Marijuana On The Course

I've got a bad tendon in my right hand. I've tried topicals but they are at best very inconsistent. Are there other options that would help with pain relief during and after the round? What about swelling? PM me to avoid hijacking this thread, if you'd like.

Last edited:
AS one who does not smoke. Cigars, Cigarettes and or the illegal weed. I choose to not believe that is something is illegal, then not getting caught, does not make it legal. I more worry about those who will be on the road while you are driving home....

I've got a bad tendon in my right hand. I've tried topicals but they are at best very inconsistent. Are there other options that would help with pain relief during and after the round? What about swelling? PM me to avoid hijacking this thread, if you'd like.

Were any of the topicals CBD cream? I had terrific success with some excruciating knee pain I had back in Sept/Oct. I use it preventatively now and have been thoroughly pain free for a month now. My Orthopedic Doc confirmed that he too believed that it was what worked.

AS one who does not smoke. Cigars, Cigarettes and or the illegal weed. I choose to not believe that is something is illegal, then not getting caught, does not make it legal. I more worry about those who will be on the road while you are driving home....
It's not illegal in quite a few states!
I worry about the drunks driving home after a round too!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I seem to be in the minority, but I’m going to have to disagree there. MJ vapes are the Sex Panther of the marijuana world. The scent stings the nostrils. I’d much rather be around an MJ smoker than vaper.

Neither bother me though. You do you. On or off the course. Just keep it discrete, respectful, and don’t over indulge on course.

If you’re getting some of the vape cloud sure. I don’t ever hit it when anyone else could possibly get any of the vape itself. Only when I’m alone.

There is zero residual pot smell in my house from that. I do it inside so long as my kids aren’t there. If they are if I feel the need I’ll discreetly sneak off for a minute.

I’ve been honest with my older two about it. That said I don’t let them see me do it in any form.

It’s not illegal. Even without a card it’s decriminalized in OH.

I would never be talking on an open forum about doing something illegal.

Any time I sit behind the wheel I can pass a field sobriety check.

I am much more a risk driving if I’m taking several other medicines that I’m prescribed. In fact I watch the dosage windows in those just as close, but I’ve elimanted most of them on a regular basis.

Once I’m cured I have no intentions of continuing to use it. Legal or no. It had been about 20 years since I had.

This is a great thread. As someone in Canada we are obviously at a different stage than most of the US with the legalization process and I’m extremely glad it’s finally happened.

on another note, as someone with some direct involvement in the industry if anybody had questions or need suggestions I can help to the best of my ability!

Sorry to disagree. I drink a glass of wine primarily because I like the taste. or it compliments my meal. If I have three, I'll get a buzz. The only reason to smoke pot is to get high.

Sorry to disagree. I drink a glass of wine primarily because I like the taste. or it compliments my meal. If I have three, I'll get a buzz. The only reason to smoke pot is to get high.

Not true for reasons I’ve expounded on. As a daily medicine that is taken at specific times in specific amounts, I do not get “high” from it. I did the first week or so. You’re knew here so you probably don’t know that I have a cancer like illness that’s treated the same way as cancer.

After being 100% miserable to the point of barely making it through the day, everyday, and having tried dang near every RX medication to control side effects, my doctor set this up for me.

So do lots of people use it get high? Yes. I did 20 some years ago when I would occasionally use it. Does everyone? Nope. I only know (that I know of) two other MMJ patients. One is a older relative in the same shape as me, using it as medicine. The other without doubt uses it to get high.

not to mention there are many CBD based options that come in the form of drops or edibles or other options that don’t necessarily give you the “high” you’re talking about.

not to mention there are many CBD based options that come in the form of drops or edibles or other options that don’t necessarily give you the “high” you’re talking about.
CBD does not contain THC. Its not Pot/weed

CBD does not contain THC. Its not Pot/weed

Unregulated by anyone, yes many CBD products contain THC. Enough to make you fail a drug test. Some places (my place of work for example) use the absolute minimum established for the threshold at 10 ng/ml. It doesn’t take much to pop on that.

Trust the source of it. If you can’t then be prepared to fail a DT.

I would not be a fan, strangely, I live in CO and have never seen or smelled anyone smoking or vaping marijuana here

I would not be a fan, strangely, I live in CO and have never seen or smelled anyone smoking or vaping marijuana here
It just became legal (recreationally) in our state as of last month. Prior to that, any amount was a felony. I previously very rarely ever saw or smelled anybody smoking it anywhere, it will be interesting to see how that changes now that it's legal. It's still not legal to do it in public, but it doesn't look like that's had much effect in other states where it's been legalized.

The last time I smoked weed was about 40 years ago, before I took up golf. I've always wondered how it would affect my play, but haven't tried it to find out.

It just became legal (recreationally) in our state as of last month. Prior to that, any amount was a felony. I previously very rarely ever saw or smelled anybody smoking it anywhere, it will be interesting to see how that changes now that it's legal. It's still not legal to do it in public, but it doesn't look like that's had much effect in other states where it's been legalized.

The last time I smoked weed was about 40 years ago, before I took up golf. I've always wondered how it would affect my play, but haven't tried it to find out.
Strange how even when it's legal, it doesn't have the same draw as when I was in college in the 70's. I can definitely see it as something to use if you have issues with your health affecting your play.

Strange how even when it's legal, it doesn't have the same draw as when I was in college in the 70's. I can definitely see it as something to use if you have issues with your health affecting your play.

I’m 100% in tune with the health benefits. I don’t know what cured me. I do know I was on a medicine for almost 2 years, one that caused horrible side effects. The past 6 months I’ve been on medical MJ and I’m now disease free? That’s not the only thing that changed, they doubled my MCD medication.

Which caused even more horrific side effects which is why I went medical. Traditional medicine at best added a side effect that made it so I couldn’t function at all (think drooling on myself).

At the very least it’s kept me to be able to function at work.

Do I think it cured my illness? Probably not? But did it make me be able to get through the day with out eating handfuls of addictive medicine? Yes. Will I continue to use it in 4 weeks when I’m done with the nasty meds? Undecided. Probably not unless my employer stops testing for it. As someone that prior to daily use became messed up, I wasn’t sure how anyone could function. With daily use and an exact dosing regiment, you don’t feel that way about it. I functioned much better on it than off of it. I do plan my driving day around when I’ll dose. I’ve been pulled over twice since I’ve started using it as a medicine, neither time was anything suspected. Once in the AM and once in the PM. I also have a clean record (other than speeding tickets, lol)

I would have lost my job without it, pretty much control the DT program anyways so can beat it as long as I’m prepared, etc. But I don’t like that doubt. So unless my company stops testing for it, I don’t see me doing it post medical need. I still qualify for medical even once the disease is officially over, but as a federal C1 substance, employers don’t have to abide by the normal medicine rules in regards to drug tests.

So just using it legitimately can put your job in jeopardy. That’ll probably solve itself in court in the next few years but if it isn’t solved in 4 weeks that’ll likely be the last I do of it. I’d still be fired if I pop dirty right now but at least I have a legit reason. I mean I guess I still do (x2), but I could justify it prior as it made such a positive impact on my life that it allowed me to hold down a job.

Once the chemo is done, I don’t have a legit need. Yes, I have other things that qualify me. But I can live without it for those.

I’m going to be an interesting case study on if there is withdrawal effects from THC? I take a metric ton of the stuff. Roughly 200mg’s a day.

I’m going to just stop when I stop the chemo. I’m going to guess that I’ll have a runny nose and watery eyes. Pretty much the effects most associate with use. I do 95% of mine through tincture so the effects of the smoke don’t mess with me. My eyes are clearer when I’m using. I’ve had a lot of people comment on how clear I look when I’m using it.

I do have a vape pen for a quick pick me up if needed, but I really don’t care for the stuff. I don’t have much lung capacity anymore so it’s hard to get enough in to make a difference.

Funny, right? Truth be told, from what I can remember I actually like the feeling of being high better than being drunk, yet I still don't have a burning desire (no pun intended) to try it now even though it's legal.

I sure spent a lot of time in my early/mid teen years vegging out in my beanbag chair listening to Led Zeppelin and Frampton Comes Alive, though. :LOL:

These are my thoughts on if you were to partake during golf what I would partake in:

Sativa: Sativa to me really get's me going. It's high energy and a very active mind. This may sound like what you want during golf, but the thinking and analysis is overwhelming and you can really get caught up in trying to find your swing the whole round and just never get a tempo or get in a groove. I do not recommend this type of weed for golf. I do recommend this type of weed for cleaning your house. Stick some headphones in, being high energy, and very analytical is good way to get the house very clean in about 3 hours and kind of just lose yourself in the process.

Indica: It's more of a body buzz. Very relaxing to the body and the mind and analytical increase is much lower than with sativa. This is great for golfing although I would not use during competitive rounds as you really don't care how you're golfing you just enjoy being out on the course. You also have to kind of stay on top of yourself a bit as you can start to dawdle around a little bit (I find myself aimlessly wondering through woods looking for balls, things like that). If I have complex code to write for work I will microdose Indica for 3-4 hours and put my headphones on to get it done.

Hybrids: These might be the winner for golfing and for pain relief. The different chemicals in both strains mentioned above counteract each other a bit and the mind really doesn't get nearly as high with a hybrid, but the body gets very relaxed. These are very relaxing and you get the least "high" effect in sum. I think most people that don't enjoy marijuana would want to go here first. This could be used in competitive rounds for it's calming effect and muscle relaxation and also for pain relief in day to day life if you don't like being high.

I've never tried marijuana but both medicinal and recreational will become legal in our state next month. It's going to be interesting to see if it starts showing up on the local courses next season.

I don't get high from smoking unless I really really try to. I feel other effects though. This is a misconception by a non smoker.

As both an alcohol connoisseur who can't tell you the last time I got "drunk", its also possible with THC

Incorrect.

If you think that one glass of wine doesn't mildly get you high, then you have no business commenting because you're automatically coming from a place of intellectual dishonesty.

Incorrect.

If you think that one glass of wine doesn't mildly get you high, then you have no business commenting because you're automatically coming from a place of intellectual dishonesty.
[]
1. it doesn't get me high and 2. my INTENT is not to get high , vs your pot smoking. Just being honest.

First of all, intent is irrelevant.

Second of all, when I smoke, I microdose and I'll guarantee the effect is less than your glass of wine. But go ahead and continue to pretend to know what you're talking about. You've been a fountain of knowledge in a thread that you have no idea what you're talking about, so far. Congrats.

It's funny how attitudes change with Legalization. My mom who was totally against it, just applied for legal. She has hip problems and refuses to take the pills they want to give her. It's the same stuff they prescribed my Great Grandma for her arthritis. Her medication actually killed her. It caused her liver to fail.
Medical is safest for her until her hip replacements in 5 years from what she has researched.

My buddy just got his medical growing licence. He golf's just as much as me. Now he can take CBD when golfing so he can drive home.
He also has CBD with a little bit of THC plants as it works so much better than straight CBD and uses this golfing when he's not driving.
And lastly he has really heavy THC plants for at home. He says it doesn't help with the pain, but he forgets about it.

My step brother in a wheelchair has bad insomnia and just got prescribed a vape, and a few puffs and he's ready for bed.

Now all this is making me think as I've had a rotator cuff injury on my left shoulder that aches all the time. And traditional medicines don't work well with me as apparently I have a really high tolerance for pain. I usually have to take double what's prescribed to me for it to take effect. And that's not good. We'll see I guess.

My only issue is the backwards and outdated attitudes, especially with travel, so that may hinder me trying this.
bcfe63543bbdffcf627a931042347059.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Back