Maltby STi2 With Graphite Shafts

The only negative I can say about the Maltbys is the inability to try them without buying a club.

I modified my test write up. I remain confident that the 85g shaft in stiff with a more game improvement iron head should make my iron play better. The Mevo test did not demonstrate that, but I still think it is true.

I hit some balls in the backyard tonight and think the shaft profile is just right. I can feel it kick so I don't think it is too stiff.

I'll plan to go to the range and hit real balls. I would like this experiment to work. If what I am getting is truly the best I can then that is fine, but I think better is out there.

Dave

I bought my Tour + clubs with the idea of moving to graphite in a year or so. My hybrids are shafted with the Tour shaft in stiff and I get the same feel at impact. I think it’s a great shaft and will replace my fairway woods this winter or at least the shafts and will use the Maltby shaft.

I modified my test write up. I remain confident that the 85g shaft in stiff with a more game improvement iron head should make my iron play better. The Mevo test did not demonstrate that, but I still think it is true.

I hit some balls in the backyard tonight and think the shaft profile is just right. I can feel it kick so I don't think it is too stiff.

I'll plan to go to the range and hit real balls. I would like this experiment to work. If what I am getting is truly the best I can then that is fine, but I think better is out there.

Dave

After hitting the range and reconsidering, I don't think graphite is for me and I don't plan to buy the STi2 set.

I haven't shipped golf clubs in a while and I don't know what shipping a single iron will cost, but if there is someone who is genuinely interested in the STi2 in graphite and willing to potentially pay the shipping cost I will "pay it forward" and send this club to them. PM me if interested.

Golfworks build notes:

MA0317 RH #6 LOFT AT 28 AND LIE 1/2 DEGREE FLAT
ASSEMBLE MA0317 #6, MA0292 S, LK0139, 54PIS
FINISHED PLAY LENGTH 38 INCHES
SHAFT GRAPHICS: UP AND GRIP GRAPHICS DOWN
SWINGWEIGHT D1

Dave

I've played several rounds now and the Tour+ irons have performed well, tremendous backspin and accuracy while being very stable to hits toward the toe which is my usual miss.

Back