i don think im going to like this game. i like the original one. as time went on i liked them less. i dont like speed golf i like when they send you on a journey to conquer courses, beat players, and do challenges. Puttz, Grace, Tiny, and Gene, stuff like that. then you can build stats.
Yeah the game boy color one was like that and it was my favorite.

Yeah the game boy color one was like that and it was my favorite.
This is one of my favorite games of all time. You pick a character to develop, then conquer 5 courses meeting... I wont spoil it, but I will add that you can play it by downloading an emulator and the game in a matter of minutes. its got chip challenges, all kinds of things that the new one probably doesnt have. theres another one that doesnt have gene yuss, but a guy named kid whos like a golf pro or something. the only problem with the game is once you win there isnt much to do. you can replay the 5 courses or 6 thats a par 3 course.
IF anyone tries it let me know how it went.

This is one of my favorite games of all time. You pick a character to develop, then conquer 5 courses meeting... I wont spoil it, but I will add that you can play it by downloading an emulator and the game in a matter of minutes. its got chip challenges, all kinds of things that the new one probably doesnt have. theres another one that doesnt have gene yuss, but a guy named kid whos like a golf pro or something. the only problem with the game is once you win there isnt much to do. you can replay the 5 courses or 6 thats a par 3 course.
IF anyone tries it let me know how it went.
Go get Golf Story off the Nintendo store on your switch.

Go get Golf Story off the Nintendo store on your switch.
I left my Switch in the Chicago airport but that game looks exactly what I am looking for.

I dont have a switch. ive seen golf story. It looks good too.

but i just looked at Mario super rush.... David Feherty is the announcer?! What?!

Just saw the trailer for it. Going to preorder.

I freaking loved the Mario Golf games on N64 and GameCube. I don't play video games at all any more, but if I did I'd be all over this.

im not comparing games. but it looks like golf story has no break on putting surface

Do you play golf story? the makers made a simple game, its free too isnt it? it doesnt look that realistic, i never played it.

im not comparing games. but it looks like golf story has no break on putting surface

Do you play golf story? the makers made a simple game, its free too isnt it? it doesnt look that realistic, i never played it.

I don't know about this Mario Golf version, but the previous ones definitely had break on greens. To the point where some of the greens were basically funhouses lol

I don't know about this Mario Golf version, but the previous ones definitely had break on greens. To the point where some of the greens were basically funhouses lol
He's referring to Golf Story rather than Mario Golf there.

Last edited:
As much as I love Mario, Mario Golf, and video games in general, this post is a mess haha. But, yes, I will be purchasing Mario Golf: Super Rush. Me and my family will enjoy this one for sure. Hope you enjoy it.

My 9yo got this delivered Friday. Neat game. I haven’t played it but I’ve been watching him play. Lots of little nuggets of golf knowledge which are cool for him to learn. The game is definitely getting him more interested in the game and wanting to play it for real more often.

My 9yo got this delivered Friday. Neat game. I haven’t played it but I’ve been watching him play. Lots of little nuggets of golf knowledge which are cool for him to learn. The game is definitely getting him more interested in the game and wanting to play it for real more often.
That’s definitely a dad win!

its out. theres i saw a mii that does a drill, maybe you can level him up.... it means that the mii would end up being better than any other character. other than that.... looked boring, the same as the other games. i used to choose Mario, Petey Pirhana, or Metal Mario. Marios good cause he hits it 270 and a small hi draw. What happened to Maple?! did they bring any of those characters back? Sonny? Harry?
they could add golf carts,

finally, it looks like people are playing the game.
It looks like nobody raking the bunkers though!

Has anyone played it?

This is nowhere near as good as the old Mario Golf. The shot mechanism is weird to get used to, and the rush bits are tedious to keep having to run to your ball.

Chalk this up as one just for the kids.

It doesnt look like something Id like to play. I appreciate the graphics.

Thinking of introducing my daughter to video games this fall/winter. New house will be set up better for this.

I'd love to get Mario Golf and get a switch.

I still love the OG for NES.

Back