Magnet or Velcro Putter Cover

I generally prefer magnet, but have a really nice leather putter cover with a beefy Velcro clasp. That's about my only caveat, though. I won't take the POS Velcro cover for my Studio Style on the course, as I'm convinced it'll get lost.

The covers for my Carbon and Odyssey that I game are both Magnetic.

The magnetic cover on my Odyssey Tank 1W actually broke, too. The magnets ripped through the fabric of the closure, rendering it useless.

Magnet for me. They tend to hold up pretty well over time plus I like that I can stick the magnet to the cart frame or my irons when I go to the green (if I am actually on or near enough to the green that I don't have to take wedges and a putter). Less likely to lose if it is hanging where I can see it.

I have a few different covers-some magnet, some Velcro.
Much prefer the magnet
Not a big fan of that RIIIIIP

a good magnet 8 days a week :sneaky:

Cleaner, neater, doesn't wear out

I've got OEM covers with both types (Velcro for blade-style TM, Cleveland mid-mallets; magnets for Odyssey large mallets), but don't really prefer one to the other. I've never had the problems listed here with Velcro.

Magnet. I just lost one with Velcro.

🧲

Magnet is the way to go but current Cameron is velcro.

I guess I'm not sure why anyone would prefer a Velcro cover. It can scratch the finish, wears out and is sometimes harder to open. I'm in the magnet camp big time.

What brand of putter cover with a magnet exists for a center shafted Spider X? The one that came with the putter from TM sucks and the Velcro is all pulling away from the cover and barely stays on.

What brand of putter cover with a magnet exists for a center shafted Spider X? The one that came with the putter from TM sucks and the Velcro is all pulling away from the cover and barely stays on.

Finding a magnetic cover for a center shafted putter is a chore. I used an old Snake Eyes cover on my center shafted putters for a long time. Eventually, the magnets came out and it's outlived its usefulness now.

Which do you prefer?

Magnet or Velcro on the putter headcover?

Gotta be magnet...

velcro is so oh, '90's.

Velcro don't last. Magnet do.

I like velcro for blade putters and magnetic for mallets. I have had a couple magnetic blade covers that would fall off.

For sure magnet. I won’t actually game a Velcro. Those are strictly for collection if I really like a cover.

magnet, hate the ripping sound of velcro

Really depends. I like a magnet on a mallet, if its on a blade it needs to be really strong. I have both and they work equally well.

I definitely think the magnet is the way to go. So much smoother, and quiet which is nice.

They’re both just fine.

Have both. The magnet ones always seem more secure a d just have a cleaner feel

Magnet for sure. Holds better and better closure.

After using the SWAG putter cover not sure I will go back to Velcro.

Magnet....all day long. Just hold and works better than Velcro plus lasts longer.

Back