Magnetic Bracelets...

MudFlap

Reaction score
Handicap
Trees
Anyone wear one?

I bought a Callaway Ion glove and the few rounds I've played wearing it so far my back hasn't seemed to stiffen up as much as before. Is this all in my head?

I'm thinking of picking up a magnetic bracelet to wear all the time now. If you wear one do you have any thoughts or recommendations?

I've seen them around!

I have one of those necklaces. Im looking at the wristband too lol. I'm not sure if its in my head too but I seem to be a bit more at ease. My elbow doesnt hurt as much either. Either way, I would have bought a necklace anyway. I'm interested to hear others opinions too.

I wore a Q-Ray bracelet for a long time. It "seemed" to work for me but I don't wear it anymore. Well, for back pain anyway. I still like the way it looks. For a long time their website and commercials touted it as a help for your back pain but they had a Class Action against themand they don't say it anymore. If it works it may be all in your head, but for 60 to 100 bucks or whatever, if your back doesn't hurt, then I say go for it. I've gone to a new gimmick that works for me most of the time: (http://www.getback2life.com/). All I know is I haven't gone to a chiropractor since I got it about a year ago and I used to need to go at least monthly.

Here's a couple of older threads on the subject:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?8159-Golf-Bracelets&highlight=bracelet
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?2518-Q-Link-Thoughts&highlight=bracelet

can't say that I do. I look at thigs like this as a 'placebo effect.' you think you're getting the benefits but you're really not since it's all in your head.

can't say that I do. I look at thigs like this as a 'placebo effect.' you think you're getting the benefits but you're really not since it's all in your head.

Me too thanks...I'm waiting for researchers to say that their predominent effect is to impair objective cognition. :D

If it works...it works though right? Not sure I really care why at this point...I NEED to golf more than once a week and more than 18 a day! haha.

If these do work does it matter what kind you get?

Total placebo effect, IMO.

I have a Power Balance bracelet. It's not magnetic, but some frequencies enbedded in a hologram. They have a few tests to show you that it works. You can find videos on youtube. I was skeptical until someone did the tests on me. I've tried the tests on several people and it doesn't work on everyone. It's supposed to give you better balance, strength and flexibility. Doing the tests on people was amazing though. You really could see a difference in people when they held the bracelet or not.

I dont use the bracelets, but do use the IOmic grips with negative ion whatnot...they truly have helped my sore hands after hitting balls.

i wear the phiten bracelets and i think it works but maybe thats just it, however if they work bc of the placebo or they really work, isn't it still working?

I have a Phiten necklace. Im sure its all mental but if it makes you think positive, why not?

I too have the Phiten necklace. I don't feel as tired as I did when playing.
I also used to get headaches if I played 18 holes or more in the heat.
However, I have played twice in the mid-90's this summer and nothing.
So, to me more fact than fiction.

I have wore the Trion Z bracelet for over a year, does it do anything, don't really know but I just think it looks cool!!!

If you wear one made for women will you grow boobs?

I'm wearing my Phiten necklace now. I just moved my keys without touching them. Really though, I can't say if its all mental but I don't feel the pain in my elbows right now.

I have one of those Phiten necklaces too. Servers crash as I walk by and data gets erased. Sometimes I even hear the servers talking.

Along with their healing properties (which I actually love despite my joking) they bring great responsibility. Please OEM, use it well.

On a side note, does anyone know where to get some deals on these? PGA SS $25-$35 for the Phiten type ones. They have just regular bracelet (looks like a livestrong one) for $5 but not sure about. These also have some magnetic ones for $7.
I have one of those Phiten necklaces too. Servers crash as I walk by and data gets erased. Sometimes I even hear the servers talking.

Along with their healing properties (which I actually love despite my joking) they bring great responsibility. Please OEM, use it well.

On a side note, does anyone know where to get some deals on these? PGA SS $25-$35 for the Phiten type ones. They have just regular bracelet (looks like a livestrong one) for $5 but not sure about. These also have some magnetic ones for $7.

theyre not cheap. My gf's son ordered himself one of the braided ones like the baseball players wear and that thing was something like $55!! But he proceded to tear up the all star league and says its all the phiten!! Who knew!!!

Psychological or not, something to be said for results! Congrats to your gf's son on that!
theyre not cheap. My gf's son ordered himself one of the braided ones like the baseball players wear and that thing was something like $55!! But he proceded to tear up the all star league and says its all the phiten!! Who knew!!!

My Dad wore a copper bracelet to help his elbow pain. He claimed it worked. I have tried the Phiten. I didn't notice any benefits.

These bracelets remind of that urban legend about a dude that catches a ride in a train car and freezes to death because he THINKS its so cold but it really was 90* or something. The power of the mind!!

Back