Marijuana On The Course

:D
I am a little confused though. How do they not fall out later in life then when your head gets bigger?

I'll chalk it up to a mystery of life.
lol. if you notice most baby's eyes look large. All part of what makes them adorable. So they are not small and as our heads grow but in fact are already larger in porportion to our baby heads at the time. And fwiw here is#3 interesting new learn (in case you didnt know).....our heads never stop growing. This is why often elderly folks can look like they have large heads and in fact in relation to the rest of the body shrinking yet the head still growing its not just an illusion but a reality. But all the while our fully grown eyes (from birth) dont usuallly look small. And if they do thats usualy other factors like eye socket skeletal related.

Too bad i couldnt say about our johnsons what i said about or heads.:alien: but i suppose by the time we are 90 we would then be trippping over it:beat-up:. instead we'll have to search for it. But to be fair the rest of the package will require us to walk around with a skateborard between our legs.:D

Last edited:
:D
lol. if you notice most baby's eyes look large. All part of what makes them adorable. So they are not small and as our heads grow but in fact are already larger in porportion to our baby heads at the time. And fwiw here is#3 interesting new learn (in case you didnt know).....our heads never stop growing. This is why often elderly folks can look like they have large heads and in fact in relation to the rest of the body shrinking yet the head still growing its not just an illusion but a reality. But all the while our fully grown eyes (from birth) dont usuallly look small. And if they do thats usualy other factors like eye socket skeletal related.

Too bad i couldnt say about our johnsons what i said about or heads.:alien: but i suppose by the time we are 90 we would then be trippping over it:beat-up:. instead we'll have to search for it. But to be fair the rest of the package will require us to walk around with a skateborard between our legs.:D

Just lol. Haha.

I'm staying in bed Til Monday now, fwiw. Keep this up and I won't go to work next week, although you lost me on the skateboard thing. I do NOT however want an explanation, lol.

The article quotes a Gallup poll. Do you think they are misrepresenting the results?

if you are linking something and are up against someone with a peer reviewed study, the majority of us are going to put a lot less credence in anything from Daily Wire, Daily beast, Huffpost, and other such uh..."journalism" sites. And yes, that includes polls which have long and repeatedly been shown to be incredibly easy to manipulate. What questions were asked, of what cross-section of people, just two fun queries. I have seen people word their polls in such a way as to get died in the wool NRA members come out in the poll as being against anyone owning guns. It was done for a laugh and you will not see it in any "news" site like those mentioned above but it was a pretty good experiment. Appeals to authority work better when they are to actual authority, not to easily skewed/mis-written stuff. We live in an age when credibility is very key: sites like Snopes are starting to lose it or maneuvers such as fact-checking a satire site and calling it fake news. Snopes is something many of us trusted for quite a while. Polls have been shown repeatedly to set up their polls to get specific outcomes. It is a thing.

So yes, when it comes to the left wing and right wing sites, do I think they mis-represent the results? Routinely. Deliberately.

if you are linking something and are up against someone with a peer reviewed study, the majority of us are going to put a lot less credence in anything from Daily Wire, Daily beast, Huffpost, and other such uh..."journalism" sites. And yes, that includes polls which have long and repeatedly been shown to be incredibly easy to manipulate. What questions were asked, of what cross-section of people, just two fun queries. I have seen people word their polls in such a way as to get died in the wool NRA members come out in the poll as being against anyone owning guns. It was done for a laugh and you will not see it in any "news" site like those mentioned above but it was a pretty good experiment. Appeals to authority work better when they are to actual authority, not to easily skewed/mis-written stuff. We live in an age when credibility is very key: sites like Snopes are starting to lose it or maneuvers such as fact-checking a satire site and calling it fake news. Snopes is something many of us trusted for quite a while. Polls have been shown repeatedly to set up their polls to get specific outcomes. It is a thing.

So yes, when it comes to the left wing and right wing sites, do I think they mis-represent the results? Routinely. Deliberately.

polls, statistics, research, results always need to be taken with grains of salt. Most anyone can manipulate such things in order to find results that support their own cause. Its not hard to do. Even when bias free there can still be a lot that is skewed and many questions left unanswered. Even simple statistics in golf are often skewed and at times people like to sometimes use them to make a point to support their own views but are never without flaw. Basically....just have a cause and we can use, find, tweak, or even make a stat to support it. Even scientific research which contains black and white facts can still sometimes be skewed when wanting to use the facts for a purpose. Just depends how it was all obtained , what was asked, and from which views.

polls, statistics, research, results always need to be taken with grains of salt. Most anyone can manipulate such things in order to find results that support their own cause. Its not hard to do. Even when bias free there can still be a lot that is skewed and many questions left unanswered. Even simple statistics in golf are often skewed and at times people like to sometimes use them to make a point to support their own views but are never without flaw. Basically....just have a cause and we can use, find, tweak, or even make a stat to support it. Even scientific research which contains black and white facts can still sometimes be skewed when wanting to use the facts for a purpose. Just depends how it was all obtained , what was asked, and from which views.

as one famous person (I have seen it attributed to several, choose your favorite) said, "there are lies, %^&* lies and statistics". the person that wants to manipulate will manipulate.

In an improved world, the beer cart girl would be replaced by the joint girl.

as one famous person (I have seen it attributed to several, choose your favorite) said, "there are lies, %^&* lies and statistics". the person that wants to manipulate will manipulate.
I wasnt really even talking lies. That would just be more to add to the point. But just stats and collected research can be twisted , created, tweaked in order to in order to make a case without even having to lie.

I wasnt really even talking lies. That would just be more to add to the point. But just stats and collected research can be twisted , created, tweaked in order to in order to make a case without even having to lie.

Oh, I get that...it is just a fairly famous quote, often attributed to Mark Twain but not always, that always brings a smile to my face. I watch a ton of sports and you see it done live there all the time. Next time you see a "that catch had x% chance of being made" stop and think about it. Did THAT catch have that probability? or was that particular fielder much more likely to catch it based on his ability to read the ball, jump advantage percentage, route efficiency advantage, speed....and that is one quick, off the top of my head example. I see it done all the time in polls, politics, sports...data says nothing, how it is interpreted (and generated) say a lot

Oh, I get that...it is just a fairly famous quote, often attributed to Mark Twain but not always, that always brings a smile to my face. I watch a ton of sports and you see it done live there all the time. Next time you see a "that catch had x% chance of being made" stop and think about it. Did THAT catch have that probability? or was that particular fielder much more likely to catch it based on his ability to read the ball, jump advantage percentage, route efficiency advantage, speed....and that is one quick, off the top of my head example. I see it done all the time in polls, politics, sports...data says nothing, how it is interpreted (and generated) say a lot
Also like one of our famous debates we had in this forum which uses a statistic to make a case that i felt and still feel is very flawed. The old Cleveland campaign marketing which said that 65% (or was it 60...i forget now) of golf shots are from 125 and in. They used that in order to market wedges but it also created an ideology that it then is the most important part of the game. yet imo there are many flaws with that whole ideology. Thats imo a perfect example of finding a stat to support a cause but without real justification. Im not bringing this up to start the debate again. But just to show how stats can be used for most any purpose one wants to. I mean just move that distance number forward and back 10 yrds at a clip and the percentage goes up and down accordingly. or take putting away from that and it probably cuts in half. Its kind of like me stating that we must hit a tee shot on 100% of the holes we play. Thats a true statistical statement. I can then go on to say that it would make sense for us to then become the best we can at tee shots and that they are of most importance since we have to one on every hole we ever play. So one can utilize a statistic, create one, etc,...for purpose of supporting a view.

Golf is free time. People choose to partake in free time.

Last weekend all 3 playing partners were passing the blunt. Smoked 2 blunts on the front 9 and one blunt on the back. Now I don't partake while I'm doing any activities, golf included. But they are out there enjoying their time, hitting good and bad shots, just like I am being sober during the round of golf.

Smoke up Johnny!!

Do what you want with you time, however, if your playing partners want you to stop please respect them and stop.

What if Mj was legal but alcohol was not. Would those of you that drink now on the course still drink if it was illegal. For those of you who don't smoke the wacky stuff on the course, if it was legal, would you? Asking for a friend... ha ha

Becomes completely legal here in Canada Thursday I believe. I’ve never been one to smoke myself (waste of money as it doesn’t affect me lol...no seriously, I’ve had many guys try to get me stoned, including my dealer lacrosse coaches once). I believe shouldn’t smoke in your group without permission, just like regular tobacco. Otherwise, I don’t care what people do. All the science shows it’s way less dangerous than alcohol and nobody seriously thinks prohibition of alcohol is a good idea, especially on the course. Saying that, I have 2 issues: 1) people still seem to think driving high is less dangerous than drunk; it’s not. 2) for the love of Joe Pesci don’t smoke bad pot. If it smells like a skunk, you should be banned from the course.

edit to the OP about kids: I don’t think it’s any worse than alcohol so don’t think it’s a much different conversation.

Buds that smell like skunk in most cases, would not be considered bad pot. Quite the opposite actually.

There is such a heavy state of denial and deceit about this topic. Smoking while golfing on the course improves manners and greatly increases focus. The smoke is noxious, unless you use a vaporizer. NO PERSON UNDER 25 YEARS OF AGE SHOULD CONSUME THC. That's it. It is deleterious to the developing brain. End of subject.

For the smokers: Does it improve your game? Highly doubtful. Does it improve the experience? Unquestionably.
Why is it ok to indulge alcoholics or over-consumers of beer on the course? I know more "golfers" than I'd like to admit who enjoy the beers more than the golf. I've "played" with a lot of very famous ones.

One of my close friends I played with on the high school golf Team might disagree. He Won the Big 12 individual golf title. It is one of the biggest and hardest tournaments to win at that level. He smoked 20 minutes before he teed off to help him relax and calm his nerves. He went on to play golf for Mississippi State.

What if Mj was legal but alcohol was not. Would those of you that drink now on the course still drink if it was illegal. For those of you who don't smoke the wacky stuff on the course, if it was legal, would you? Asking for a friend... ha ha

The only thing keeping me from partaking is my employer. Pissing in a cup can have that affect on you if want to stay employed with them, and it sucks.

One of my close friends I played with on the high school golf Team might disagree. He Won the Big 12 individual golf title. It is one of the biggest and hardest tournaments to win at that level. He smoked 20 minutes before he teed off to help him relax and calm his nerves. He went on to play golf for Mississippi State.

Pretty hard to win the Big 12 individual title when you play for an SEC school??

Pretty hard to win the Big 12 individual title when you play for an SEC school??

My close friend I played golf with on the High school golf team won the Big 12 tournament. He WENT ON to play for Mississippi State. The Big 12 is a High school golf tournament that is held in Illinois where we played High school golf together. Put down the pipe Smitt.

My close friend I played golf with on the High school golf team won the Big 12 tournament. He WENT ON to play for Mississippi State. The Big 12 is a High school golf tournament that is held in Illinois where we played High school golf together. Put down the pipe Smitt.

Lol! Didn't even think about it being a HS tournament. No pipe going on I was just confused (nothin new there:)).

Best to go in the woods...

Last edited:
Well in my province, the laws are basically the same as with a bottle of brandy. For example wherever it is appropriate and legal to pull out that bottle of brandy and drink, is basically where you can smoke weed legally in Saskatchewan.

But on my course which I'm a member of the board, we voted unanimously this week to not allow it on the deck, but not to police it at all on the course (or to turn a blind eye to it). People here have been used to the smell for 20 years (IMO and our boards, cigars, and cigarettes smell worse, which also this year isn't allowed on the deck), so in reality, not much has changed. Now that only around 17% of Canadians smoke tobacco, and around 18% reported smoking pot (so unreported would make it more for sure), so more Canadians smoke weed than tobacco now. Once they legalize concentrates, and edibles in October, that number will rise even more.

We have enough drunk idiots to worry about, and trying to stop people from bringing their own beer..., which has always been a problem for us.

We are going to review our policy in 3 months and go over positives, and negatives.

I think that's a very fair policy.

No need to have that around where people/families are eating.

Pretty much my take on it too, makes sense.

One legal, one not. If we're going to argue merits, there's always that... :)

What would I be more upset about, seeing my kids sneak a beer or catching them with a joint? The latter for sure due to the legalities. If both were illegal or if both were legal, that would change.

Underage consumption of alcohol is just as illegal as being caught with a doobie. They both carry the same punishment here in GA. Underage consumption may be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, the disclaimers:

1) I don't personally partake... not because I don't like it, but because I REALLY like it. At this point in my life my career is based in large part on my moderate OCD, and when I'm high, it shuts off my OCD like a light. Totally gone. It's absolutely a relief and I love how it feels but I'd get fired real quick without the OCD.

2) I'll steer clear of the "legalize it" debate here; there's plenty of opinions on that and I don't have anything constructive to add to the discussion.

We're all just people, golfers and non-golfers. I know this but I like to think that the average golfer is going to be a more solid and honest person than the average non-golfer. Maybe I'm wrong here but I've met way more nice folks golfing than I have, on average, in other walks of life. I'd rather my kids equate high moral standards to someone that doesn't use illegal substances, regardless of how silly the laws regarding it are (in some folks opinion).

So what are your views? Am I wrong here and should I change my views? I only want what's best for my kids and if my views here are outdated, here's your chance to straighten me out. I'm willing to listen to any arguments for or against. Thanks!

Can we expand a bit on the section I highlighted above?

Is it your position that the golfer who smokes a joint on the course is a less honest/moral person than the one who doesn't?

What about the golfer how has 6 beers and 3 Fireball shots, then drives home?

Or the golfer who drove 70mph in a 55 zone on the way to the course?

Or the one who takes a mulligan or improves their lie?

I'm interested in understanding whether your position is tied to morality in general, or just to weed, or...?

Thanks!

Back