Man kicked off course for wearing black socks

Afizzle2100

Proud 2021 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

I’ll let y’all read for yourselves but this is so ridiculous. It’s Australia and weird stuff happens there all the time so I won’t make it a bigger general issue. I’d like to think I’d do as this guy did and just peacefully leave and not give them my business. however another small part of me would want to just take a dump on the practice green.

What is the world coming to

Thanks 2020!

Same thing happened to my old playing partner years ago, but his ankle socks were blue. It was at the club we were both members at. Pathetic!

I saw this earlier and although it's a stupid rule it happens to be the rule there.

I would have changed socks.

I wonder what @OldandStiff has to say about this. I think he was the one who told me that white socks were a no no.

I don't usually care about dress codes, but that is just stupid!

I'd love to see the gallery from the Waste Management take a trip to play there and see what happens.

I read this article the other day. That is the clubs rule, antiquated yes, but their rule. If you are a guest at a club you need to follow the rules and dress code.
Do I agree with it, no.

Serves him right, that obnoxious hooligan!

Rules are rules. Just curious, what is the reasoning behind white socks? Same as Wimbledon? Why not ban black shoes too?

Their rules are their rules, but this does seem a trifle anal.

I read this article the other day. That is the clubs rule, antiquated yes, but their rule. If you are a guest at a club you need to follow the rules and dress code.
Do I agree with it, no.

what a bummer that there's no other course the guy could play at...

is the rule stupid? absolutely. but just don't play there. or, if it's such a big deal to you to play there, buy some white socks.

I’ll let y’all read for yourselves but this is so ridiculous. It’s Australia and weird stuff happens there all the time so I won’t make it a bigger general issue. I’d like to think I’d do as this guy did and just peacefully leave and not give them my business. however another small part of me would want to just take a dump on the practice green.
Calling @OldandStiff... If you are at this club with our good friend, OldandStiff, you can wear neither white socks nor black socks. The choices narrow. 😂

Last edited:
Funny stuff. I wear black, white, gray, and multi colored socks when playing. Sometimes no socks when playing.

I have even played in knee high black socks, with shorts on. .

I support an appropriate dress code for golf. It is that type of structured game. That said, requiring a certain color of socks to be worn, or not worn is just ignorant.

was he wearing white shoes?? lol probably..
serves him right, they shouldve stopped him from even getting out of the car!

edit.. just read it he had black shoes..
they said buy white socks and wear them with the black shoes? punch that course in the eye and give them the finger for a fashion faux pas!

Silly but it's their rule.

I wonder what @OldandStiff has to say about this. I think he was the one who told me that white socks were a no no.
Burn it to the ground!

Or hide a pair of white ones in their golf bags so they can be properly educated on which color works for the devil.

Absolutely stupid rule but that is their rule so you must follow it if you want to play there.

Agree with most people here. It's a dumb rule but a rule.

My buddy is a member at Old Memorial GC and Palma Ceia (fancy courses down in fl with some funny rules)... When I go play with them at those courses while I may not agree with the rules, it's their course and I'm a guest, so I obey them. The First time I golfed at the course I asked them beforehand what the rules were (no cell phones in clubhouse was a big one) to make sure I follow them and ask if anything has changed when I go play again. They are dumb rules, but as a guest, you have to adhere to them.

If a club is private they can make almost whatever rules they want....as far as I know, but they are in Australia and I have no idea what the laws are there.

I agree silly rule. I would have bought a pair of white socks but white socks with black shoes is silly even if not wearing shorts.
I would've bought white shoes to go with my black socks to see their heads really spin.

Back