Magic genie grants a wish - eliminate one shot from your repertoire

obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
So if you had the chance to eliminate one (but only one) shot forever, what would it be?
Duck hook? Gone
Shank? Never again
Banana slice? Nope

For me it would be the bladed wedge. I know there are worse misses in golf, but this one bites me in the @#$ too often. I'd be a happier man without ever screaming a 60 yard pitch long and gone.

I know it is not listed, but missed putts here too. The quickest way to shave off strokes in a game.

Bladed wedge is a good one.

I hate a soft fadey iron that ends short and right when I quit on a swing. That shot has got to go.

Missed putts are the answer, but does that encompass every type of missed putt?

I’ll go with banana slice, otherwise.

Missed putts are the answer, but does that encompass every type of missed putt?

I’ll go with banana slice, otherwise.
Yeah missed putt wasn’t really meant to be a choice since that’s so generic. You can push putts, pull them, hit em fat, blow em past the hole, etc. but my question was vague so it’s realy my fault

Pulled irons from the short grass. The kind that end up ten yards long and god knows how far left. Hate wasting a good drive!

Eliminate my slice. Its my most common mishit.

Eliminate the slice and I'm golden.

chunked wedge is the worst for me, then missing a 4 footer for par, birdie, eagle, double

No fatties! lol

For me it would be would most appreciated if any kind of slice could be eliminated. :ROFLMAO:

The hook.

duffed chip and it may not even be a duff but when ive got a 30 foot chip and it goes 10 feet..

duffed chip and it may not even be a duff but when ive got a 30 foot chip and it goes 10 feet..
I think this is one that even elite players suffer with. Good one.

2+ putts and I'll be good :cool:

I saw that X-Files episode. You're supposed to wish for the genie to have freedom. Because

1) eliminate duck hook => get banana slice
2) eliminate banana slice => get duck hook
3) eliminate shanks => top shots
4) no more missed putts => bladed wedge shots

So give the genie freedom and practice.

Can I say any shot that doesn't go where I want it? I feel that would be a good wish and I might be able to play a decent game of golf then.

I’d get rid of the driver swing where my face is wide open coming down into impact and there is no saving it

Push slice with the driver. I would drop 6 strokes instantly.

The low left shot. It's so frustrating and makes you just scratch your head and go what on Earth did I just do wrong there?

The pull hook.

Back