MacKenzie Golf Bags - Anyone Gaming?

dduarte85

Reaction score
Handicap
I have two of the ballistic nylon bags. Bought them both used. Well made. Comfortable to carry. Probably not worth the money.

I used to have one of the leather bags. Also bought it used. Preferred the nylon bags, so I sold it.

Never seen on sale, they make great stuff. I will someday own a Sunday walker

If you want something similar (if going nylon) Jones bags are much cheaper.

The Jones Players is probably the closest and is on my radar. Definitely more affordable. Anyone playing one - what do you like/dislike about it? Think it is structured so it would do better on a cart when you ride. Also heard they’re bringing back the Rover carry bag with 2 straps and more pockets...

Better bags at better prices elsewhere if you ask me. Sorry to say.....

The Jones Players is probably the closest and is on my radar. Definitely more affordable. Anyone playing one - what do you like/dislike about it? Think it is structured so it would do better on a cart when you ride. Also heard they’re bringing back the Rover carry bag with 2 straps and more pockets...

I have Jones Classic and Rover. I do not own a players.

Classic is not structured. Rover and Players are structured. I like the Rover for the backpack straps and number of pockets to help organize everything. Dislike for both of them is the lack of water bottle holder. Players has one. You can use an umbrella to give the classic structure.

If you can only get one bag, Players has structure, good size pockets (you will need something to organize though) and a water bottle pocket. The Rover is more functional with the additional pockets. The classic is well classic.

clicked the link, clicked on a couple and seen the price. not sure what id use one for and id have to have a disposable income.

Think I'll wait for. the reintroduction of the Rover in June. I like the idea of dual straps (although I think it can be used single strap - right?) and the extra pockets. I will likely use it for a <14 club carry set when I walk. I have a C-130 for when I ride.

Think I'll wait for. the reintroduction of the Rover in June. I like the idea of dual straps (although I think it can be used single strap - right?) and the extra pockets. I will likely use it for a <14 club carry set when I walk. I have a C-130 for when I ride.
Yes can be used with a single strap, but it's more designed for the two strap setup. The straps are not as padded as the classic.

I love the look of these. They just are not worth it in my opinion. It is supposed to be a more simple bag than what we currently use but then it is at a much higher price point. Just doesnt make sense to me.

Absolutely stunning. Especially the Special 13 and 14. But yikes, that’s a lot of greens fees!

Back