Mailtime! Unboxing the new Edel SMS Wedges

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
A couple of months ago we did a full review of the Edel SMS Wedges. In the video we had Chris Koske from Edel Golf in the THP Tech Studio walking us through the design as well as hitting some shots in the simulator and showing what happens when the weights are adjusted. If you missed that, you can catch it here.

After that review was published, it was time to upgrade so after some careful consideration to the grind options available, I placed an order for a set and they have arrived.

With the Edel SMS wedges available now, what are your thoughts on them? The heavier weight placement for me was noted in the video and why, but where would it be for you?

Continue reading...

Nice!

Beautiful looking wedges.

Beautiful Dan.

Love those Edel wedges!

These are great looking wedges. I would love to try them.

Beautiful premium looking wedges.

I wonder if the changing of weights will grow into other companies? I like the idea of adjustability and always wondered if that could be moved to irons or wedges.

Really enjoyed this, REALLY excited to share thoughts though. I’m pretty enamored by my set. So very good.

Very cool wedges, and love the milled pattern on the top of the head. Excited to hear more as you get them out on the course!

I've been curious about these since first hearing about them. I've worked on my alignment, swing, etc., but still tend to be left of my intended target with a wedge. I'm sure it has everything to do with the clubhead at impact, and I can't help but wonder if a simple weighting adjustment would be enough to help fix this minor flaw.

love seeing the extended face grooves but stopping just short so you get that parallel line effect when using it with a square face. That's always been the big thing that's irked me about full face wedges.

So buttery-looking! I can only imagine what they'll feel like when you starting hitting them! Have fun!

I was fortunate enough to get fit for a set of these at a THP Experience and I was blown away. The difference in feel just by moving a weight was pretty eye-opening. It has been raining seemingly every day, so I haven't gotten mine out to the practice green or on the course, but I'm playing on the 4th and plan on getting these wedges into some grass finally.

@MSEASU havd you settled on a preferred weight locations in your set?

Beautiful design on those. I love these scoring lines on the sole. Fine tuning the perimeter weighting in the ports is a phenomenal feature.

Great looking wedges...

I have wedge envy these days. I need to do a wedge fitting.

Last hole yesterday, so first full round with them. gap wedge in hand, dropped it to kick in distance.

yeah, I think I’m going to enjoy these.

Really good looking wedges and love the adjustability.

Nice looking wedges ... it even pays to get fitted for your wedges as well. Hit it to kick in distance first time out .... yeah, you were fitted properly. (y)

Those look so good and the tech has me intrigued to give them a try.

@Canadan was pretty deadly with these the last few days.

Back