Mallet users: what's your preferred head style?

RipRMgoo

Reaction score
2-ball
7/fang
10/spider
And many more

What does everyone like?

Last edited:
10 looks great to me but I’ve never used one. My favorite mallet right now is the Toulon Seattle. Bit of an interesting mallet shape

I'm a big fan of the Ten shape, but don't mind the Seven either.

7 but in the frontline elevado...it's the 7 of 7's.

Spider bite !!

I am more of a traditional mallet shape guy. I have a Bettinardi BB45 and like the Queen B as well. The Scotty Flowback 5 is another one I like.

Another vote for the 7 shape, but the Mizuno M-Craft VI version, in blue, has to be the best in that shape (love the Clevelands too).

My favorite is the mid-mallet shape with fangs, so like the V-line Fang/Toulon portland. Few companies have them though, like Scotty and Betti too. But, true mallets there are a few I enjoy.

Spider X
standard Round like the V-line

I like the 7 and 10 styles a lot.

I enjoy a traditional mid mallet.

Last edited:
I use the odyssey 7 s putter the fang style appeals to me.

Played an Odyssey Rossi2 for years, got out of the mallet style for an Odyssey #9, now, back in it with a Ping Sigma G Tyne. I'd promised myself I'd never use a putter that looked like a Romulan Bird of Prey, but, here I am.

i like a lot of them.

toulon atlanta
odyssey jailbird mini
odyssey #7
odyssey #10

i’m currently gaming the odyssey marxman triple track. it ain’t pretty, but it’s so forgiving and has treated me excellently.

Love the looks of my Innovai 6.0, two wings I find better to look at than a fully closed mallet
I have the same putter, my first mallet that I’ve actually put I play for any length of time. The crescent neck gives it just the right amount of toe hang.
Bigger mallets are distracting for me.

I have the same putter, my first mallet that I’ve actually put I play for any length of time. The crescent neck gives it just the right amount of toe hang.
Bigger mallets are distracting for me.
I have the CS, recent switch is somewhat helping better centering of the ball

All of them? I started off with a standard 2ball, but have more recently been into the 7/fang shape. There's been a bunch of others through the carousel though. PING Ketsch, Marxman, you name it. As silly as it is, I actually do prefer one that I can pick up a ball with.

I’m a mid-mallet guy now… Full size mallet heads distract me a bit. I wanted something in between the Anser style and a full mallet. Went with the Scotty Squareback 2. So far, so good

Anything that looks like a spaceship!

I've used and been fond of the 2-ball, Spider, Mid-mallet, and LAB monstrosity.

10/Spider shape. It's been in the bag for 4 years now.

V line or #7 for me

Loving my Evnroll ER 5. Just put it in the bag a month ago, and putting better then I ever have.

Definitely drawn to the 7 shape, more specifically the V-Line fang shape, but my current Rossie-F has been a real confidence booster for me. I’m not a better putter mind you, just a more confident one 😁

Back