister is her caddie.
@Snowman you don't see too many female caddies these days in the LPGA. I also appreciate Brooke's modesty.

Congratulations to DK on the win!

Congratulations to DK on the win!
Great win by Danielle! Brooke battled her way to a solo 2nd, Gaby fell back to 3rd, Nelly T4 with Celine Boutier.

Back