Making my own new R11 shaft

thepete

Reaction score
Handicap
+3
I've got a Diamana Blueboard sitting around in an FT Tour and I wanna stick it in my R11. First I need an R11 adapter - I guess ebay is the best choice, any seller in particular you guys recommend? Most Euro-based ones are shipping from China and that seems like a good way to get a bogus product to me.

Second, I see some are selling the new sleeves as well. I assume the adapters for the new models (ie RBZ, R11S) won't fit in an R11 head? I might end up with an RBZ/R11S in a few months and it would be nice to try them with the Diamana as well.

Appreciate all the help guys. Thank you.

Don't go with China based sellers, you will end up with bad products. I agree with the previous post, go to Golfsmith and get a trusted stuff.

Thanks guys, will order one from Golfsmith.

I have not read anything that leads me to think that the R9/R11 adapters already out there would not be the same as the RBZ or R11S clubs. From the photos I've seen, it looks like they are the same. The R9 adapter is labelled differently than the R11, but will still work.

I love that about taylormade. I bought a R11 TP Matrix HD6 shaft for much less than retail and it fits my R9 and will probably fit the rbz I will get next month. If it doesn't fit I will look at the 910 d2 because I like the stoxk shafts they offer.

True, you can find any shaft from taylormade and use it in any club they make. I have f1 motore that has seen 2 drivers and it still performs like a champ. I can't wait to give a r11s a try, I heard that new phenom shaft is similar to rip beta.

Pete, I buy my tips from a seller on eBay named will_pga. I buy a few at a time and he will discount if you buy five or more. You can reuse tips but I don't like to.

Sent from my forged iPad

I have not read anything that leads me to think that the R9/R11 adapters already out there would not be the same as the RBZ or R11S clubs. From the photos I've seen, it looks like they are the same. The R9 adapter is labelled differently than the R11, but will still work.

That's what I was thinking - then I might as well buy one of the new sleeves.

That's what I was thinking - then I might as well buy one of the new sleeves.

I bought one of the new sleeves and it works perfectly in the R11.

Make sure you get a .350 adapter for the shaft out of the FT Tour.

FT Tour has a .350 hosel id.

Well, that sucks. Literally 1 hour after I bought the sleeve. Oh well, my friend has a Blue Board in his Titleist D-something and they're .335. I'll use that instead.

Well, that sucks. Literally 1 hour after I bought the sleeve. Oh well, my friend has a Blue Board in his Titleist D-something and they're .335. I'll use that instead.

Where'd you buy it? Cancell it and buy a .350 sleeve.

I know somebody that happens to have a .335 63g Blueboard layin' around.

whistling_boy1.jpg

I know somebody that happens to have a .335 63g Blueboard layin' around.

whistling_boy1.jpg

Appreciate it, but I use the 69 gram :)

Besides, not gonna pony up for a shaft when I don't have to. I'll just pull it from the Titleist.

Pete, sorry for the delay here but isnt there a TM performance lab somewhere near you? I thought there was for some reason

Pete, sorry for the delay here but isnt there a TM performance lab somewhere near you? I thought there was for some reason

Yeah, there is. Probably going there to check out the RBZ/R11S in spring. Why?

Yeah, there is. Probably going there to check out the RBZ/R11S in spring. Why?

I would assume they have an adapter there you could buy.

as for taking the shaft out, yes, I hear its a pain and they usually charge a bit more to take shafts out of Callaway clubs

Back