Tour Event Marathon LPGA Classic

BigMac

#LLTG!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
At Highland Meadows Golf Club in Sylvania, OH.

Nasa Hataoka shoots an opening round 61 (-10), to take a 4 stroke lead. The course record is 60, set by Paula Creamer in 2008. Paula is T27 after an opening round 69 (-2).

Nasa Hataoka shoots an opening round 61 (-10), to take a 4 stroke lead. The course record is 60, set by Paula Creamer in 2008. Paula is T27 after an opening round 69 (-2).
Those ladies are incredibly talented but those scores still blow my mind. 3 or 4 years ago I detoured through OH to meet up with an old THP buddy ( @rbarthle17 ) for a round at Highland Meadows. We played the 'Marathon Tees' and IMO it was a challenging test. -10? -11? holy crap.

Those ladies are incredibly talented but those scores still blow my mind. 3 or 4 years ago I detoured through OH to meet up with an old THP buddy ( @rbarthle17 ) for a round at Highland Meadows. We played the 'Marathon Tees' and IMO it was a challenging test. -10? -11? holy crap.
It must have been fun to play the course and gain that perspective! The ladies are definitely fun to watch, and I think their talent is criminally underrated.

Round 2 coverage on Golf Channel now.

Both Danielle Kang and Jennifer Kupcho charging hard today, -7 and -6 so far, respectively!

Both Danielle Kang and Jennifer Kupcho charging hard today, -7 and -6 so far, respectively!

would be great to see Kupcho win soon

Danielle having a rough back 9, three bogeys in her last 4 holes.

I’d love to see Rachel Heck make the cut and play the weekend. Neat that she has the opportunity as the NCAA Champion, and she has such a positive, upbeat personality. Always smiling, and her smile could light up a room.

Danielle closes with a birdie and a round of 65 (-6) to end up at -7, five strokes off the lead. Nasa Hataoka with the 36 hole lead at -12.

I’d love to see Rachel Heck make the cut and play the weekend. Neat that she has the opportunity as the NCAA Champion, and she has such a positive, upbeat personality. Always smiling, and her smile could light up a room.

She sure is a sweetheart of a person!!

She sure is a sweetheart of a person!!
And I'm sure she gets an extra plus in your book because she's in Air Force ROTC and wants to serve in the USAF after college. (y)

And I'm sure she gets an extra plus in your book because she's in Air Force ROTC and wants to serve in the USAF after college. (y)

yes sir!!! Ain't that too damn cool !? 🇺🇸

Final round postponed due to weather, congratulations to Nasa Hataoka on the win. She was -19, had a six stroke lead over T2 Mina Harigae and Elizabeth Szokol, both at-13.

Final round postponed due to weather, congratulations to Nasa Hataoka on the win. She was -19, had a six stroke lead over T2 Mina Harigae and Elizabeth Szokol, both at-13.

i might be biased but i love seeing a japanese player win...

I carried the scoreboard for Nasa in Green Bay at the Thornberry a couple years ago. She hit one bad shot all day, a drive on a par 5. Took her unplayable drop, layed up to 140 and stuffed that shot to 1 foot for a tap in par.

She gave me this ball. Seems like she really had fun out there, smiling and laughing with her caddy!

ED48CB1D-BAAB-46A8-8CAD-A7FD694D1C6E.jpeg

Back