Magnet or Velcro Putter Cover

Has anyone said Velcro? I mean magnet is indisputably better, cleaner, not scratching, hangs from irons, quicker, doesn't make annoying noise. etc. Magnet the answer.

Velcro all the way. I have never liked magnet closures. There is something rather satisfying about the sound of velcro ripping apart as you putt out your putter to drain a birdie putt.

Totally magnet.......

magnetic every time, I've used velcro before and it tears up the top of the bag where it rubs

I have both, prefer magnet as I can just stick it to clubs on my bag, but I always have alignment sticks to hang my woods headcovers on and can slide a veclro putter cover on that.

Can't stand the velcro. Starts coming unstitched or wears out next to it badly. Magnets all the way for me.

I used to be adamant about velcro because of 'quality' but that's changed a lot as companies improve their magnets and design.

Love some of the magnet offerings out there now.

I prefer magnet. I actually prefer magnets on all my headcovers. Best driver cover I've ever used had a magnetic closure.

Anybody that says velcro needs to get checked out. Mag all the way.

Magnet for me because I've torn a velcro one from too much use... Not seen a magnet wear out, although I guess it could be possible?:unsure:

Velcro so I know it's on and won't lose it...which I've done in the past

I like the magnet, but my Odyssey headcover falls off about once per round. I don't know how many times I've had to backtrack to find it.

MAGNET. So so much more. But, it needs to be a decent magnet. Nothing worse than a weak magnet...other than maybe Velcro 🤣

I would say magnet. For me, it's easier to use and provides a better, more consistent closure of the headcover on the putter.

I prefer the magnet. I have had velcro closures in the past and nearly tear the covers while removing them from the putter.

Magnet all the way.... To me it gives the vibe of better quality. I have 2 limited edition Bettinardi's and im shocked how crappy the head cover is

The SWAG covers on the other hand are top notch

I definitely prefer magnet.

Have both, but magnetic is better by a long shot. Velcro is only thing I don't like about my Scotty Cameron putter.

THP Hackers was my first magnet... Oh my what a great differentiation. All day magnets... went out and got another one and thinking of a third because you dont lose the magnet ones. They dont fall off

It would have been fun to see the poll that went along with this thread.

Back