Marijuana On The Course

I’ve noticed a marijuana smell in the course the last few weeks. Maybe it’s the Florida palms or trees. Keep that stuff off the course.

I’ve noticed a marijuana smell in the course the last few weeks. Maybe it’s the Florida palms or trees. Keep that stuff off the course.
Its legal here, and can smoke anywhere on our course except the deck. It helps many golfers with pain, who wouldn't be golfing otherwise. You'll get used to the smell, I have. You're used to cigarette smoke and that's actually harmful.
Sorry, but if it helps people, others minor annoyance is worth it.

Its legal here, and can smoke anywhere on our course except the deck. It helps many golfers with pain, who wouldn't be golfing otherwise. You'll get used to the smell, I have. You're used to cigarette smoke and that's actually harmful.
Sorry, but if it helps people, others minor annoyance is worth it.
As long as I don’t start eating myself around the course.

As long as I don’t start eating myself around the course.
I actually would be worried it would affect my game. And that is an issue too I guess, maybe the biggest one.

I've played so bad before I've had people ask me if I was stoned :D

I suck at golf enough as it is. I'd play even worse if I was high.

It doesn’t do anything for me in getting rid of pain. A little buzz playing doesn’t hurt my game at all. But only a little. Too much destroys what little playing ability I still have

I actually would be worried it would affect my game. And that is an issue too I guess, maybe the biggest one.

I've played so bad before I've had people ask me if I was stoned :D

I’d say moderation is key anywhere in public with the stuff, but especially on the course. You have to be honest with yourself about your tolerance. Ive seen guys take a couple of hits and all of a sudden they are relaxed and playing better than before. I’ve seen guys claim to be snoop dogg and then their swing is completely unhinged, and they are holding onto the the cart with two hands.

Its legal here in California. I remember when I was young I used to smoke it quite a bit. Then I just lost interest in it and stopped. I did try it about 3 years ago for my back pain. It does help with the pain but I didn't like the high anymore. So I never got back into it. If someone wants to use it on the course I won't get worked up over it. It just not for me.

It doesn’t bother me. Alcohol is the drug that can cause problems on the course. I do draw the line at recreational heroin use on the course. Really slows things down
I draw the line at Heroin also but Meth can make the round a bit faster!!!
Far more issues on the course with Alcohol than weed.

I still haven't seen 2 stoners fight on the course but drunks on the course can be interesting.

IMO slow play and music coming from carts is way more intrusive than a small wisp of smoke passing by.
People that are worried about their kids "seeing it" need to get real and recognize that they're being exposed to it already.

Its legal here in California. I remember when I was young I used to smoke it quite a bit. Then I just lost interest in it and stopped. I did try it about 3 years ago for my back pain. It does help with the pain but I didn't like the high anymore. So I never got back into it. If someone wants to use it on the course I won't get worked up over it. It just not for me.
If it heIps your pain, I would recommend finding some pure CBD or CBD marijuana. Gives most of the benefits without the high. I enjoy it for relaxation and sleep.

It's funny how attitudes change with Legalization. My mom who was totally against it, just applied for legal. She has hip problems and refuses to take the pills they want to give her. It's the same stuff they prescribed my Great Grandma for her arthritis. Her medication actually killed her. It caused her liver to fail.
Medical is safest for her until her hip replacements in 5 years from what she has researched.

My buddy just got his medical growing licence. He golf's just as much as me. Now he can take CBD when golfing so he can drive home.
He also has CBD with a little bit of THC plants as it works so much better than straight CBD and uses this golfing when he's not driving.
And lastly he has really heavy THC plants for at home. He says it doesn't help with the pain, but he forgets about it.

My step brother in a wheelchair has bad insomnia and just got prescribed a vape, and a few puffs and he's ready for bed.

Now all this is making me think as I've had a rotator cuff injury on my left shoulder that aches all the time. And traditional medicines don't work well with me as apparently I have a really high tolerance for pain. I usually have to take double what's prescribed to me for it to take effect. And that's not good. We'll see I guess.

My only issue is the backwards and outdated attitudes, especially with travel, so that may hinder me trying this.
bcfe63543bbdffcf627a931042347059.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Is there a reason she is waiting 5 years to get her hip replaced? I have lots of friends who have had hips relplaced in the last few years and they all say it is life changing. My brother-in-law just had it done last February at age 56 and he is pain free and can things he hasn't been able to do in 15 years. THC sounds like a viable solution but a poor one compared to getting her hip replaced.

I draw the line at Heroin also but Meth can make the round a bit faster!!!
Far more issues on the course with Alcohol than weed.

I still haven't seen 2 stoners fight on the course but drunks on the course can be interesting.
YMMV of course but my experience with both is that alcohol dampens everything, thoughts, emotions, cares, inhibitions, etc. Marijuana does the opposite and increases all those same things. It's why some people get overwhelmed when they're high or suffer from paranoia. They can't handle the flood of sensations and thoughts coming from themselves.

Is there a reason she is waiting 5 years to get her hip replaced? I have lots of friends who have had hips relplaced in the last few years and they all say it is life changing. My brother-in-law just had it done last February at age 56 and he is pain free and can things he hasn't been able to do in 15 years. THC sounds like a viable solution but a poor one compared to getting her hip replaced.
Not sure. Canada medical plan waiting list?? The doctor said they needed to be replaced in 5 years. Not sure. I do believe its more difficult for women than men for that operation, but am not sure what the reason is.
And she is going for mostly CBD I would imagine. She just need the medical as recreation limits for edibles is just laughable in my province. They allow only a purchase of 10 mg of edibles for trip into the store, when some medical users have upwards of 100mg/day.

Last edited:
As a complete nerd who has never been high, and doesn’t drink or smoke anything, I have never understood the need to be so. I have never felt the urge to take the edge off. I grew up in a family that did not drink or smoke also, so I am sure that has something to do with it.

As a complete nerd who has never been high, and doesn’t drink or smoke anything, I have never understood the need to be so. I have never felt the urge to take the edge off. I grew up in a family that did not drink or smoke also, so I am sure that has something to do with it.
Totally fair and fine, I respect that. I do not believe I do either to "take the edge off" though. Alcohol brings a level of comfort and vulnerability to social situations, allowing me to enjoy myself more. In golf, specifically, it lets me be a little but more loose and not overthink or put too much pressure on myself. If you can let loose every now and again or relax under pressure without it, power to you. I'm certainly working on that myself so I don't need to use a crutch. Smoking I do rarely, but is kind of therapeutic because I often go down rabbit holes of thinking that allows me to be more understanding and enjoy things or think about things I wouldn't normally. I know that both can be used for the wrong reasons.

YMMV of course but my experience with both is that alcohol dampens everything, thoughts, emotions, cares, inhibitions, etc. Marijuana does the opposite and increases all those same things. It's why some people get overwhelmed when they're high or suffer from paranoia. They can't handle the flood of sensations and thoughts coming from themselves.
Those effects are more strain dependent but you're certainly not off the mark.

I don't think any of that makes you a nerd, brother. I would agree that your upbringing had a lot to do with your views on the subject and your chosen lifestyle. No shame in any of that, my friend. You do you. ;)

Funny, right? Truth be told, from what I can remember I actually like the feeling of being high better than being drunk, yet I still don't have a burning desire (no pun intended) to try it now even though it's legal.

I sure spent a lot of time in my early/mid teen years vegging out in my beanbag chair listening to Led Zeppelin and Frampton Comes Alive, though. :LOL:
I can relate to listening to music and getting high 40 years ago. I must tell you though, the weed that is out there now for 2021 is not even in the same category as what we smoked 40 years ago. Scientists have almost perfected it to be as good or as strong as you want it to be. There are so many crazy good strains out there now.

I can relate to listening to music and getting high 40 years ago. I must tell you though, the weed that is out there now for 2021 is not even in the same category as what we smoked 40 years ago. Scientists have almost perfected it to be as good or as strong as you want it to be. There are so many crazy good strains out there now.
That's what I hear from the people who do indulge - big difference from the homegrown buttweed we used to buy off the street in sandwich baggies. :ROFLMAO: Maybe my curiosity will get the better of me some day.

The sh!t that we (I) was smoking when I first started (80s) is child's play compared to the stuff today. The average stuff was maybe 11-12% THC and the REALLY good stuff probably topped out at 17%. Bottom floor weed at the dispensaries is close to 21% these days unless you SPECIFICALLY seek out lower THC level strains (and a lot of people do, particularly the older heads).

The sh!t that we (I) was smoking when I first started (80s) is child's play compared to the stuff today. The average stuff was maybe 11-12% THC and the REALLY good stuff probably topped out at 17%. Bottom floor weed at the dispensaries is close to 21% these days unless you SPECIFICALLY seek out lower THC level strains (and a lot of people do, particularly the older heads).
I'm not that old and probably smoked for the first time around 2010. I even go for THC in the 1-10% range, heavy on CBD. "Budtenders" at dispensaries are fairly good at finding you what you're looking for. At least in WA where it's been legal for over 5 years, a lot of expertise has been developed.

Don’t think I’ve ever done it on the course. Can’t imagine it would help. Not a big drinker on the course either. Definitely doesn’t help!

I'm waiting for the courses to get their weed license, just like they have a liquor license. A few more bucks in the kitty

Back