Maltby M Series+ 54 and 58

Popeye

Reaction score
Handicap
My previous wedges were the MG Tour 56 and the 60 and while they are high quality wedges,, as a digger the very thin sole was left in the turf more times than not. Taking epic divots was the norm

I needed some wider sole wedges and the M Series + in the mid sole is 1.06" wide. The MG tour is .725. So the wider sole while not extreme should go a long way to getting me through turf. The wider sole should be a lot friendlier and glide rather than dig. But I will lose the ability to really lay them open as I could with the MG Tour. I think the trade off will be well worth it. The DBM finish has really grown on me and my MG Tour were over 2 years old but still look great, nary a bag chatter mark and zero damage to the sole. S9 these should hold up extremely well.

I will have them in the Sim tomorrow and see how they spin and catalog distances. The lifts fit will with the Maltby TS series irons I am playing these days.

Looks wise they are gorgeous. I love the shape of the blade as well, well rounded, almost rear drop shape. Very easy on the eyes. I also prefer the yellow paint fill on these.

I have them in some KBS wedge shafts that I've had in play for a while.
9dd93c05d267bd1e9c44967451c46b6f.jpg
d8b66b7c1642a9f38cfbcfb41a39de1b.jpg
6e7a50ea06e413380b9da997067cbddd.jpg
69a347774ed7f8691afb51298ab4b3ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For $36 a head it's one of the best deals in golf.

After spending a week with these in the simulator I am very happy with the loft choices. 54 and 58 just seem to suit me far better than 56 and 60. Where I would struggle with the 56 to get a steady 90 yards out of it the 54 is easy. A distance that I always seem to be at. The 58 as a 50 yard club has been awesome. I like the bigger sole flange and I like the added loft.

Cant wait to get these out in the turf. Once the temps stay above the ice and snow stage.

The wedges look good and seem to be well received. The only issues are difficulty bending and not many grinds.

Dave

Well actually in this series alone there are three versions of sole grinds/shape and all sorts of lofts available. Then the MG Tour is a true tour grind. So you should be able find any sort of club you want. But yes they dont like to be bent anything more than a degree or they go snap. But on the flip side I measured the 56 after two years of play and it was still right at 56.
The wedges look good and seem to be well received. The only issues are difficulty bending and not many grinds.

Dave

Back