Mandalorian Season 2

Very good episode, but all the episodes seem similar. Dude lands somewhere, helps the locals and then flies to another plant.

Great episode last night!!! Grogu, clone wars mentioned, Yoda was mentioned. So many connections and so much foreshadowing! Loved it!

Wow. I loved season one, but the references to the Star Wars canon were more obscure. Now that they have started bringing in the likes of Bo Katan and Ashoka, it has gotten even better. I am going back through watching Clone Wars and Rebels. My wife loves the series, but has been really confused by the timeline. Not surprising considering how confused she was on the timeline of episode 1-6. I sent her this pic to help out
D5FFA67C-5982-452F-A2FB-65672C0B0892.jpeg

Finally caught up today. Really feel like I need to watch clone wars and rebels now.

Agree. I feel like I’m missing a bunch of references.

The animated shows are so good. It was an early Covid binge for me and totally worth it.

Agree, skipped those due to the animation but might need to revisit.
So many little pieces of information that helps. I’ve watched them and I’m watching Rebels again.

Also the only Jedi who could potentially sense the child’s force life would be Skywalker since this takes place after RTOJ and Luke is setting up his Jedi academy.

Also the only Jedi who could potentially sense the child’s force life would be Skywalker since this takes place after RTOJ and Luke is setting up his Jedi academy.
If Thrawn is still alive then don't forget about Ezra. He could sense Grogu

Interesting they said Grogu had already been trained by a few masters. Skywalker already trained?

Interesting they said Grogu had already been trained by a few masters. Skywalker already trained?

His training would have been during the Jedi academy prior to Anakin wiping them out. Too early for Luke.

So many little pieces of information that helps. I’ve watched them and I’m watching Rebels again.

Which order should I watch them in?

Agree, skipped those due to the animation but might need to revisit.
Same. I'm not a fan of animation, but it feels more and more necessary..

If Thrawn is still alive then don't forget about Ezra. He could sense Grogu
Could be. Rebels is 5yrs before ANH, and there are 4 years between ANH and ROTJ, then 5 years between ROTJ and The Mandalorian. So assuming Ezra is in his twenties when Rebels ends, then he’s in mid mid to upper 30’s during the Mandalorian timeline. He could very well sense the child.

He was in the Jedi temple training before Anakin wiped them out. So he’s had some training and it seems like now he’s suppressed some of that based on Ashoka’s comments.

Which order should I watch them in?
Disney+ has a top 20 episodes to watch to give a sense of the timeline, but I would watch all of them if you have time

I read two theories of potential Jedi that could come into this series that would sense Grogu. Ezra from Rebels was already mentioned above due to the line about General Thrawn. Another that would be cool and I read that it could be is Cal Kestis from the Fallen Order video game. He has a similar story in the game as Grogu.

Give Filoni's history with Star Wars canon, odds favor an Ezra sighting. However that would complicate the story telling given where the other series left off.

Could be. Rebels is 5yrs before ANH, and there are 4 years between ANH and ROTJ, then 5 years between ROTJ and The Mandalorian. So assuming Ezra is in his twenties when Rebels ends, then he’s in mid mid to upper 30’s during the Mandalorian timeline. He could very well sense the child.

He was in the Jedi temple training before Anakin wiped them out. So he’s had some training and it seems like now he’s suppressed some of that based on Ashoka’s comments.

Disney+ has a top 20 episodes to watch to give a sense of the timeline, but I would watch all of them if you have time

Gotcha. So it’s one series and a bunch of episodes. I read it as if it’s a couple different series.

Gotcha. So it’s one series and a bunch of episodes. I read it as if it’s a couple different series.
Yes, 4 seasons iirc and about 20 min per episode

I just went down a worm hole on Wikipedia timeline and the books. I read the originals and all of the tales of the Jedi and galaxy of fear and basically anything written pre 2000-2002.

Going to pick up the clone wars adaption series but any other books in the series recommendations?

Yes, 4 seasons iirc and about 20 min per episode

Sweet. My daughter will be all over these with me. Cartoon form is always helpful with that.

This is next up on the docket.

They’re going all in with the fanboy references to try and get us to shut up about how bad Disney’s stewardship of Star Wars has been. The Mandalorian has been the only enjoyable part of Disney Star Wars but I’ll always consider true canon to be everything up til when Lucas sold.

It’s a shame too cause TFA and TLJ could have been great with minor changes. TROS was just garbage though. Not sure how that could have been salvaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back