Maltby TS1, TS2, PTM, DBM, ERG X3, Dynacraft Prophet MB

Gumstar

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to buy new irons. I currently play Nike Vapor Fly and really like them. I got them when i played of Hcp 28. I'm currently at Hcp 15.1
I could ask the Pro at my golf club or local store and end up with a very nice but way too expensive set of OEM Clubs.
Here in Sweden I can buy from Nordicagolf who sells brands like Maltby, ERG, Dynacraft and Acer. I have been looking at their website. Only looking at pictures and reading whatever scarce online reviews there is of such clubs can only give you so much information. Therefore I wanted to ask if anyone here has experience with any of below models below.

Top budget
Maltby TS1
Maltby TS2

Midrange budget
ERG X3
Maltby PTM
Maltby DBM

Budget
Dynacraft Prophet MB

I am looking to get a steelshaft such as Apollo Acculite 95 regular flex or similar. I am quite budget minded.

On average i hit my driver 230 meters/251 yards and my 7 iron 140 meters/153 yards

Any reviews, information or tips is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Klaus

My Bag
Callaway XR 16 Driver, Stiff, 9.5 degrees
Callaway XR 4 wood, stiff
Adams Pro Hybrid, stiff, 20 degrees
Dynacraft 2 iron (driving iron) 18 degrees, reg. steel shaft
Irons Nike Vapor Fly, reg. steel shaft
50, 54, 58 degrees Acer XB Satin, reg. steel shaft
Taylormade Rossa Messa Monza Putter
All clubs fitted with Midsize Winn DriTrac grips and a Super Stroke on my putter.

Klaus,

I have owned all of them except the ERG. My distances are pretty similar to yours.

TS1/TS2 are excellent clubheads. In general, between those two I say if you can handle the thick top line of the TS2, choose that one. Performance wise, it is just a hair longer and more forgiving than the TS1. If a blade profile is more to your liking, the TS1 has the look and 99% of the TS2 performance. I do prefer the blade look, so I chose TS1.

PTM is my favorite feeling/looking of the bunch. But to me, it looks more game improvement to my eye and plays a little more GI as well. But if you don't mind it being a bit more game improvement, I think it really is in the sweet spot of good price and great looks and feel.

DBM is a solid head. But I am a high ball hitter and the DBM/TE just goes too high for me. If you are a low ball hitter, the DBM can help. If not, you can do better with the other choices on your list.

I played the Prophet MB for 6 months. It is a good performing head, but not particularly nice looking and looks aged pretty quickly. For a bargain head, consider the Maltby STi2. It is a really good head, amazing for the price. Even after playing the TS1 for a year, I decided to take a shot with a set of STi2 and have been very pleased. I highly recommend it as a bargain option. After 7 months, it is still in good shape. But if you are using a cheap steel, it might feel harsh. I use graphite, and the STi2 feels great with graphite.

Klaus,

I have owned all of them except the ERG. My distances are pretty similar to yours.

TS1/TS2 are excellent clubheads. In general, between those two I say if you can handle the thick top line of the TS2, choose that one. Performance wise, it is just a hair longer and more forgiving than the TS1. If a blade profile is more to your liking, the TS1 has the look and 99% of the TS2 performance. I do prefer the blade look, so I chose TS1.

PTM is my favorite feeling/looking of the bunch. But to me, it looks more game improvement to my eye and plays a little more GI as well. But if you don't mind it being a bit more game improvement, I think it really is in the sweet spot of good price and great looks and feel.

DBM is a solid head. But I am a high ball hitter and the DBM/TE just goes too high for me. If you are a low ball hitter, the DBM can help. If not, you can do better with the other choices on your list.

I played the Prophet MB for 6 months. It is a good performing head, but not particularly nice looking and looks aged pretty quickly. For a bargain head, consider the Maltby STi2. It is a really good head, amazing for the price. Even after playing the TS1 for a year, I decided to take a shot with a set of STi2 and have been very pleased. I highly recommend it as a bargain option. After 7 months, it is still in good shape. But if you are using a cheap steel, it might feel harsh. I use graphite, and the STi2 feels great with graphite.
Hi Sparky14,

Thank you so much for this. Definitely helps. I will them call and talk it over. Leaning towards TS1 or TS2.
I hit my Nike's too high so I am looking for something with a more penetrating ball flight.
Changed my mind on shafts and looking at FST Pro Stepless 115 or Apollo Phantom in regular flex.

Thanks again.

Finally ordered my TS2's today. 5-PW. Can't wait until they show up next week. It will be like Xmas in April :D:D:D

I have also got a set of the MMB-17 with FST Pro 125 Stepless shafts that are a fun & pretty set to play.

You will love the TS2's tho

My TS2 set finally arrived yesterday. Got the push notice for the parcel on hole 7 at my home course. Almost quite the round right there to go pick them up.
My current set has been doing all to stay in the bag and performed outstandingly 🤣
Will hit the range today and have a round booked for tomorrow. Can't wait 🏌️‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_20210430_134318944_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210430_134318944_HDR.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 64
One picture? Sheesh you really know how to keep an audience on the edge huh? :ROFLMAO:

Alrighty then. Here you go 🤣
Last two is TS2 and my old Nike Vapor Fly 7 irons

Attachments

• IMG_20210430_134506905_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210430_134506905_HDR.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210430_135202556.jpg
    IMG_20210430_135202556.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20210501_103837078.jpg
    IMG_20210501_103837078.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210501_103858932_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210501_103858932_HDR.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 44
The range test was an absolute orgasmic pleasure.
These TS2's are excellent buttery smooth rocket launchers. Now I am really excited about playing tomorrow 🏌️‍♂️🚀😄

The FST's were on backorder so I went with a Apollo regular steel shaft that I also use in my wedges. Excellent shaft at an unbeatable price. The poor man's TT 😂

I have a couple of Apollo xs shafts in some Byrdie Golf heads, I can get FST & love the Pro 125

Played the best round of my golf career today. 64 net strokes. 4 birdies, 7 pars. 28 puts on 18 holes.

My new TS2's are so amazing. I could not be happier 🐦🐦🐦🐦🏌️‍♂️😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210502-164925.png
    Screenshot_20210502-164925.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 25
Played the best round of my golf career today. 64 net strokes. 4 birdies, 7 pars. 28 puts on 18 holes.

My new TS2's are so amazing. I could not be happier 🐦🐦🐦🐦🏌️‍♂️😁
Still love the TS2’s?

Yes I do. They are brilliant

Sendt fra min IN2023 med Tapatalk

Good to hear! I’m thinking of a set with the TT Lite shaft, an incredible bargain at $12.

I just sent a demo TS-2 with Xcaliber RT85 to a potential convert.
Pxg fanboy but hey, maybe a convert?

Back