Status
Not open for further replies.

GolfFest

#THCE18
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Time
Seems the link to the forums I’m the app doesn’t work. I may have to figure out how to fix it. Does the new vbulletin have a mobile api to tie into yet?

2BFAST

Wiener Dog
Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending..
Not gonna lie, I logged in and thought "now whats my computer doing to me now" lol

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
9 (9.2)
Initial impressions in terms of looks, I think it looks okay, but I am not a fan of the navigation and functionality

Maybe it is how I was used to the old forum, but a number of things don't seem to function the way they did in the old forum and I am not a fan of how they now work

Biggest thing I am not a fan of is the new posts function as it shows every thread regardless of whether it has been read or not
For example, I am not interested in the marketplace forum, so in the old forum whenever there were a load of posts showing in the new posts function I would go to the forum and mark it as read and then those threads would no longer appear when I clicked on the new posts option, but now it seems that they will always appear in the list and have to be scrolled past

Last edited:

YukonLiving

2019 Small Batch
Reaction score
Handicap
GolferGal;n8873715 said:
So when you weren't logged in you couldn't read the main page from the web? If so, what browser were you using?
All I could see was basic black and white text, with some being blue underlined clickable links on a white background. No pictures, and ad boxes said “invalid URL”.

This morning, the home page displayed a yellow box saying the URL was invalid. Same box appeared after sign-in. No other info other than the banner was displayed.

Using iOS.

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
YukonLiving;n8874427 said:
All I could see was basic black and white text, with some being blue underlined clickable links on a white background. No pictures, and ad boxes said “invalid URL”.

This morning, the home page displayed a yellow box saying the URL was invalid. Same box appeared after sign-in. No other info other than the banner was displayed.

Using iOS.
Can you provide a screenshot?

93civiccpe

Reaction score
Handicap
Tapatalk has weird issues for me but the mobile web version of the site looks awesome. My PM's aren't working in Tapatalk but that app has had so many issues over the last year that I'm looking forward to the dedicated mobile app. (I only started using Tapatalk due to ease of updates and picture uploads at events at the advice of others).

Jman

#JakeNation
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm just happy we finally get to see the death of Tapatalk.

Its change, no one likes change initially even when its necessary, but in the end it always works out. I'm already acclimating to things here, and I think once the app rolls out we see even more comfort.

rallo

#FYF
Reaction score
Handicap
goodenough
Jman;n8874514 said:

Its change, no one likes change initially even when its necessary, but in the end it always works out. I'm already acclimating to things here, and I think once the app rolls out we see even more comfort.
Agreed, tapatalk has been spotty at best, I'm ready to move on

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

radiman

Reaction score
Handicap
I am really digging the clean look of the desktop site. Just getting used to where everything is. I think it looks a lot better personally. Mobile is iffy on the navigation at this point. But, knowing that a mobile app is the end game, I am not too concerned about it.

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
9 (9.2)
Jman;n8874514 said:

I just hope the mobile app is better than the previous THP app that was released and is supported on the Android platform as much as iOS

Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 14
Jman;n8874514 said:

FWIW I use Tapatalk for dozens of other internet forums and THP was the only that I saw the majority of the issues people discussed. I for one will miss the functioning Tapatalk version.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
SlightDraw;n8874610 said:
FWIW I use Tapatalk for dozens of other internet forums and THP was the only that I saw the majority of the issues people discussed. I for one will miss the functioning Tapatalk version.
Vanilla forums with virtually no plugins will have very few issues with Tapatalk. Ones like ours, with a ton of functionality and privacy built in, will have the same issues that our members saw. Both of these things are areas where we believe our forum excels and will continue to implement to give the end user a more enjoyable experience.

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Appears to be an issue with apostrophes and quotation marks being replaced with different characters. They're showing up as squares on my screen. I'm on a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 and accessing via Google Chrome.

"test quotation marks"

5150's test apostrophe

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
5150;n8874719 said:
Appears to be an issue with apostrophes and quotation marks being replaced with different characters. They're showing up as squares on my screen. I'm on a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 and accessing via Google Chrome.

"test quotation marks"

5150's test apostrophe
Funny, didn't see the issue this time. Perhaps it's fixed, or intermittent.

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GolferGal;n117037 said:
[*]The bar under people's names is their reputation.
Maybe I missed this elsewhere, but what drives the reputation rating?

Big SoIL

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It’ll take some getting used to, but t I’m really looking forward to seeing the final product after all the kinks are worked out. I always used Safari because I never cared for Tapa so this is quite a different look for me. Onward and upward though.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Big SoIL;n8874744 said:
It’ll take some getting used to, but t I’m really looking forward to seeing the final product after all the kinks are worked out. I always used Safari because I never cared for Tapa so this is quite a different look for me. Onward and upward though.
If you are using Safari, you will get used to the new spacing pretty quickly. And you will really like what is coming.

Jman

#JakeNation
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
JB;n8874749 said:
If you are using Safari, you will get used to the new spacing pretty quickly. And you will really like what is coming.
I actually switched to safari this morning while the kids were eating breakfast and it helped me visually a good deal.

Duffer Waldorf

President, Carl Carmoni Fan Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12.2 (GG)
The fact that you pulled off a major upgrade and had the new place anything close to resembling the old place in both looks and functionality is a major win, and a lot more than some other places can say recently.

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
KEV;n8873793 said:
Does anyone else suddenly have a ton of subscriptions? It looks like I now have 580 subscriptions and I definitely haven't subscribed to that many threads. I thought you might want to know about that.
Yeah, I appear to be subscribed to many threads that I posted in prior to the upgrade but did not subscribe to.

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GolferGal;n8874727 said:
I believe it is tied into previous Thanks and now likes.
Where can I find the tally of previous thanks (now likes)? I ask because:
  • I've been a member since 2015 with over 2,000 posts and at least a decent amount of thanks, and
  • My reputation bar is at zero
I'm not worried about my reputation bar - instead I'm wondering if that functionality is working correctly.

Been in project management in the software dev space for about, oh, 20 years now, so I tend to take an interest in deployments like this. Cheers!

Parrot

Reaction score
Handicap
LoFT
I've scanned the pages and may have have overlooked it but is multi-quote hidden somewhere?

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
5150;n8874803 said:
Where can I find the tally of previous thanks (now likes)? I ask because:
  • I've been a member since 2015 with over 2,000 posts and at least a decent amount of thanks, and
  • My reputation bar is at zero
I'm not worried about my reputation bar - instead I'm wondering if that functionality is working correctly.

Been in project management in the software dev space for about, oh, 20 years now, so I tend to take an interest in deployments like this. Cheers!
Im curious as well as I had the 3rd or 4th most "thanks" all time...not that it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in