I think my favorite part of the whole video was at the end when he tricked me into trying to cheat the system. Absolutely got me hahahaha

It's so hard to keep an open mind when you head the story and try to understand it - Going in with an open mind and a fresh perspective into a fitting is absolutely critical.

I would have loved to hear him discuss what a mark or dot(s) on the top line and mark(s) on the flange does for my lying eyes. I assume it's reinforcement of one or the other.

I never knew those marks worked that way. Mnd blown.

I would have loved to hear him discuss what a mark or dot(s) on the top line and mark(s) on the flange does for my lying eyes. I assume it's reinforcement of one or the other.

I never knew those marks worked that way. Mnd blown.
Well here's what was so curious for me.... I regularly game a product that aims one way, with an alignment that encourages an aim to another way - It's an unintentional balancing act.

Makes me ponder so aggressively haha

Well here's what was so curious for me.... I regularly game a product that aims one way, with an alignment that encourages an aim to another way - It's an unintentional balancing act.

Makes me ponder so aggressively haha
Dan, you're a great golfer (you're handicap speaks on that so just go with it) and choose a top line blade. Do you think your body/eye sight has naturally adjusted/compensated to what you like in how you putt? The video clearly shows you "should" be playing a different sight alignment than what you are and like. If you were to make the change, do you think it would be an easy change or would you want to switch back?

BTW, great video. It really makes me want to get a putter fitting now as that is one of the worst parts of my game.

Dan, you're a great golfer (you're handicap speaks on that so just go with it) and choose a top line blade. Do you think your body/eye sight has naturally adjusted/compensated to what you like in how you putt? The video clearly shows you "should" be playing a different sight alignment than what you are and like. If you were to make the change, do you think it would be an easy change or would you want to switch back?

BTW, great video. It really makes me want to get a putter fitting now as that is one of the worst parts of my game.
I'm a bit unsure, honestly. As you see in the video, with a blade shape (that aims a touch left) and my preferred setup of a sight dot or line (which helps aim right) you'll see at about 6:25 in the video that top line balances me back to on line perfectly.

The question for me is more about "how long have I been using the right or wrong setup to know that's my spot"? I know that with my setup on SAM Putt I set up a touch closed, and make contact a touch open - Does a setup from Edel create a more neutralized condition?

Hard to say. Super curious, but I can't state a fact I'm not aware of haha

does watching this video make any of you;

1- want an Edel putter fitting at Club Champion
2- Seriously question your head/alignment setup

Yeah, me either :oops::ROFLMAO:

It makes me want to strap a frickin laser on my putt out and buy a tiny mirror. then go through my putter collection.

Really nice visual for understanding alignment bias. Amd how it can be adjusted for.

did the round shape have anything to do with the shift right? Or just the ability to move the line further back?

It is quite the mind bender to witness lasers while working with putting and alignment. I urge everybody to try something like this out.

Simple answer is yes and after todays round YES.

Awesome video... Never thought about aim bias like this before.

It makes me want to strap a frickin laser on my putt out and buy a tiny mirror. then go through my putter collection.
Hah - since watching I have been thinking about how I could replicate at home with a presentation pointer.

It is quite the mind bender to witness lasers while working with putting and alignment. I urge everybody to try something like this out.
I'm gonna borrow a laser level from one of my buddies tomorrow.....

Awesome video... Never thought about aim bias like this before.
Yeah, I thought it had everything to do with eye dominance. Didn't think it would be more complex than that, but clearly there's logic involved.

So I did the laser about 90001&3784 today and the most interesting aspect is how much it aligns with my putter fitting from last year.

I've thought about an Edel fitting for the last year or so. I think I'm at least a halfway decent putter, but you always wonder if there's something more....

I've thought about an Edel fitting for the last year or so. I think I'm at least a halfway decent putter, but you always wonder if there's something more....
Between what I worked with Koske on during the video, and what SAM showed me at Club Champion, it was nice to (at the very least) get a complete understanding of what works for my stroke and WHY. That's not expressed enough I don't think.

This is too cool. And too mindbending. I crave more putting gadgets!

Between what I worked with Koske on during the video, and what SAM showed me at Club Champion, it was nice to (at the very least) get a complete understanding of what works for my stroke and WHY. That's not expressed enough I don't think.
It's very interesting how the alignment aids affect your aim, I never would have thought it made that kind of difference. Especially just moving the alignment line from the top to the flange, it seems like such an insignificant thing. Great video!

Wow, enlightening for sure! I need to find a laser...

Too bad it's not that easy to get a true Edel fitting anywhere near me. I recently went to CC for a fitting, as they have the full Edel cart. Specified in registration that I wanted an Edel fit. The fitter only used SAMM ( which I've had in the last and didn't need again), talked badly about how different Edel was. He tried to fit me into Edel without using Edel's method, so at that point I gave up, as I knew even if I bought the Edel, I would always question the fit. Unfortunately, Edel's website isn't updated with fitter's, many in my area have moved on. I will someday find a reputable fitter and make the journey as I've wanted to go through his process for quite a while. I've heard that GolfTec also has the Edel cart but need to stop in one day and find out what process they actually use. Will never go to CC again for anything.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Fantastic video and visual.... my head is swimming with thoughts about my putter set up after seeing the laser visual and wondering when I can get to CC for an Edel fitting....

Have been testing this out quite a bit the last couple of days. My putter fitting at CC kind of nailed it for me

Back