Codyc123

Reaction score
Just wanted to bounce something off you guys.... anyone with m6 irons notice they wear horribly? I've had 4-aw for a year now and I clean them after every round but the heads already look worse than the 10 or so year old tour edge clubs they replaced. I justified spending the money because I got 10 years out of my last iron set but its not looking so good right now.

Thoughts?

Do you hit a lot of range balls where it's sandy? That is usually the biggest culprit of wearing out clubs. I'm not familiar with those irons thought so if that not the case then I'm not sure why you would be seeing more wear. You should post a pic of both.

Not really on the range balls, other than a simulator I've used them at the range maybe 3 times. Not just the faces, the markings are wearing off and the bag chatter is much worse. I'll have to get ahold of the tour edge irons I gave them to a friend when I bought the m6 set. Could be normal, just disappointed in it, I never took care of the old bazookas but a decade later they still look great. I figured for the price difference they would be as good or better.

Just wanted to bounce something off you guys.... anyone with m6 irons notice they wear horribly? I've had 4-aw for a year now and I clean them after every round but the heads already look worse than the 10 or so year old tour edge clubs they replaced. I justified spending the money because I got 10 years out of my last iron set but its not looking so good right now.

Thoughts?
Not shocked at all. I had the M2's and had to return them because the speed pockets kept collapsing. People also had the face slots collapsing too. And then yes on top of that the issues you are explaining I had issues also.

If you actually go to the TM M6 page the reviews are dismal at best due to the concerns you are raising.

Its a shame really because honestly I hit the M2's very well, and have not played irons as well since. But the quality issues is really far behind compared to all the other companies out there.

I see, I thought you were meaning wear on the face which would be a bigger concern for me. The wear on the markings and bag chatter sucks as we all like shiny new clubs but at least it's not effecting the playability. I have old Cobras that show they have been used but the face it still in good shape. Grooves are a little worn but not too bad.

Wear on the face as well just the whole head in general, the shafts and grips look great. Nothing different performance wise I was just was curious if this was odd or what to expect. Only the second set I've owned so I can only compare to the last set.

I tested the M5 and M6 out for a short period of time, and I definitely noticed this wear. Compared to a Srixon that got the same usage, both the M5 and M6 showed a lot more surface scratches, and face wear. I enjoyed playing the M5 and M6, but the wear was not up to par.

I tested the M5 and M6 out for a short period of time, and I definitely noticed this wear. Compared to a Srixon that got the same usage, both the M5 and M6 showed a lot more surface scratches, and face wear. I enjoyed playing the M5 and M6, but the wear was not up to par.
Well that's not what I wanted to hear....

I bought a set of M6s last year and I’ve been extremely happy with them. Granted, they’ve seen mostly range time as I’m slowly getting back in the game. I can’t really vouch for wear issues, but they are certainly still way better clubs than my horrible swing deserves.

Hoping to get another year or two out of them as my game continues to improve. Then, I hope to be good enough for a full fitting and see what comes out on top.

Well that's not what I wanted to hear....
With that said, I still enjoyed the way they played. I didnt test them out long enough to know if the face wear impacted performance, or was cosmetic only. If you can get by how they look, I mean they are irons that are meant to get dirty, I still think they are good clubs.

They still seem to play as they did new so im not trading them in over how they look anytime soon. I was 50/50 on them or the g400s I tried, my fault for not reading reviews first

They still seem to play as they did new so im not trading them in over how they look anytime soon. I was 50/50 on them or the g400s I tried, my fault for not reading reviews first
I will agree that they are a good iron performance wise. I enjoyed testing them out, and hit a lot of great shots with them!

Just don't hit too many shots. The box should read "any clubs used outside of the fitting process will be at the user's risk"

Back