Manuel de la Torre

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I have always had trouble with the body centric swing methodology...starting from the ground up and letting the arms, hands, and club follow, various angle and what not. I have been working a bit with the MDLT method and find it elegant in its simplicity. Essentially you use both hands to take the club over the right shoulder than swing the club with your upper arms (from the elbow to the shoulder). I played my last 9 today for not sure how long and shot a 38 (par 35). Once ranges/courses get back open I intend to keep working with this swing methodology.

Anyone else try the MDLT method?

Have not, and sounds like a different approach.

i will watch some videos tonight and report back.

I have always had trouble with the body centric swing methodology...starting from the ground up and letting the arms, hands, and club follow, various angle and what not. I have been working a bit with the MDLT method and find it elegant in its simplicity. Essentially you use both hands to take the club over the right shoulder than swing the club with your upper arms (from the elbow to the shoulder). I played my last 9 today for not sure how long and shot a 38 (par 35). Once ranges/courses get back open I intend to keep working with this swing methodology.

Anyone else try the MDLT method?
Is that the one with the "heavy arms" swing? I may have tried that a couple of years ago and don't remember what came of it. I just looked at 5 or 6 vids on YouTube re: Ernest Jones and Manuel del le Torre - do you have links to the best vids to demonstrate what you're working on?

Is that the one with the "heavy arms" swing? I may have tried that a couple of years ago and don't remember what came of it. I just looked at 5 or 6 vids on YouTube re: Ernest Jones and Manuel del le Torre - do you have links to the best vids to demonstrate what you're working on?

No, not heavy arms as I understand it. I don't have any video...I picked up his book a while back:

Big fan @Sean of MDT swing method, when my back is bothering me its what I revert back to. One of the local PGA pros up here was a student of his and uses his methods, I've already booked a series once things open back up.

Big fan @Sean of MDT swing method, when my back is bothering me its what I revert back to. One of the local PGA pros up here was a student of his and uses his methods, I've already booked a series once things open back up.

Good too hear TR. While I don't hit every shot the way I would like (who does?), I find I am much more consistent with the MDLT swing than the body centric one. Of course, everyone is different and might find MDLT is not for them.

Back